PDA

View Full Version : Spoodles Pizza

MOJoe
02-24-2009, 10:06 AM
I would like to know what the pizza from Spoodles take out window is like. I have a very picky teen that loves thin pepperoni pizza, but little else. Can someone clue me in as to what style of pizza Spoodles offers?

JPL
02-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Very Simple :sick::ack:

Sorry to say but with all the potential and the brick oven it's still terrible almost unedible.

Figment78
02-24-2009, 10:32 AM
To answer your question about style, it's moderately thin (maybe 1/2 in) and yes, they offer pepperoni. I LOVE pizza and am somewhat picky and I thought it was fine. The pizza at the window is very basic, not gourmet or anything. They have some other fancier ones inside. I wouldn't say the take-out window is :ack: at all. But it's definitely not gourmet. Pizza is one of those tricky things. Everyone has different preferences. Some people love pizza hut, some people hate it, etc.

MOJoe
02-24-2009, 05:42 PM
The reason i would use the take out window is because my teen is disgusted by many of the "gourmet" selections my wife and i enjoy so much. I'm thinking if the pizza at Spoodles is kid friendly, we may let the picky eater go there, while my wife and i stroll over to Epcot for something more adult.

PlutoPlanet
02-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Spoodles pizza is below average. It does not compare to a real Italian pizza from NY/Boston.

PETE FROM NYC
02-25-2009, 01:45 PM
I am NY born and bred of Italian heritage.
There is no edible pizza in the whole state of Florida.
What they call pizza ,I call cardboard with ketchup.
Sorry, but when it comes to Italian food ,I am a snob.
When my genuine Italian Grandmother moved near WDW, She had standing orders that for anyone coming for a visit, please bring her 5 lbs of sausage from her favorite butcher on Long Island.
You have to be Italian to cook Italian.
That can be truly said about any ethnic food.

VWL Mom
02-25-2009, 04:35 PM
I am NY born and bred of Italian heritage.
There is no edible pizza in the whole state of Florida.
What they call pizza ,I call cardboard with ketchup.
Sorry, but when it comes to Italian food ,I am a snob.
When my genuine Italian Grandmother moved near WDW, She had standing orders that for anyone coming for a visit, please bring her 5 lbs of sausage from her favorite butcher on Long Island.
You have to be Italian to cook Italian.
That can be truly said about any ethnic food.

When my mom lived in Florida she had standing orders for Giordano's bread. :D

I think I heard somewhere that the crust and bread difference has something to do with the way the water mixes with the yeast.

Johnno52
02-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Pizzas as everyone mentioned are not generally good however I found if you order a full pizza at Spoodles takeout window it is better than getting a slice or two as it will be hot and fresh. We had one this month there and it was okay for Disney made. Another place which is good is at Wolfgang Pucks at DTD.

jcvalenti
02-26-2009, 10:00 AM
I thought the Spoodles pizza was decent. Even bad pizza is usually pretty good ... though I agree with the poster above that Floridians are terrible with the pizza.

I thought the pizza at Mama Melrose's in DHS was MUCH better.

katzctkpt
02-26-2009, 10:11 AM
We've had the pizza from Sassagoula Pizza Express and thought is was good. Is Sassagoula's pizza the same or comparable to Spoodles?

MickeyMousse
02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately I must agree with the majority...:ack:...it was terrible. But yes, they do offer pepperoni.
The pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD was good though. You might want to skip Spoodles and go there instead.

Seasonscraps
02-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Pizzas as everyone mentioned are not generally good however I found if you order a full pizza at Spoodles takeout window it is better than getting a slice or two as it will be hot and fresh. We had one this month there and it was okay for Disney made. Another place which is good is at Wolfgang Pucks at DTD.

This was my experience as well. It's not as good a pizza I get at home, but it's ok and certainly edible.