PDA

View Full Version : DDP at Food and Wine

Suz36
02-24-2009, 10:00 AM
How does it work if you are on the dining plan during Food and Wine? Can you use QS and snack credits at the kiosks? Would the QS plan be more economical than the basic plan if you plan on spending a lot of time in Epcot sampling? I'm desperately trying to convince my DH to go, and I want to make sure I have all my facts straight to present a good case! Thanks!

SBETigg
02-24-2009, 10:35 AM
If you plan to spend a lot of time sampling at the Food and Wine Fest, you're better off without a dining plan. They will take your snack credits in some cases, but nothing counts as a qs meal credit at the booths as far as I know.

AwPhooey
02-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Many items available at the F&WF can be purchased using DDP snack credits.

Choosing between the basic and QS DDP options really depends on whether or not you plan on dining at TS restaurants.

I've been to F&WF twice and have had the DDP both times. My family saved a bunch of our snack credits throughout the week and we were able to enjoy lots of great food with no additional out of pocket cost.

prttynpnk
02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
We've used the basic DDP several times savin g all the snack credits for a festive night of grazing at F&W. It's work for us and we really like to eat!

DisneyFr33k
02-24-2009, 05:18 PM
We've used the DDP during the F&W festival twice now and will only go during this time from now on. We save our snack credits to eat our way around the World Showcase. This serves as our lunch as some of the samples/portions are large! Once it is done, we feel full and ready to enjoy more Epcot!! We've added up the cost and many of the samples are quiet expensive, so we feel like it is a better deal. Plus, with 4 of us and 28 snack credits, we get to sample everything we like with room to go back for our favorites. We LOVE the Food and Wine Festival on the DDP!! :wine::cheers: