PDA

View Full Version : The Great Movie Ride - What would you do?

Marker
02-24-2009, 08:51 AM
There have been many discussions concerning The Great Movie Ride and whether or not they should update it. So, just for fun, lets say they have indeed elected to make a change, and YOU are in charge of selecting the movies to depict. You can change some, all, or none of the movies currently selected. Currently, The Great Movie Ride treats us to the following scenes.

1) Footlight Parade
2) Singin' In the Rain
3) Mary Poppins
4) The Public Enemy
5) The Old West (featuring John Wayne and Clint Eastwood)
6) Alien
7) Raiders of the Lost Ark
8) Tarzan the Ape Man
9) Casablanca
10) Fantasia
11) The Wizard of Oz
12) Theater Finale

And just for fun and a little bit of demographic comparison, if you are willing, include your age along with your selections.

And yes, I will answer but I'm still thinking.

Marker
02-24-2009, 09:21 AM

1) Silent Movies - featuring Rudolf Valentino, Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin
2) Singin' In the Rain
3) Mary Poppins
4) Casablanca
5) The Public Enemy
6) The Old West (featuring John Wayne and Clint Eastwood)
7) Friday The 13th (this could represent the horror movie genre, and could be 1980 or 2009 )
8) Raiders of the Lost Ark
9) Saving Private Ryan (Somewhat contemporary being about 10 years old, represnetative of Hollywood's war movies)
10) Fantasia
11) The Wizard of Oz
12) Theater Finale - a montage of Disney's live action films from Treasure Island to Pirates of the Caribbean.

SBETigg
02-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Fun thread, Marker. I'm 40 and I'm keeping them all the same!

1) Footlight Parade
2) Singin' In the Rain
3) Mary Poppins
4) The Public Enemy
6) Alien
7) Raiders of the Lost Ark
8) Tarzan the Ape Man
9) Casablanca
10) Fantasia
11) The Wizard of Oz
12) Theater Finale

But I'm contemplating how much fun a Great TV Ride would be to go in somewhere nearby. :cool:

gwfx1031
02-24-2009, 09:40 AM
My demo is Male, 40. Here is my idea

1. Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton
2. Singing in the rain
3. Mary Poppins
4. Gangster scene to include Godfather (Brando) and Untouchables (DeNiro), Bonnie and Clyde, Dillinger, etc.
5. Western scene remain but add Butch Cassidy
6. Change Alien to Star Wars like opening scene where Darth Vader and storm troopers enter the rebel ship. Change it all together to Lord of the Rings scene
7. Raiders remain in tact
8. Change out Mummy section with homage to war movies (Patton, Private Ryan, Platoon, etc.)
9. Change Tarzan to sports themes like Rocky and Karate Kid and Bryan's song,etc
10. Add area to Casablance to honor other love stories, like Love Story and others.
11. Keep Mickey. Duh.
12. Keep Wizard.
13. New movie is needed. I know the update it, but overall it is the same as it was on day one.

There seems to be so much dead area on the ride to be able to add additional chracters and scenes in to refresh it.

elmjimmlm
02-24-2009, 09:51 AM

7) Friday The 13th (this could represent the horror movie genre, and could be 1980 or 2009 )

Age 36

My DS would never go back in there again...:drama:He has a hard enough time going through Alien...

I would love to see Gone with the Wind with Scarlett being carried up the stairs by Rhett...

Imagineer1981
02-24-2009, 11:59 AM

my overall idea would be to have
a main scene, like Indiana jones, but then maybe it is supported by smaller scenes or video of other similar movies as you pass by. Maybe the cars are updated like SE to have video on board.

1) Silent Movies - small film clip montage as you pass by. perhaps show some old movie cameras and equipment
2) Musicals - as a montage including Singin' In the Rain, White Christmas, etc.
3) Mary Poppins - only because its not represented anywhere else on property and is a good follow up to musicals
4) Gangsters - featuring Public Enemy, Godfather, Goodfellas, Road to Perdition, etc.
5) The old west -featuring John Wayne, Clint Eastwood.
6)Sci-Fi - star wars, star trek, battle star galatica, lord of the rings, the hobbit
7) Horror Films - I like the take they have on horror films right now, its an older version but its not like terrifying to younger kids. A few mummys and all good.
8) Adventure/War - Raiders of the lost Ark and other adventurer movies like Romancing the Stone, the Mummy. etc that segway into War movies like Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor, etc, again more of a montage showing hollywood war.
9) The Wizard of Oz - timeless
10) Plane Crazy to Fantasia - Disney classic films represented in a large scene
11)Theater Finale - a montage of films as is, just updated

ASweetLov
02-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Age 25/ Keep it all the same

1- Footlight Parade
2- Singin' in the Rain
3- Mary Poppins
4- The Public Enemy
5- The Old West (with John Wayne & Clint Eastwood)
6- Alien
7- Raiders of the Lost Ark
8- Tarzan the Ape Man
9- Casablanca
10- Fantasia
11- The Wizard of Oz
12- Theater Finale

I am kinda liking the idea of Friday the 13th, but thats because I am a horror movie freak haha :D

Ian
02-24-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm 39 ... and honestly I don't have a full list of updates, but one thing I always felt strongly about was that it was very, very odd that Disney films were so underrepresented. Poor Sorcerer Mickey has like a 10 second film clip and that's it.

What I've always thought would have been far more appropriate for that was a full room scene with an Audio-Animatronic Sorcerer Mickey surrounded by Audio-Animatronic dancing brooms, Mickey's arms moving up and down and real water splashing up ... stuff like that.

I would definitely add that scene if given a chance.

JPL
02-24-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't have a full list of changes nor can I really think of any especially knowing the licensing agreements and tough competition between moive studios.

Sorceror Mickey was actually an after thought that area was originally the tornado from Wizard of OZ but that made the segment too long according to the agreement between Disney and Turner.

caryrae
02-24-2009, 02:20 PM
I am 35/male.
I think a great classic movie that would be cool for the ride would be the original "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". Maybe the scene in the big room where everything is edible with the chocolate river.

Other movies that are classics to me I think would be cool are,

1- It's a Wonderful Life
2- Grease (for my wife, she loves loves loves this movie)
3- National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
4- A Chrismas Story
5- Star Wars (like others said)

Man why do I have Xmas on the mind?

Aggie97
02-24-2009, 02:22 PM
I don't think I would change any of the movies -- with the possible exception of the Tarzan scene -- but my husband and I really dislike the live action portion of the ride (cowboys/gangsters). We generally skip the ride because of it. I'd be pretty happy if they eliminated or significantly reworked it! We both are 32. :mickey:

Marker
02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Interesting, in other posts I have read a lot more complaints than I see suggestions. I'd think anyone with a complaint would have a suggestion to offer.

I don't have any complaints about The Great Movie Ride, but I even came up with some ideas.

Mousemates
02-25-2009, 02:51 PM
1) The Jazz Singer (1927)
2) Singin' In the Rain
3) Gone With The Wind
4) The Ten Commandments
6) Lord of the Rings
7) Star Wars
8) King Kong (original)
9) Casablanca
10) Fantasia
11) The Wizard of Oz
12) Theater Finale

IamBelle
02-25-2009, 04:56 PM

Keep them all the same (i love the nostalgic feeling of this ride)

caryrae
02-25-2009, 06:32 PM

Keep them all the same (i love the nostalgic feeling of this ride)

but you could still keep the nostalgic feeling by changing it up with other just as classic movies as the ones on the ride now, there are plenty out there.

LauraleeH
02-25-2009, 08:49 PM
I've always said I don't care what they take out, as long as they put It's A Wonderful Life in! My favorite movie ever. A Christmas Story would be my second choice. Or Halloween, I love Michael Meyers! But that may be too much for a Disney park...otherwise, keep it the same!

Lauralee - Female, 21

disneynarula
02-25-2009, 08:57 PM
I love it the way it is! It really represents a wide variety of movies that are still classics.

KevMcNJ
02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
43 years old

Add Its a wonderful Life.

No war movies. Wrong place for it

Keep Casablanca

Maybe add the 1972 version of Poseidon Adventure or Apollo 13 for Disaster/Adventure films.

substitute Tombstone for the Western genre

delete footlight Parade and Tarzan.