PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Question

Disney_Barbie
02-23-2009, 01:46 PM
This is our first DVC stay & it's only 3 nts. BUT we prob drink 3-4X the amount of coffee that a normal peson does. We'll probably make 2-3 pots a day.
I was working on my garden grocer order & considering what to do about coffee. I KNOW we'll drink up more than the "sample" or whatever they call it that arrives w/ the room. But it seems silly to order a whole can of coffee & a whole package of filters for just 3 days (less whatever pots we can make with our 'starer' coffee that comes in the room) Is there an easier way? I'm assuming you can buy coffee/filters at the "general store" but would I once again have to purchase a whole big can, or (this would be ideal) do they sell those coffee pouches for sale where the coffee comes all sealed into the filter? That would be great.

Oh, and lastly : we're in a studio, are there regular size coffee pots in there or small ones? AND do you mind refreshing me on studio kitchen, I think it has a fridge, micro & toaster, but can someone confirm for me?
THANKS!!!!

dolphinmickey9170
02-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Before you leave home, go to your locate grocer and purchase the Maxwell House coffee pods. They are prepacked coffee in it's own little filter. It takes two to make an 12 cup pot, for average flavor. If you want weaker or stronger, just adjust the amounts. I have not been able to find these pods at Garden Grocer, but our local walmart has them. They are easy and convenient and you will love them. We do!!

If you are crammed for space, take the pods from their original square container and place them in a ziploc bag releasing the air. They fit nicely in a suitcase and take almost no room.

gwfx1031
02-23-2009, 02:05 PM
The studio we had at OKW had a full size coffee maker along with a toaster, frdige and Micro.

When we went last month, we packed our favorite coffee and extra filters because we also did not need to buy as much as they offer at the store. It traveled well since we double bagged it.

Disney_Barbie
02-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Before you leave home, go to your locate grocer and purchase the Maxwell House coffee pods. They are prepacked coffee in it's own little filter.

Oh Great! Thanks! That's exactly the info I was looking for. That will make things much easier. THANKS!

Disney_Barbie
02-23-2009, 02:07 PM
The studio we had at OKW had a full size coffee maker along with a toaster, frdige and Micro.

Awsome! Thanks for the confirmation!

dolphinmickey9170
02-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Oh Great! Thanks! That's exactly the info I was looking for. That will make things much easier. THANKS!

You are quite welcome!!:cool:

Through the looking Glass
02-23-2009, 03:58 PM
We also 'aquire:secret:' extra sugars and powdered cream from our local WAWA or 7-11 and pack them in with the pods.

PlutoPlanet
02-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Last August we stayed in a studio at AKL that had a coffee maker. The "coffee pod" advice is very good.

BirdsOfPreyDave
03-15-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't know how fresh the last pots are going to taste by the time we get to the bottom of the can, but we've had some of the pods in our owner's locker since last summer. We'd make the coffee with the starter packs they'd leave after cleaning/T&T, so we're not going through it all that fast.

For us, a must-pack item was sweet & low. It's impossible to find at Disney, and it's the only thing my roommate likes in his coffee.

dolphinmickey9170
03-15-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't know how fresh the last pots are going to taste by the time we get to the bottom of the can, but we've had some of the pods in our owner's locker since last summer. We'd make the coffee with the starter packs they'd leave after cleaning/T&T, so we're not going through it all that fast.

We keep the pods in a ziploc plastic bag inside the box of pods. They have been fresh for over a year. I just checked the date to be sure they hadn't "expired."

dteed
03-15-2009, 10:09 PM

For us, a must-pack item was sweet & low. It's impossible to find at Disney, and it's the only thing my roommate likes in his coffee.

What is an owners locker?

BirdsOfPreyDave
03-16-2009, 06:57 AM
An owner's locker is a plastic container that you can rent and fill with things that you use on every vacation. The company picks it up from bell services at the end of your trip, and delivers it to have it there waiting for you when you arrive on your next trip.

Keasmom
03-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Be careful with the artificial sweetners in storage, they expire and turn odd colors after a few months even in a zippy bag. Also, expired or "turned" artificial sweetners can have nasty chemical changes that can cause diarhhea, and other nasty things that would interrupt a vacation.

Just a thought, but those may be items that need to be carried frresh each trip. Coffee stores great.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
03-17-2009, 12:18 AM
:mickey: We always pack along our Starbucks and filters - can't risk being without good coffee on vacation.