PDA

View Full Version : Pop ???

JenniferS.
02-23-2009, 06:57 AM
Ok, we have stayed at Pop twice now in a preferred room. Our current trip in May didn't have any available. We have 3 small children 2, 5, 5. Is there a building we can try to request that is closest to the bus/food court?? We have always stayed in the 50's building. Thanks!

tink179
02-23-2009, 09:12 AM
We just came back from the world in Jan and we got the 60's bldg. It super close to me and it's close enough that I would feel ripped off if I paid extra to stay in the preferred. I also feel that way about the 70's as well. I hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!:thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
02-23-2009, 09:21 AM
We stayed on the back side of the 60's. It was great. Pretty quiet, nice view of the lake, but still close to everything.

I would also suggest you request first floor. We like not having to do stairs at the end of a long day.

Charlee
02-23-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a question - what is defined as a preferred room? Does this just relate to location? When I booked our trip, we have been allocated a preferred room (have no idea why but we did get our trip as part of the offer Disney are offering in the UK so maybe it was part of that) so was just curious if this makes any difference. By the sound of it, it doesn't!

DisneyFr33k
02-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Ok, we have stayed at Pop twice now in a preferred room. Our current trip in May didn't have any available. We have 3 small children 2, 5, 5. Is there a building we can try to request that is closest to the bus/food court?? We have always stayed in the 50's building. Thanks!

Closest to the buses - I think the 90's is pretty close because you can walk around the main building to it. Anyone agree?

We too stayed in the 50's building and it is a long walk from the buses.

DisneyFr33k
02-23-2009, 10:06 AM
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a question - what is defined as a preferred room? Does this just relate to location? When I booked our trip, we have been allocated a preferred room (have no idea why but we did get our trip as part of the offer Disney are offering in the UK so maybe it was part of that) so was just curious if this makes any difference. By the sound of it, it doesn't!

It is supposed to give you a room on the lower level, facing the pool (I think) and closer to the food court. I agree, the 50's building isn't close to the buses at all!

LandFan
02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
We prefer the 70's big wheel building because it is really close to the busses and the food court. It doesn't have a pool in front of it but the 60's pool is REALLY close and the toddler play area with goofy is right next to the building.

PrettyMinnie
02-23-2009, 04:09 PM
When we stayed at POP, we stayed in the 50s building (the one furthest away) and I felt it is a long walk after a long day in the parks...and we don't even have little kids in the family! The 60s was much more convenient unless you are driving, then the 90s building is great! :thumbsup:

MirandaC
02-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Closest to the buses - I think the 90's is pretty close because you can walk around the main building to it. Anyone agree?

We too stayed in the 50's building and it is a long walk from the buses.

When looking at the map, the 70s building is closer to the buses and the food court than the 90s building.

DisneyFr33k
02-24-2009, 11:36 AM
When looking at the map, the 70s building is closer to the buses and the food court than the 90s building.

Thanks for correcting me! I don't have the map and was going on my memory - which isn't that reliable! ;)

AXOAlum
02-24-2009, 11:42 AM
On our last trip we didn't stay in a preferred room, but did request to have something closer without being in the preferred section. If you check in early, you are more likely to get your request. Ah, just 22 more days till we are back at the POP!

alliekat
02-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I just got back from Pop on Sunday. Are you sure you stayed in the 50's building in the past, because I am pretty sure that just the 60's is considered preferred location. Anyway after just walking around there last week I think you should reuest the 70's or 80's. They are not too far from the main building and unlike the 50's building they are closer to the bus. When you want to get to and from the bus instead of going through the main building you can walk around the side past the Rubik's cube or Big wheel to get there. I am looking at a map now and I would try for 70's ,first floor near the big wheel and facing the giant Foosball area, hope this helps.