PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Resort?

handmaidenofprincesses
02-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Okay... so if you had no limits on money, time etc: which Disney resort would you choose to stay at and why?

mouseketeer mom
02-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Polynesian, Tonga suite. I want to live there.

dream6
02-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Yacht Club! Easily my favorite resort :thumbsup: I love the location - between the Boardwalk, Epcot, and DHS, you really feel like you are in the center of it all. Also I love the theming! It's my Disney home :)

KatMark
02-22-2009, 09:01 PM
We would go to the AKL with a savannah view, but would end up returning to our favorite resort, the CSR.

gueli
02-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Polynesian, Tonga suite. I want to live there.

Oh I agree. :D
Love the poly. a suite ohhhh yeahhh !!!
:mickey:

scoot241
02-22-2009, 09:39 PM
I've always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. Tower room, MK view. That's been my ultimate room since I was little.

tink179
02-22-2009, 09:42 PM
I have never stayed at the Poly, but I've visited it and think it would be amazing to stay there! One day maybe!! :cloud9:

crazygoalie39
02-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Hmmmm...tough one. It would be between CR MK view or BWI with a view of the boardwalk, but I'd probably choose the CR. :mickey:

tadshome
02-22-2009, 10:08 PM
CR resort with MK view :cloud9:

TammiMcMan
02-22-2009, 10:09 PM
CR, in a suite on the top floor.

Ian
02-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Probably in the Presidential suite in either the Beach Club or the Boardwalk.

Or maybe in one of the Grand Villas somewhere.

mom2morgan
02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Polynesian! The view, the monorail, the gorgeous atmosphere...

#1donaldfan
02-23-2009, 11:28 AM
...no limits on money or time, we'd start off at the GF presidential suite for several days, then have them move our things over to the Poly, then CR, on and on till all the deluxe's are visited, from those we'd choose which one was the "best" and we'd finish off with an extended stay there.....or then I'd wake up at POR, our home away from home and be just as happy !!!:mickey:

goofysbabe
02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Easy Peasy!!! Contemporary - this is the hotel I remember from going as a little girl. I've always wanted to stay there. Since we are pretending - I think I'd do 2 weeks there and then a week at the Poly, just so I could be close to O'Hana for my DH:papple:

AmandaChan
02-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I would love to stay in Poly for once just because I have never gotten the chance too. I would also LOVE to stay in the mack daddy suite at Contemporary, which ever it might be. I bet it would be amazing.

PrettyMinnie
02-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Boardwalk love! :minnie:

ASweetLov
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
The Grand Floridian with a view of MK :)

PetefromRI
02-23-2009, 06:21 PM
As much as I love the Poly I always wanted to stay in the 2 level suites at the Boardwalk Inn.They have jaccuzis and there almost like your own little house with a picket fence.But I'd settle with the Poly and be very happy thank you.

Rogerwdwfan
02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Coronado Springs is where we love to stay.:cool: But the Poly would be great also.:mickey:

Wishmaker
02-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Come on people I am not hearing any reasons of why you would stay at these places.. Come on give me all the juicy details about these places. :mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
02-24-2009, 07:22 AM
Come on people I am not hearing any reasons of why you would stay at these places.. Come on give me all the juicy details about these places. :mickey:

Haha thanks for that Wishmaker... I'm more than happy to encourage pretending, but I want to know WHY such and such a place is more fabulous than the other... seeing as I have only ever been to Pop, I need help imagining the wonderfulness :mickey:

biodtl
02-26-2009, 01:41 PM
We would love to stay at WL, just because of the atmosphere, and the kids would love AK for the same reason. But I would probably go with Poly, for the monorail convenience.

joonyer
02-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Okay... so if you had no limits on money, time etc: which Disney resort would you choose to stay at and why?

Well heck, if my money and time were really unlimited, I'd choose to stay at least a week each at all 3 monorail resorts, plus another week at AKL, Beach Club, and a seven day Disney Cruise on each end of the trip! :D

DisneyorBust
02-27-2009, 07:57 AM
I would return with my family to the Polynesian.
This time we would stay in the King Kamehameha Suite in the Tonga Longhouse for at least 10 days. Why the King Kamehameha? It is the Suite that my oldest DD always wants to stay in! If I could, I would add the Consierge package.
Since details are in order for my choice of resorts: Location, MK view, lush tropical landscaping, music playing underwater in the Volcano pool, music playing along the pathways, watching WISHES from the beach (music included here too!) Monorail resort, able to walk easily to the TTC and take the Epcot monorail too! Very friendly staff!

yjgirl32
02-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I too would split my stay- a week at the Poly-(MK view of course) it looks so beautiful and it's a monorail resort. Plus I love anything to do with the beach. The other would be AK- because of my love for animals. I would love to be able to walk on my balcony and see a giraffe(2nd favorite animal) walk in the near distance of my room.

kemps@wdw
02-27-2009, 11:09 PM
No time or $ limit would mean that I could realize my REAL dream of staying at ALL of the WDW resorts at least once! Right now, my fave is the WL. I walk up to the front doors and they open slowly for me, welcoming me to my "disney home". The woodsy smells and soothing native american music that greets me lets me know that my magical journey has truly begun! I cannot help but stop and stare in amazement (again) at the cavernous, and beautifully decorated lobby that will soon lead me to the bubbling hot springs that run gently down to the majestic waterfall, trickling over the smooth rocks and eventually into the wonderful swimming "hole" complete w/a rock slide. And just beyond, a geyser sprays high into the air as if calling all from land and water to come to the WL. And if you want to see something truly incredible, be on the WL dock @ sunrise...the view is...:cloud9: (now, how's that for details?)

grumpydude
03-09-2009, 10:24 PM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:WL . The fireplace, Whispering canyon, the view, it feels like a warm blanket.

Tigerinvestigator
03-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Polynesian!!!!!

mickeymousedabomb
03-10-2009, 06:44 AM
So of all the great places Disney has for offered us to "live" while at the world, I think AKL is just amazing, the dark woods the theming all around, the animals ouside your balcony! Those treehouse villas look so cool too, but I think being a part of staying at the lodge would be my fantasy resort vaca, especially dring XMas with the gigantic tree and the smells of Boma!! AKL:number1:

Mickey91
03-10-2009, 08:47 AM
The Poly or Contemporary. I love the theming and relaxing nature of the Poly. And, there is just something to be said for walking out of your room and seeing Mickey and the gang at Chef Mickeys while a monorail goes by at the Contemporary.

That being said, if there were no money or time restraints I would spend two weeks and stay at both!:D

tinkerbelle75
03-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I think I would do a week each at the YC, WL, and AKL, then move on to a suite at the CR tower until they made me leave.:cloud9:(And since money is no object, I'd have them bring me a personal trainer to head off all the weight I would gain!):blush:

GoofyMom09
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Grand Floridian with MK view. I've always wanted to stay here because it is sooooo beautiful.

syndrome
03-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Grand Floridian, Sugarloaf Concierge
Stayed there 3 years ago and it was awesome!
I would love to stay in the main building at the GF as well.

threeh
03-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Tonga at the Polynesain for 10 nights or a 1 BR suite on the 14th floor at the CR. I've stayed in both and it was AWESOME!!!!!! The CR was only for a night (surprise upgrade) but the view was breath taking. I would also love to stay in a Grand Villa at the BWV.:cloud9:

PETE FROM NYC
03-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I am not a rich person.
I have stayed at CRB and POR when they were the cheapies. Since the values opened up, we have been at ASMu and ASMo.Next September we are booked ar POP.
Now, with all that being said, I would try a week at each other resort to find my favorite.I always wanted to do CR, but a friend told me the rooms are tiny. I think I would enjoy AKL, Poly or WL. GF always seems too snooty for my tastes. Besides, for us a room is merely a place to sleep, shower and change clothes.We do the parks from open to close.

Charlee
03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Money has always meant that I can only afford a value but my dream resort has to be the Poly. Its the location, the beach, the attention to detail and mainly the monorail!

I would love to be that close to the Magic Kingdom every morning as I woke up, be able to have an ADR for Ohana's character breakfast and not have to worry about the buses from Pop!

Everytime I walk around the resort, visit the Boutiki and see the amazing pool, I think one day I will stay here... :cloud9:

stitchaholic
03-10-2009, 04:08 PM
AKL,WL,poly and BC in that order,so 1 month off would be good.....:cloud9: