PDA

View Full Version : admission/tickets question for the experts

johnfunkwriter
02-22-2009, 04:58 PM
dearest experts,

where are the least expensive park admission tickets to be had?

i heard rumours that there might be better deals at the parks than online... any truth there?

we're planning a mid-may trip to the world... should we wait and get tickets on-site (any discounts looming on the horizon?)

thanks for your help,

j

sainter
02-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Are you planning for this May? There is the 7 for 4 package promotion going on now that includes tickets and may be a better deal for you depending on where you are interested in staying...

Other than packages, I have not heard of Disney offering deals on park tickets at the parks other than specific discounts such as Florida residents or maybe military.

There are some reputable online discount dealers such as Intercot sponsor The Official Ticket Center which offer a few dollars off.

Strmchsr
02-22-2009, 05:41 PM
It depends on how many days out you want. The Official Ticket Center that's an intercot sponsor has great deals for multi-day passes, but, whether at the park or online, the best deals come the more days you do. For just 1 or 2 days there really aren't good deals. And beware the online stuff. I know the Official Ticket Center is good, but there's a lot of scams out there, too.

joonyer
02-23-2009, 12:22 AM
I have not heard of any better deals than what you can get online. Especially buying at the parks, you are going to pay Disney's going rate. They are offering some specials for Fla. residents, but I don't think they're that great (lots of restrictions).
No matter which reputable online broker you use, you are only going to save a few dollars, not a lot, unless you are buying for a large party, the savings won;t amount to much.
Unless you are getting comp tickets, from a timeshare or something like that, BEWARE of any really cheap ticket offers you find. They are probably reselling partiallly used multi-day passes that you won't be able to use, or tickets that are completely used up or counterfeit.
I have purchased park passes online several times bit only from the Official Ticket Center (Intercot sponsor) or Undercover Tourist and there are both reputable, and are Disney authorized ticket sellers.

DizneyRox
02-23-2009, 09:06 AM
For the most part, tickets are tickets. Some of the reputable online discounters offer SLIM savings over Disney's price. But in the end, you're talking about a couple dollars per ticket.

ANything more than that and chances are it's too good to be true.

Also, for the most part, tickets DO NOT have a date on them. Buying tickets in January and using them in December is common, so there are no real seasonal (general public) discounts. There may be some military or Florida resident deals every now and then, but for John Smith, they are what they are.

Giggy
02-23-2009, 03:11 PM
There may be some military or Florida resident deals every now and then, but for John Smith, they are what they are.

I always thought Pocahontas would be able to get him a discount. :goof:

....sorry, bad joke.:blush:

Imagineer1981
02-23-2009, 03:21 PM
AAA also has discounted tickets

johnfunkwriter
02-26-2009, 07:38 AM
thanks!