PDA

View Full Version : We lost a dear friend of ours

Hull-onian
02-22-2009, 02:23 PM
My sister-in-law and I lost a dear friend last week. Her name was Leslie Feingold. She loved Disney like there was no other place else on earth. Leslie was a kindergarten teacher in Norwell, MA at the Vinal Elementary School for 35 years. She brought smiles and joy to so many people. She even taught Jeff Corwin of Animal Planet. We introduced Leslie to Disney World in 2004. She was happiest right there in the parks. Donald was her favorite character. This past Christmas Leslie got to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and rode out on a boat to Illuminations. We were all blessed to know Leslie. A Garden Hope was planted for her last year. Her nurse at Dana Farber Cancer Institue helped with the garden. Please say a prayer in her memory. We all loved Leslie very much.:flower:

Disneyatic
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I am very sorry for your loss.
How wonderful that she got to do the Disney extras and add some more magic to her life on Earth.
We will keep you all in our prayers.

SBETigg
02-22-2009, 03:18 PM
What a beautiful tribute to Leslie. I'll say a prayer. Thank you for sharing, and I'm sorry for your loss.

ElenitaB
02-22-2009, 03:53 PM
She'll be in our prayers. Thank you for sharing!

Checkers
02-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Prayers for Leslie and for you and all her friends. It sounds like she was a terrific person.

pianobabe
02-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I am so sorry for all your difficulties this week. I'm sending prayers out to Leslie's family and all of her friends.

merlinmagic4
02-22-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry :( How wonderful that you introduced her to the joy of Disney, though.

RedSoxFan
02-22-2009, 04:37 PM
So sorry to hear the loss of your dear friend. :(

Hull-onian
02-22-2009, 04:50 PM
P.S. I forgot to tell you that last year I arranged through Barber Foods in Maine for Leslie to meet Jonathon Paplebon of the Boston Red Sox and Jonathon's Mom, Dad, and twin brothers at a luncheon. It was great. Jonathon was her favorite Red Sox Player.

Again, thank you for your condolences.

beksy
02-22-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss but it sounds like you did many special things to make her life enjoyable. I'll be praying for you. :pixie:

murphy1
02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm so sorry for your terrible loss! What a special friend you were to her. I have lost people that I was close to, as we almost all have, and hang on to the fact that I will see them again one day :)

Hull-onian
02-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Yes, we always pray that we will see our family friends again someday. Thank you all for you kindness and nice words. It makes it easier to know that there a great friends who make this life better.:hug:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
My sympathies on the loss of your good friend. It sounds like you took very good care of her and made her remaining time on this earth a very special time.