PDA

View Full Version : June Hours and EMH's

Dream'nDisney
02-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Anyone know when they might post June hours and EMH's? Thanks

Mom2princesses
02-22-2009, 02:03 PM
I have heard the hours for June will be posted in March. Hopefully March 1st. We are also heading out in June.

JPL
02-22-2009, 05:10 PM
I am waiting for June Hours as well. I would guess around March since that is 90 Day ADR mark.

doodleboy
02-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Do you think that WDW has been slow to release park hours because they are not as sure of bookings as they have been in the past? I am sure that they were able to count on historical data being more accurate when they were consistently getting busier. But now I think they are waiting as long as they can so that they can plan hours around actual bookings rather than estimates.

Dream'nDisney
02-23-2009, 09:06 AM
I also hope it is by March 1st. We base some of our ADR's around EMH's. :mickey:

Disney_Barbie
02-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Do you think that WDW has been slow to release park hours because they are not as sure of bookings as they have been in the past? I am sure that they were able to count on historical data being more accurate when they were consistently getting busier. But now I think they are waiting as long as they can so that they can plan hours around actual bookings rather than estimates.

I agree, that's probably why, but gosh, I wish they would get a move on. Last year, Aug park hrs were released on Feb 1 but the way things are currently going, I'll be lucky if they're releasd by May 1. I TOTALLY understand that money is tight (even for WDW) But some of us have already plopped down our hard earned money for an upcoming disney vacation, and it makes it hard to plan/get excited/book ADRs when we're not finding out park hrs until LAST min. Sorry, I don't mean to complain, I'm just getting antsy waiting!!!

Charlee
02-23-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm finding waiting for park hours annoying as all of our previous June trips, I have been able to plan ADR's and days in the parks round EMH 6 months before!

I understand Disney are probably waiting to see the number of bookings and many people may be taking advantage of deals and offers later than usual because of the economic situation but I want to be able to plan!

doodleboy
02-23-2009, 11:00 AM
I understand Disney are probably waiting to see the number of bookings and many people may be taking advantage of deals and offers later than usual because of the economic situation but I want to be able to plan!

I think you hit the nail on the head. I think that people are still making the trip, but are waiting until last minute to take advantage of deals because they can. In years past if you waited 90 days out to plan your WDW trip, you may not be able to make it work. I also think that folks are waiting till last miniute to make sure they haven't lost their jobs by the time the trip comes up.

The parks still seem to be crowded from all of the trip reports I have read. Although, I have noticed that park hours for our trip in May are shorter than normal for that time period. So WDW must be anticipating lighter turnout. I guess we won't know until we get there.

Stu29573
02-23-2009, 11:04 AM
I sure with they would release them SOON! I need to plan my dining ressies for Mid -June! I'm already behind the curve! I know I can "park hop" over to anywhere I want, but I like being in the right park that day. At least I'm not planning any character dining experiences this trip....

beksy
02-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I sympathize with you all. I was waiting for May hours from the six month mark and they were finally released a little after the three month mark. I have to plan so the waiting was horrible--I think my computer learned to automatically go to the site and check when I turned it on! Hopefully June will be released soon.

ldc12377
02-23-2009, 01:58 PM
DIsney's current policy on releasing hours is this:
On the first of each month, the new hours will be released and the months that will be available will be the current month plus the next three....Sounds confusing I know but it really isn't....

Example:

On March 1, Disney will release the hours for June so the hours that will be available will be for the months of March (the current month), April, May, and June(the next three).

On April 1, Disney will release the hours for July so the hours available will be for the months of April, May, June and July.

And so on and so on...

Hope that helps and I didn't confuse anyone too much!!!

doodleboy
02-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Is this policy new or just newly being put into practice, because it has not been the case in the recent past.

Beast_fanatic
02-23-2009, 04:48 PM
It is a new policy. It is in response to complaints over them not releasing the hours in time for people that are travelling at the beginning of a month to see the hours before their 90 day ADR window opens.

Carol
02-28-2009, 12:07 PM
June hours, events and Extra Magic dates are available via the info central tab up above.

PirateLover
02-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Why are there no Magic Kingdom hours for June 24th? Is something going on?

Carol
02-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Magic Kingdom is open for 9-10 on June 24th.

PirateLover
02-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Magic Kingdom is open for 9-10 on June 24th.

Thanks, I could've sworn when I checked that the 24th was left out.:blush: