PDA

View Full Version : New DVCers--How hard to book?

ATLMouse
02-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Hello!
We just found out WDW waived ROFR and we will own a small hunk of SSR!! We are both teachers,love Dis and have lots of flex as to when we travel. :mickey:

So, we are wondering, once we close and try to book, how difficult is the whole booking thing? We will be quite flexible as to the resort, as it seems, based on info posted here, that each is wonderful in its own way, and are hoping for a week at WDW and a week at Vero, too.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

ATLMouse

DVC Mike
02-22-2009, 10:01 AM
SSR is one of the easiest resorts to book, so you shouldn't have any problems booking it.

For other resorts, make sure you call exactly 7 months in advance of your check-in date.

greengeen
02-22-2009, 10:13 AM
We just bought in August '08. We had 160 AKV points and 160 SSR "developer" points to use. We live in Florida so we make frequent short (2-3 day) trips. So far we have gotten everything we've asked for, although for one short notice stay we had to call three times over a week's period to get an opening. We had a stay in October '08, two in January '09, and we have reservations for May '09, Sep '09, and Dec '09.

TennesseeTink
02-22-2009, 11:11 AM
So far I haven't had any trouble booking. We closed on AKL in August 08 and immediately we were able to book 5 nights at SSR for Sept 08 and 4 nights in Jan 09, also SSR. We also have booked AKL and BCV for late May/early June 09, AKL for Oct 09, and AKL for 7 nights in Dec 09 including Christmas. Other than the 2 SSR stays which were past the 7 month window, I booked everything the first day I was able; AKL 11 months out and BCV 7 months out.

I have heard that BCV can be a hard one so we were really tickled to get just what we wanted, especially since we're travelling at a time when alot of schools are out already.