PDA

View Full Version : Feeling left out

tjstrike
02-22-2009, 01:59 AM
All these specials that Disney is running but nothing for the dvc'ers (other than the annual pass). Yes, I understand I don't have to use my dvc points and could just get the special but we pay $400.00 dollars a month for the dvc so it makes it tight to not use the points and pay $3000 - 4000 on top of what we already pay !! Why can't Disney run some specials for the other half of their clientell that's filling their pockets ? :beat:

BMan62
02-22-2009, 06:35 AM
They've got you locked in and are already getting your money, why would they want to give you a break? :thedolls: Sorry, they need new money in the resorts and parks.

Corporate mentality is that once you get the fish on the hook, you don't need any more bait. You're paying $400 a month ($4800 for the year) for something you may not even use this year.

Just think of what other vacationing you could be doing for that price. DW and I could take two seven night trips, stay at Pop Century, get MYW + PH + WPF + DDP, get plane fare (SW,) and still have money left over for souvies for $4800!

DizneyRox
02-22-2009, 07:03 AM
^^ What they said.

You are already in, they know that, they count on that. These deals are meant to ge tthe folks who haven't committed to a Disney vacation this year.

Why do you think most businesses ask when you call, If you are a new customer, press 1, if you are an existing customer, press 2 and hold on the line. You go into a different queue (maybe steffed by the same people) where new sales get a higher priority.

lockedoutlogic
02-22-2009, 07:45 AM
The other thing is that DVC owners are supposed to be their most experienced, loyal, and....frankly...wealthier.....clientele.

Disney's philosophy is that since you bought a "piece of the magic"....then you are essentially onboard with all of Disney's decisions, highs, and lows....so not only is there no need to cut you deals...it might be borderline inappropriate from the beancounters perspective.

The only communication that any of us are likely to hear in our lifetimes are repeated attempts to get you to drop another 20,000 on a new contract......and if you're lucky....get a gift card or a 1,000 dollar crib for it.

Membership is truly magical:mickey:

hlkeck
02-22-2009, 08:19 AM
While yes I agree that there are some good deals going on - I have to say (as a business owner who has a really great deal for my best customers)...we're already getting pretty much the best deal there is being a DVC owner. I figured it out that for the money I paid over 50 years of vacations, I'm paying $75/night to stay at a DELUXE resort.

There are NO deals out there better than that. It's been nice that they now offer the dining plan. And there are discounts along the way.

If I'm giving my best customers the very best price I can give - why isn't that enough? We bought in for a great discount for 50 years. I don't believe they owe me anything in addition to that. :mickey:

Mfarquar
02-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Don't forget...

If they offer free dining this fall, in the past they've allowed DVC members to take part in it.

You just need to purchase at least a 1 day ticket for each member in your party.

Plus, don't you already get discounts on certain stores (maybe some restaurants) and spa treatments? :mickey:

hlkeck
02-22-2009, 08:40 AM
They did not allow us to participate in free dining in 09/08...but we also had APs. But when I called - I don't think that was even offered to me. They just said no. So, we paid for it.

Let me know how that works and I'll consider another trip during that time. :thumbsup:

wendy*darling
02-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Don't forget...

If they offer free dining this fall, in the past they've allowed DVC members to take part in it.

You just need to purchase at least a 1 day ticket for each member in your party.

Not true, unfortunately.

DVC members can get free dining, ONLY if you do like everyone else- pay rack rate and do the package.
AP holders no longer have to purchase the 1-day Pass.

But, if you are staying on points- NO FREE DINING for you. Never has been offered and I doubt it ever will.