PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris!

battle beast
02-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Well, it's official. I am going to Disneyland Paris! I am stoked!!! :woohoo::dale::chip:

Does anyone have any tips about the parks over in France? What about Paris itself?

Thanks!

tadshome
02-22-2009, 05:21 AM
Disneyland Paris is great, you will have a good time:mickey:

There are only the two parks in Paris but they do have most of the good rides with the tower of terror opening last year.

What sort of things would you like information about?

battle beast
02-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Anything you could tell me... some secrets, fun things, things to do in Paris, places to eat, what ever... what ever you can!

:thanks:

tadshome
02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Where do I start?

POTC in Paris has two drops and on the second drop it takes your photograph.

Space Mountain is really wild and loops the loop.

Hotel Sequoia Lodge has a beautiful open fire in the bar and it is lovely to have a drink and watch the fire at the end of the day.

There is a static hot air balloon called Panoramique (I think) and the views of Paris are amazing.

Outside the hotel New York there is an iceskating rink (in winter and spring) and it is great at nightime skating along with the music.

In Paris - There are many wonderful restaurants along the riverbanks and maybe enjoy a moonlight boat cruise along the Seine.

If you have time go to view the Notre Dame as the architecture is beautiful.

These are just a few of many... If you would like more please let me know, and have a great time :mickey::cloud9:

Aggie97
02-23-2009, 11:13 PM
How exciting!

We had a great time at Disneyland Paris in April 2003. We really enjoyed our stayed at the Newport Bay Club and got a fantastic package deal that included room, tickets and breakfast at the hotel.

Definitely be prepared for changing weather! It snowed on us while we were there.

We have been lucky to visit Paris several times, and it is absolutely wonderful. I will send you a PM that includes Paris suggestions and tips I put together for some friends. :thumbsup:

Have a great trip! :mickey:

LauraleeH
02-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Ok, please tell me you know how incredibly lucky/blessed you are!!! I've always wanted to go to Paris, you have no idea...

Have a wonderful time!!

DixieBelle
02-24-2009, 08:22 AM
I am so Jealous!!
I hope you have a great time!...:number1:
We will be looking forward to trip reports!
:mickey:

battle beast
02-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Well, I am quite broke right now...:( However, I did scrimp and save to make the trip.

Anyway, I really hope the weather is nice... I am sure we will have a great time and yes of course I will post a trip report!

After having been to Disneyland seven times, and WDW twice, I thought DLP was the next one to go to. My friends and I are planning to go to TDL next, but who knows when, right? :thumbsup:

Thanks, everyone!

battle beast
02-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Pirates has pictures? Can you buy them?:confused:

I can't wait... 47 days... my first time overseas... Woot!

PrettyMinnie
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Congrats!! That is so exciting!:minnie:

tomatoe pie
02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
i just finished making my reservations for 5 nights at the disneyland hotel. i am so excited. i have never been to paris, so this is a special wish coming true.

the rules have changed and the room no longer includes park passes:( and you are required to purchase length of stay passes. but the number of dvc pts has been cut in half. therefor, the savings at $10.00 pr pt. is much greater than the cost of the passes.:)

with the cut in number of pts..........we were able to have 2 rooms instead of 1:thumbsup:

please give any special hints about good places to eat at dlp.:eat:

battle beast
02-27-2009, 11:32 AM
When are you going, IIf I may ask?:confused:

handmaidenofprincesses
02-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Félicitations! I am very jealous!! Take lots of photos and tell us all about it when you get back, ok? Amusez-vous bien!

battle beast
02-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Don't worry, I will! I plans to rack up some post on this message board! :D :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
02-28-2009, 11:15 PM
:congrats:

battle beast
03-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks again! :mickey:

battle beast
03-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I actually got My Euros, which was expensive; :(

$1.60 Canadian gave me 1 Euro.

So, I got 600 Euros for about $1,000 Canadian.

Likewise, $1.25 would get you 1 Euro.

:chip:I am bouncing off the walls!:dale:

So, I am ready and rarein' to go!!! :D

mom2morgan
03-02-2009, 09:16 PM
I have a friend who lives in Paris, and she says that Disney there is different than here....I'd be interested in hearing what you think when you get back. She said Europeans just aren't as "into" Disney so the parks aren't very crowded (I guess that is a good thing!) but she felt it doesn't have the same hype and excitement. But even if that's true, who cares? You're still in PARIS ;-)

battle beast
03-03-2009, 01:41 AM
She said Europeans just aren't as "into" Disney so the parks aren't very crowded...

Well, from what I`ve read and heard, the parks do get crowded (day tripper from Paris); combine that with what you said, and I really now don`t know what to expect. :confused:

We`ll see in 40 days! :mickey: :chip: