PDA

View Full Version : September?

ASweetLov
02-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Might be going to WDW sometime in September. YAY!!!!

How are the crowds in September?
What is the average temperature?

Thanks!

PetefromRI
02-21-2009, 08:36 PM
We went this past September over Labor Day and the weather was nice and hot,mid eighty's to low ninety's.We didn't run into to much rain but we were contantly checking the weather for hurricanes,there were a few floating around in the Atlantic but we made it through with no troubles.Low crowds because the kiddies were back in school but we still prefer early May.

scoot241
02-21-2009, 09:03 PM
We are going labor day week this year. I expect it to be hot but we'll just have to manage that with breaks in the afternoon.

Strmchsr
02-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Check the historic weather conditions page in Info Central for exact data for the last 5 years on the dates you're looking at. That'll give you a good idea as to what to expect. As Pete mentioned, September is peak hurricane season. WDW isn't closed very often due to hurricanes (I think it's only happened 5 times in the entire history of the parks) so it's not a huge risk, but if it makes you nervous you might look at another time.

As for crowds, not horrible at all, but they have definitely increased in recent years and seem to be picking up steam due to the popularity of the "free" dining promotion. However, even though the crowds aren't all that bad, the restaurants are NUTS. Everyone visiting is on the DDP so it's crazy trying to get an ADR.

Like every time of the year there are definitely benefits and low points. You just have to decide what's worth it to you.

CaptSmee
02-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Sept. is 1 of the slowest times of the year, but WDW has made it more popular with their free dining promotion that they have been running the last few years. It's also the tail end of hurricane season so that could possibly affect your visit as well.

Seasonscraps
02-21-2009, 10:27 PM
We visited Disney 4 times in mid Sept. The weather is still pretty hot & humid. The park crowds were managable - I think we only fast passed Soarin and Expedition Everest. But the restaurants are crazy busy because of the free dining promotion - you need to make adrs if there's a similar promotion this year. You may also be able to catch the Halloween party - that's a lot of fun.

devoted93
02-22-2009, 01:59 AM
I've gone, I think, every September since 2002 (except 2003) and have always loved it. As has been said above, it's busier than it used to be these days but that's still very manageable. Walk-on for most rides, short waits for a couple others. Expect lines at Soarin' regardless.

Weather is off and on for the most part. Usually it's pretty darn hot, at least for this Illinoisian, with at least one or two days of rain. And when I say rain, I mean RAAAAAIIIN. Soak you to the bone, can't stay outside for more than a minute, can't see because it's soaking my eyes thunder storms. I had to leave a day early in 2004 due to a coming hurricane, but aside from that have never dealt with hurricanes in any way.

But obviously, since I go there every September that hasn't been bad enough to stop me!

kathiep
02-22-2009, 09:31 AM
We've been going in September for the last 4 years. As other posters have said, be sure to make your ADR's. We've seen places that usually accomodate walk ups without a problem, turn people away. The restaurants are busy but that being said, we haven't really run into a problem with service or waiting to be seated.

The weather is hot and humid. But by the evenings, it's more comfortable. We've been lucky with rain. We haven't hit a consistent rain problem just some passing storms but during that passing, it came down hard.

gueli
02-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I love sept at WDW.
It is still hot, sometimes unbearably so, but I still like it. After Labor day the parks get quieter, generally there are not to many tour groups or school trips. Because most kids have just returned to school, the kids there tend to be pre-school aged.
Definatly get your ADR's early.
As far as hurricanes- do get trip insurance- just in case.
Have fun, good luck.
:mickey:

DisneyHoneymooners
02-23-2009, 09:12 AM
We go the last week of Sept every year and love it. The weather is hot but everything has AC, so we don't mind. The only 2 drawbacks for us our the hurricane potential and the love bugs:(.

devoted93
02-23-2009, 06:49 PM
I've seen my fair share of love bugs, but haven't ever had any issues with them. I see more of them at my brother's house in Celebration than I've ever seen in the parks. Same with those tiny little lizards.

TheVBs
02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
We love going in Sept. That would be our first choice, if we could choose. When we went in 2007 it was pretty hot, but it didn't bother us. Never had hurricane problems (knock wood). And I don't even know what a love bug is, so I guess we've never seen any. :)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-24-2009, 08:04 PM
We went the middle to end of Sept last year and it wasn't too bad. It was still warm but not like we are used to in July. And I think we had less rain than we do in the summer.
The crowds were more managable too. But with the free dining the restaurants were usually booked way in advance.
The more popular rides still had wait times. Get fass passes for TSM, EE and Soarin as quickly as possible.