PDA

View Full Version : Any diabetic desserts at the buffets?

PETE FROM NYC
02-21-2009, 07:07 PM
SUGAR FREE
My two favorite words in the English language.
I was just checking out the menu pages, trying to figure out where to eat in September. DW and I both enjoy the buffets for breakfast, now she want to do some buffet lunches and dinners. I did not see anything sugar free listed on the menus. We are both diabetic.

dfamasb
02-21-2009, 07:35 PM
We ate at several buffets during our February trip and I think every one of them had a "no sugar added" dessert choice. Fruit was always an option too.

disneydeb
02-22-2009, 12:27 PM
When making choices from buffets, choose mostly meat, fish, salads (not pasta based) vegetables and unsweetened berries and nuts.

javamama
02-26-2009, 12:24 AM
I only remember seeing no sugar added desserts
at Chef Mickey's(we had dinner there last year)

Gooftroop5
03-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Tell your server that you need a diabetic dessert. My mom told the waitress at Biergarten in Germany. (yes i mention this in your ? about sugar free smoothies) They brought out my dad a piece of sugar free cheesecake. My dad let my mom & i try it. It tasted like the one my mom & I make at home. looked exactly like it too. Except ours isn't sugar free. They had another choice too but I forgot what it was. She even asked my dad if he wanted another piece. He said no he was already full.

Basically it might not be out there for the public to view but they probably have something the waitress can get you. All you have to do is ask. :)

OT I notice in your sig you are going to try driving. We do it from upsate NY every time we go. I have been 7 times before this year. So with this years trip it will be 8 times. We actually like the drive.

lockedoutlogic
03-11-2009, 03:42 PM
SUGAR FREE
My two favorite words in the English language.
I was just checking out the menu pages, trying to figure out where to eat in September. DW and I both enjoy the buffets for breakfast, now she want to do some buffet lunches and dinners. I did not see anything sugar free listed on the menus. We are both diabetic.

I'm still unsure as to what a "diabetic dessert" is....

DIabetes can be controlled within a tight window these days......meter technology, pumps, and advanced humilin have made it a very exacting science in many ways

Keasmom
03-13-2009, 04:32 PM
I did notice the "No Sugar added" items and you can read the menus online to make sure they have something for everyone in your party. All Easrs has a very comprehensive menus section and is a great resource for those. If you are not sure, call the Disney Dining folks, they will answer any questions.

I liked having some low or no calorie options, I do not like to load up on heavy foods all the time. I think several of the kiosks have diabetic or low sugar treats as well.