PDA

View Full Version : President's Week UPGRADE - Times 3!

Maleficent's Dad
02-21-2009, 05:22 PM
In August, my family got a four night upgrade from a Studio to a 1 BR. Was the first time I'd ever even heard of a DVC upgrade, never mind receiving one!

Well, this past week - President's Week, one of the busiest weeks of the year at WDW, my family topped it with yet another DVC upgrade.

We had three reservations for studios (family wedding event in the area). My parents were to be in one, my family in another, and my brother and his wife in the third.

Each one of us was upgraded to a 1BR. That's three upgrades from studios to 1BR's!!!

I don't know what I've done to be so lucky with DVC, but this was really great - and completely unexpected. The check-in people never told us the accomodations we were getting, we just went to the rooms and voila! Upgrades!

It was such a welcomed thing too, as my immediate family usually chooses 1BR accomodations, and we had the kids prepared for a studio. They were as happy as mom & dad!

BTW, I have nothing but good things to say about SSR - much to my surprise and delight. But that will be another post. I just got back from that magical place and am too exhausted to post all my reflections of SSR.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
That is such nice news! Must have made the trip all that more magical :mickey:

Tinkermom
02-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Awesome! :thumbsup: We too got upgraded once at BWV from a studio to a 1 bdrm. We now only get a 2bdrm since our kids are older (there are 5 of us) so I think upgrades are a thing of the past for us as all they could upgrade us to is a GV. ;)