PDA

View Full Version : We Did the "Birthday Fastpass" this Week

Maleficent's Dad
02-21-2009, 03:22 PM
For those of you like me - whose family has an AP, and kids don't need any more of the Disney stuff/junk, the FP option is there. It's a good option, albeit not great. Costs Disney nothing!

Here's the deal - before entering the park, you have to go to the "Will Call" window outside of the park. There, you will need all the park passes for any of the guests of the birthday celebrant (you can get a total of six b'day fastpasses - 1 for the celebrant, and then up to 5 guests). You must have all the park passes in order to proceed. Don't think that just mom or dad can show up with junior and get the things - this is what I did. Everyone else was already in the park, and I had to call them back out.

Once you get it all done at the Will Call Window, it's great; they've basically broken up the parks FP rides into "Group A" and "Group B." In EPCOT and DHS, there are three rides for group A, and three for group B. Each person gets FOUR FP's from each group. It's a great convenience. So yes, you can do something like ride TSM 4 times in a row, or ride it three times and then TOT. Any combination works.

DHS:
Group A: TSM, TOT, RNRC
Group B: Lights, MA Stunt, Little Mermaid, Star Tours

EPCOT:
Group A: Soarin', TT, MS
Group B: HISTA, Maelstrom, Living w/Land

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
02-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Thank you! That was very helpful and well explained.:party:

big blue and hairy
02-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Oh, that's cool. I was afraid it was fastpasses for the birthday person, only. I was thinking well, that's useless. Fortunately, I was mistaken.

:sulley:

MickeyMousse
02-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Wish I had known about this when we were there 2 weeks ago, when we were celebrating DS12's bday!

CaptSmee
02-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I thought the $70 fun card that my sister got was much better than the fastpass. We used it to get a sweatshirt, t-shirt, 2 watches, 5 pins, a mug, and a CD. All for just coming to WDW on her birthday!

DVC Mike
02-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Cool! I'm still debating the FP vs Gift Card for our visit in 2 weeks.

LoriMistress
02-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Thank you for that tip! I'm going to use Group A when I go to DLR this year (hopefully).

Dream'nDisney
02-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I know it doesn't cost Disney anything, but since we will be going in June when the parks are really busy, I think it will be worth more to us to have the Fastpasses than $70 worth of merchandise. It should save us hours of time so that we can do something we want to do! :mickey:

InLikeSin
02-23-2009, 02:32 PM
I also got to use the birthday fastpasses when we were there last week. We chose fastpasses because we were there during such a busy time (President's Day week) and because we already received a 200 gift card with our booking. We were at Epcot that day. It was explained to us we could chose 2 from each group, we could not use all 4 in one group. Group A: Soarin & Test Track ... Group B: Malstrom, Living With the Land, Mission Space, & HISTA The great thing was that even later in the afternoon when fastpasses were gone there was one always left open with a birthday fastpass sign on it so they were available to us all day. Using this in combination with our fastpasses available with our regular tickets we were able to ride all the big attractions several times with no wait.

c&d
02-23-2009, 02:34 PM
We got the fastpasses for DH's birthday in January. We used them Toy Story Mania. It was great, the shortest wait time we saw was 60 minutes. Also the FP's were gone by about 11:00am.

KAJUNKING
02-23-2009, 02:57 PM
i think if you are there during a busy time the fp is a better option over the gift card but in sept when we go i would take the gift card

TwinsMom-1st Timer
02-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Okay, first post here and first time ever to WDW, so be gentle with me. :mickey: My twins will turn 8 there when we go in June. Thinking of Chef Mickeys for late breakfast and hitting MK for the day. Does anyone know what FP are available for MK? Any insight would be appreciated!

Imagineer1981
02-23-2009, 03:25 PM
So I get 4 from Group A and 4 for Group B? So if I do MS and TT 2 times each, I can then go to HISTA and Living with the land and do them each 2 times also? Or is it 2 per group, two at Group A and 2 at Group B. Also can you park hop with it?

InLikeSin
02-23-2009, 06:43 PM
It is a total of four for each person, 2 in group A and 2 in group B. It has to be used in one park.

Maleficent's Dad
02-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Does anyone know what FP are available for MK?
The FP's are available at the MK, but I do not know for certain which rides would fall into "A" and "B." I could *assume* that "A" would be SM, Splash, BTMRR, while "B" would be Pan, Mickey's Phil., and Pooh. But keep in mind, those are COMPLETE conjecture on my part.

So I get 4 from Group A and 4 for Group B? So if I do MS and TT 2 times each, I can then go to HISTA and Living with the land and do them each 2 times also? Or is it 2 per group, two at Group A and 2 at Group B. Also can you park hop with it?
For us (and our neighbors) it was 4 from group A and four from group B - so a total of 8 FP's all together. I guess they've been "refining" it as I've read several different reports than what we experienced.

NO - you cannot park hop with the Birthday FastPasses. :nono:
Like I said, it's not the best option they could offer, but it's still something! :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
02-23-2009, 06:46 PM
It is a total of four for each person, 2 in group A and 2 in group B. It has to be used in one park.
This was not the case for us.
We had 4 from group A and 4 FP's from group B.

I do think they are really working out the "kinks" still, however. :mickey:

Imagineer1981
02-24-2009, 12:06 PM
wow...confusing.

People have enough trouble with figuring out how to just get a normal FastPass. How much confusion is this causing with group a and group b and so on? If we are confused on the board, imagine the normal guest!!! wow

wire0monkey
02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
It's the return of the E ticket system!

gaffz70
02-25-2009, 06:35 AM
I'm so glad that u posted this b/c I did not realize that u could only use them in 1 park...Another ? (and I think this might make me change my whole itinerary)
Do you have to get the FP's on the actual B-day? My sons b-day is going to be on the first day we arrive, wasn't necessarily planning on spending a lot of time at the parks that day

Maleficent's Dad
02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Do you have to get the FP's on the actual B-day? My sons b-day is going to be on the first day we arrive, wasn't necessarily planning on spending a lot of time at the parks that day
Yes - you have to use it ONLY on the actual birthday.
And YES - it's good for only the ONE park you register at.

PrettyMinnie
02-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the information!

tjstrike
02-26-2009, 03:18 AM
What kind of ID do you have to show to get these ? Most children don't have picture ID's.

Maleficent's Dad
02-26-2009, 06:41 AM
What kind of ID do you have to show to get these ? Most children don't have picture ID's.
We had brought our child's passport.
But a birth certificiate will do.

They did ask us for the parent's ID!

princessesmom
02-27-2009, 08:54 PM
We were at MK this past Monday for my son's 8'th bithday and used the birthday fastpasses. I wish I still had the sheet they gave us with the exact breakdown of rides. I believe the A group contained SM, Splash Mtn, BTMRR, and Pooh, and Peter Pan. Group B was Buzz, Stitch, Philharmagic, Jungle Cruise. I think I have that right. There were six of us and we each got a card of our own. We could pick 4 rides from each group, for a total of 8 rides. The CM told us we could ride the same ride 4 times from a group if we wanted to do that. We headed over to Epcot later in the day and tried to use them there since we had only used 5 rides, but they didn't work. Which wasn't surprise. These probably work best if you're staying in the same park all day, so you can use all 8 fast passes. In spite of that it worked out great for us.

And in answer to an earlier question, you can only use the fast passes on the birthday. And you must have the registration and proof of the birth date with you.

disneymama09
02-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Thank you for sharing, considering this option on our birthdays as well.:party: