PDA

View Full Version : How are crowds on the end of June?

JoDisney
02-21-2009, 09:52 AM
How are the crowds typically - June 30 to July 5? I know July 4th will be very crowded, but was wondering about the time before the 4th. We do not go to Disney in the Summer, except in early June when the kids get out of school. I would like to hear from people that go regularly in the Summer and get feedback from them. Is there a difference in the crowds when you consider late June/early July vs the 2nd week of June? Thanks.

Mousemates
02-21-2009, 10:08 AM
We've done a few late june trips through the years (last time was last year) and the parks were rather busy....but for us the crowds aren't the big problem in late june or early july...its the heat and humidity. (Its ene thing to stand in line for dumbo for 45 minutes at 78 degrees in December, another thing to do it at 92 degrees in July.

So my advice is if you go then be very careful about making sure you hydrate well and your kids do the same. Also plan your day well (i.e. hits things like Mickey's Philharmagic during the afternoon or eating an earlier dinner) to avoid being out in the hottest part of the day. for the same reasons)

JoDisney
02-21-2009, 10:27 AM
We are from Florida which is why we avoided going in the Summer. Now, we are probably only going to go in the Summer for a variety of reasons. We may sneak in a Halloween Party or Christmas Party. I am really trying to decide if it makes that much difference going the 2nd week of June vs. the end of June.

sisterdisco
02-21-2009, 06:20 PM
You can google search Disney Crowd Calendar, and there is estimates of the crowds. Normally, I don't think that there is much difference in the Summer until the last week of August, but w/ the economy, I bet that the crowds (any week) will be significantly smaller than past years

PrettyMinnie
02-21-2009, 07:49 PM
You can google search Disney Crowd Calendar, and there is estimates of the crowds. Normally, I don't think that there is much difference in the Summer until the last week of August, but w/ the economy, I bet that the crowds (any week) will be significantly smaller than past years

That is extremely helpful!! Thanks! :minnie:

KevMcNJ
02-21-2009, 07:50 PM
how are crowds @ WDW in late June?

hot, sweaty, smelly ;)

Mom2princesses
02-23-2009, 09:39 PM
how are crowds @ WDW in late June?

hot, sweaty, smelly ;)

LOL sounds just like August Crowds!