PDA

View Full Version : New Parade?

jelloarms
02-21-2009, 02:20 AM
I was looking at youtube and there was a video of some new Street Party Parade at MK.

Is that really the replacement for DDCT? It seems like a step down...why would Disney put out something like that?

Strmchsr
02-21-2009, 07:46 AM
I think what you saw was the Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party, which, is different than the Celebrate Dreams Come True parade. The CDCT parade is the new version of the Dreams Come True. The other is something additional. I guess WDW is trying to be more "hip."

The Street Party is replacing the Family Fun Day Parade, so I guess it's a step up from that as it has actual floats and such, but I'm not a big fan of the Block Party Bash at DHS, and this doesn't look much better. I believe this short entertainment option runs 3 times a day.

alliekat
02-22-2009, 07:27 PM
I just attended the parade yesterday and I thought it was a lot of fun. It is very interactive and the characters are out in the street dancing with the families. Throughout the parade you are reminded to celebrate every day and just to celebrate life. I think that MK wants to just enhance the "party" theme of this new celebration by making Main Street a big party.