PDA

View Full Version : adult dining plan for a 7 year old?

KCMom
02-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Will Disney allow me to purchase the adult dining plan for my 7 year old. He would much rather order off the adult menu than order chicken fingers or pizza at every meal. I think that a good portion of the time we'll end up paying out of pocket for his dinner if he has to have the kids dining plan.

Anyone ever done this?

TheRustyScupper
02-20-2009, 11:03 PM
1) You can buy the adult DDP.
2) But, you then have to pay adult admission prices.
3) Usually cheaper to pay OOP for the dinners.

KCMom
02-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks for your speedy reply. I was afraid you were going to say that.

We are DVC members and I usually get our park tickets before we go since we don't get a package. I might just ask about it and see what they say.

I know my son will want to order salmon at Raglan Road (and anywhere else) and he'll want a shish-ka-bob at Marrekesh (sp?). My kids never really like kids meals at Disney or anywhere else. I doubt if we are the only family with this predicament. Then again, our friend's 16 year old daughter ordered chicken fingers at every meal when she was there.

If their answer is no, it'll be out of pocket for a lot of his meals. Such is life.

gerald72
02-21-2009, 08:03 AM
It that's true, and you decide not to get the dining plan for him, and he is on the same package as everyone else in your party, then you won't be able to get the dining plan for anyone.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-21-2009, 09:34 AM
We did quite well with DD on the kids plan. We found that there was more than enough food to share, so she could have some different food when she wanted, and the kids meal when she didn't. I was also impressed that there were places with a "speciality" kids meal, not just the regular pizza and chicken fingers.

Also, are you planning on buffets/family style meals? If so, the kids can eat anything, not just from the kids section.

KCMom
02-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I think I am just going to stick with the kids plan for him. The QS part of it will be fine for him, and the buffets will be fine, so it will only be a few meals that we'll have to pay OOP for. It may not be as big of a deal as I originally thought.

DizneyRox
02-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Wait a minute...

If you're not getting a package (meaning you already have tickets) then YES, you can just get the dining plan as an adult for him.

The above answers are correct for package where everything is based on who is on the reservation. For a package, if you have 4 adults on the reservation, you would need 4 adult tickets and would get 4 adult DDP options.

If you are booking room only and pating OOP for the dining plan, no tickets, then you certainly can get him on the DDP as an adult and it won't impact your tickets (since you already bought them). He certainly can use a child admission to enter the park and use the adult DDP credits you also bought him.

Hammer
02-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Yes, as you are staying as DVC members, you DO NOT have to purchase adult ticket media. You would add the purchase of the Dining Plan to your DVC reservation. The only additional cost to you is the difference in price between the child dining plan versus the adult dining plan.