PDA

View Full Version : Where should I be on 4th of July?

dizprincess27
02-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Ok everyone I will be in WDW over the 4th of July and was so excited initially b/c of the special show they put on in addition to the Wishes show but now I don't know if I should brave the throngs in MK park or go to Epcot and partake in the 4th there? I was also thinking of doing CA Grille as well but I'm not sure if we can fully appreciate the show that way. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

TheRustyScupper
02-20-2009, 11:20 PM
1) Cali Grill gives a good view.
2) But, there is nothing like being in the park with the crowds and the boomers.
3) Just go early and stay in the park.
4) They have reached capacity of July 4th and stopped guests from entering.

RobWreck
02-21-2009, 12:10 AM
My choice for the 4th of July would have to be a good spot on Main Street with an unobstructed view of the Castle...
Rob

epceddie
02-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I'd say you should be at home enjoying some good food and some ice-cold beverages with your familly.
I know it's Disney World, but why would you want to put yourself through the hassle of being there at one of the busiest times of the year?
The heat, the humidity, the unbearable crowdsl
It's just not worth it in my book.

CaptSmee
02-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Pick a park and stay in it all day, maybe you might get to get on a ride or 2! :party:

DizneyRox
02-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Of the two parks, Epcot is the better choice. MK will be a ZOO! There will be no unobstructed views of the castle, crowds are just too crazy. We grabbed a spot one summer on the upper deck of the train station. We parked there around 5pm for the 9pm fireworks. This was just a regular day, not arguably THE busiest day of the year. We tried to go for July 3rd fireworks one year, we got there about an hour before the show, the closest we got was barely out from underneith the train station. It was an obstructed view and crowds were so dense we couldn't move any closer to the castle.

Epcot holds crowds better, it will still be crowded, but there are more places to escape the heat/humidity. It will be around 98° with 100% humidity that day. It is every year, this year will be no different.

bdm@pga
02-22-2009, 01:53 AM
2 years ago we lucked out and here's what happened...We went to MGM and saw their special fireworks. We stood toward the entrance of the park. When it was over, we hi-tailed it to the busses and went to Magic Kingdom, just as we were getting to the entrance, they started the fireworks. we stood outside the entrance and saw the special fireworks over the lagoon , as well as all the fireworks that were higher than the railroad station...fireworks were everywhere!!!! it was so great, we now plan our trips around the 4th of July.

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
02-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I'd say you should be at home enjoying some good food and some ice-cold beverages with your familly.
I know it's Disney World, but why would you want to put yourself through the hassle of being there at one of the busiest times of the year?
The heat, the humidity, the unbearable crowdsl
It's just not worth it in my book.

Kids go to school. It's summer or never. We'll be shoulder to shoulder with the crowds!!:fworks::)

dizprincess27
02-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Cinderella's Lady In Waiting - Ditto!! My dd is in high school and there is no way we could go any other time than breaks!! We happened to catcch a video of wishes from CA Grille and we both agreed that while it is lovely it wouldn't be like being in MK so we may just try to do the 3rd and try our luck!! Thanks all!!

wire0monkey
02-24-2009, 03:32 PM
I would go to Epcot. It's big and handles crowds better.

Also, the Fife and Drum Corp would be an awesome addition to any 4th of July holiday, and Illuminations is a great fireworks show.