PDA

View Full Version : Backpacks and rides

dntccc
02-20-2009, 02:32 PM
We will be leaving for our trip in about 5 days (on 2/26). This will be the first time we will be carrying around backpacks with snacks, etc. in them. We did not realize until our last trip back in 2005 that this was even allowed. We plan to carry snacks, drinks, etc. with us. We will also have a stroller with a bottom compartment where we can store things. As far as rides go, I can see where you could take a backpack on a ride without issue for most if not all non-thrill rides, such as TTA, HM, Dumbo, etc. However, for rides such as Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, etc. what do you do with you packs? Is there a place to put them in the loading area of the ride? Should we leave them with our stroller, and if so, will they be safe?

Seasonscraps
02-20-2009, 02:35 PM
You can bring the bags onto the rides. Some of them have pouches for bags. I usually hold them under my legs - I'll even put a leg through one of the straps for extra peace of mind.

dntccc
02-20-2009, 02:39 PM
You can bring the bags onto the rides. Some of them have pouches for bags. I usually hold them under my legs - I'll even put a leg through one of the straps for extra peace of mind.

Are you saying the CMs will let you bring them onto any ride including the "thrill" rides?

jwildflower1981
02-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I beleive, if memory serves me correctly, that there are mesh baskets that will hold your bag if its not to big. I remember putting my cammera case, glasses:waycool:ears :mickey:and hats in there.

Seasonscraps
02-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Are you saying the CMs will let you bring them onto any ride including the "thrill" rides?

Yep.

MicMouse
02-20-2009, 02:59 PM
If your bag isn't too full, you can just wear it on your shoulders. I had a real small Jansport last summer and just kept baby wipes, sunblock and my wallet on the inside, and two bottles of water on the mesh pockets outside. I had no problem wearing it while riding the rides.

jrpersinger
02-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I take my cam bag on EVERY ride. I either stick my legs threw the straps or wear it backwards. I have never had a issue on any ride. Even ToT.

LarryBoy
02-20-2009, 03:24 PM
On Soarin and Mission Space it has to fit into the compartment, or you have to leave it off the ride.

Tinkerbellaella
02-20-2009, 03:30 PM
I take our full back pack on every ride. Even the upside down roller coasters. When we did use a stroller we left our back pack in the stroller with the non-valuables and had a smaller back pack with the camera etc that we took on the rides. No problems at all.

jrpersinger
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
On Soarin and Mission Space it has to fit into the compartment, or you have to leave it off the ride.

I have taken mine on both. I just turn it around backward and wear it on my chest instead of my back. No way I would ever leave my cam and lenses sitting and they don't usually fit in the compartments.

brownie
02-20-2009, 04:51 PM
We've never had a problem taking bags or backpacks on the rides.

Tinkgirl28
02-20-2009, 05:33 PM
you can take your back packs on the rides with you. My hubby and i dont have kids yet but we take a camel back on the rides because thats what my hubby likes to take with him when we are down there. But i have seen family's with strollers leave their backpacks with the strollers. There designated places for strollers to be parked while you are on a ride. And i think sometimes there are Cast members that are designated to stand there and watch the strollers if the designated area gets to full. Anyway i hope that this answers your question.:mickey:

irish1967
02-20-2009, 08:48 PM
I have a small slingpack that I carry with me at WDW. It holds my wallet and camera and I could easily take a small bottle of water (re-fill at water fountain) and a couple of snacks in it.

Assuming you aren't carting around "baby stuff" you don't need full sized backpacks during the day. Unless you are planning not to eat meals and just utilize snacks to get you through.

Oh, and on the strap is an pouch for my cell phone.

It easily fits either in the pouch for the rides or slips around to be sitting on my side rather than back on the more aggressive rides.

I think I got it at Target... but it has been several years. It is now known as my "Disney bag" and I keep it hanging in the closet where I see it often because it makes me happy.

TinkerMel
02-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I got a small backpack from Travelsmith before our last trip. I was able to keep my camera, cell phone, and other "necessities" in it. It's a great size. I was able to just wear it and lean back on it on most rides, but I would put it in the compartments or under my legs on some rides. I was just afraid to put it in the compartments when I didn't have to because I would be one to leave it if it were not attached to me.

stitchaholic
02-21-2009, 08:06 AM
i went on all rides with my backpack,including RRRC,SM,TOT....

Wishmaker
02-21-2009, 09:32 AM

depending how big your back pack is... Yes. I do the same as an above post. I put one leg through one of the straps and roll on. However I have a pretty small little back pack I take. It is about a 1/4 of the size of a school back pack.
I even take mine with me on Rockin' Roller Coaster. :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
02-21-2009, 09:55 AM
.....put your worries at ease....you can take a backpack on any ride.....we do.....most have mesh bags to place them, others you can just put the strap through your leg / foot ..... :mickey:

WDWNut02
02-21-2009, 02:24 PM

:ditto: Put one leg through a strap and have had no problems on any ride!

LoriMistress
02-21-2009, 07:20 PM
You can bring your backpack on all the rides. DH and I both carried a backpack and was able to do this without any problems.

crazygoalie39
02-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Like everyone else has said you can bring your backpack on. There's mesh bags on the back of the seat in front of you to put everything in. We always put all of our stuff in them. Have fun! :mickey:

CzepielCrew
02-22-2009, 10:39 AM
I brought my backpack through the parks and had no problem bringing it with me on all the rides!

Imagineer1981
02-23-2009, 03:39 PM

Yes, you can bring your bags unlike Universal which make you store them in lockers outside the ride