PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Magic Kingdom View

gatordawgfamily
02-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi,
I just upgraded our room from garden wing to Tower Magic Kingdom view. How much of the Magic Kingdom will we be able to see?

This is a special trip, this is my Moms second time to Disney and I wanted to make it extra special.

Thanks!:mickey:

BrerGnat
02-20-2009, 12:23 PM
I did the same thing. :mickey:

It depends on how high you are. I'd request a room on the highest floor possible. Be aware that this view also includes a view of the Contemporary parking lot and the roof of the convention center in the foreground. You will be able to see the Seven Seas Lagoon, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian. You will see the Castle, Space Mtn, and the tops of Thunder Mtn. and Splash Mtn. Depending on how high you get, you may see more of the rooftops of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, as well as Main Street. You can usually also see the Astro Orbiter spinning around. It's a really neat view. You can do a google search for "Contemporary Resort Magic Kingdom View" and you will find some good shots.

I think it's a worthwhile upgrade to the Tower from the Garden wings, provided you were able to do it under the 4/3 deal or some other discount.

scootch713
02-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Oh lucky you. When I took my neice with cancer, they upgraded us for free. We were only on the 4th floor... the view was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. My girls are still begging to go back and do it again. You will love it.

javamama
02-21-2009, 01:02 AM
I still remember it from being a kid, it's great! Enjoy it, we have our pics from the 70's, and 80's that we still look at.

mouseketeer mom
02-21-2009, 08:05 AM
You will feel like you will be able to reach out and touch the MK!
We had a MK view in the tower at the CR last year. We were not very high up, and we were at the end not closest to the MK. I thought we would be disappointed in our view. Boy, was I wrong!!! It didn't matter!! The view was spectacular. We could see the fireworks and MK from our BED!! We also had sweeping views of the GF, the Poly and the lagoon. Don't worry how high you are, or which end. It will be everything you are hoping it will be.

Lynn J Mc
02-23-2009, 01:56 PM
You can also see the Electical Water Parade. Not as closely as if you have a Bay Lake view but you can still enjoy it. And nothing beats watching the fireworks without having to fight the crowd! You will love it.

goofy78
02-24-2009, 03:40 AM
When I stayed at CR it was in the garden wing. It has been a goal of mine to stay in the tower with a MK view for a number of years and I hope to accomplish that next year if we don't end up at the Poly instead (I know, such tough choices :D). Congratulations on your upgrade and I am sure you won't be disappointed! :mickey: :thumbsup:

gatordawgfamily
02-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Thank you so much for your replies. My DH who is not usually excited about Disney trips is actually excited about this one. I think he only goes because me and the kids love it.
I can't wait to see the look in my DM eyes when she sees it. This is going to be one special trip for us.

DizNee143
02-24-2009, 03:13 PM
i FINALLY got to stay at the Contemporary for our honeymoon in October! and i went all out..spent the big bucks to get an MK view!! and wow!! i will never forget it..
the view is unbelievable..you get a great view of all of MK..you can see the Grand Floridian..and the Polynesian..its just so magical...i feel in love all over again with disney..like i said it was always my dream to stay there..and i wasnt dissappointed...i will always remember that view..heck i took about 293874 picutres of just the view!!..hopefully one day i can get back there..even if its just for one night!! :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
02-25-2009, 01:35 PM
OK now you all have me wanting to try this room. We are considering another stay at BC or trying CR for the first time. I was thinking of a garden view but I might have to scheme a way (DH might need convincing) into a mk view.:D