PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Mickey's

AimeeinWonderland
02-19-2009, 09:16 PM
I was wondering if someone could direct me to a list of Hidden Mickey's. Like real specific- look her at the "fill in the blank." Thanks!

goofy78
02-19-2009, 09:35 PM
I have yet to look this up specifically myself, however, there is a website out there that i do believe lists the hidden mickey's. I know that there is one in HM with dinner plates on the table where the ghosts are dancing. Someone should come along to give better information.

and :welcome: to intercot Aimeeinwonderland!

Celestria
02-19-2009, 09:58 PM
who every wrote the hidden mickey book they have in the stores has a website with updates and stuff. i don't have the book, so i don't know who wrote it. but the book title is Hidden Mickeys

Disneyfun
02-19-2009, 10:27 PM
We took the Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets by Steven M.Barrett (got the book in front of me ;) ) on a trip in 2008 and absolutely loved having it with us. It is chocked full of great hidden Mickey's and other assorted characters. Some you have to squint to find and use a little imagination, but they are there!
I would absolutlely recommend having this book no matter the ages in your party. The 5 year old got into it so much that when she got home, she was finding hidden Mickey's in her cheerios! :secret:
My favorite is the one that is in the covered entrance to the WL. You can hide it with a quarter!

Polynesian Dweller
02-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Steven M. Barrett is the author of the Hidden Mickeys books and does have a web site. There are several lists out there but his is one of the most complete and up to date. Waymarking has a category that is not very complete but has pictures of several good hidden mickeys and you can add pictures to that last.

Tink#64
02-20-2009, 08:04 PM
We have the hidden Mickey book & we love it! I think I got mine on Amazon, then we forgot it at home & bought another copy at DHS (MGM :blush:) and we carry it with us & refer to it particulary while waiting in line or checking out a new resort! Not hard to pick out one or two to look for while on a ride! This is alot of fun for our family! :mickey:

irish1967
02-20-2009, 08:38 PM
try "googling" Hidden Mickeys. I am pretty sure that in the past I have found information off of the internet for my weekly/daily "let's get excited about our trip" e-mails.

Bobby T
02-22-2009, 02:44 AM
All the previous posts are spot on, but let me suggest exploring and discovering your HM's on your own. My family does this and nothing feels better than pointing out a new HM and getting kudos from your fellow loved ones.

cfoshe
02-22-2009, 09:55 AM
There is a cool one in the great movie ride. It is mickey and donald in egyption cloths eating at a table. It is in the room right before you stop at the jewel room where you stop and the bad guy gets off. It is on the left side about half way up on the wall at the end of the room. I have seen it myself and it is the best I have found

iluvdumbo
02-22-2009, 11:28 AM
we got our hidden mickey book in borders i think.
one location of a hidden mickey that i know for sure is when you are going up the hill in splash mountain, right near the top on the left side, in the rocks is a profile of mickey.
i know there are many more but thats the one that i always look for :) if i find anymore, i will so put them on this thread for you! :mickey:

AXOAlum
02-22-2009, 05:27 PM
At DAK, ask a CM to point out the HM on the Tree of Life - it is truly amazing! My other favorite is on the mural at the Great Movie Ride - it is actually a Hidden MINNIE - ask a CM to show you with his/her flashlight.

Stitchdude33
06-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I have the book by Steven M. Barrett and it's called A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets. It really helps you too. I got it three years ago and we have been every year since then... but believe it or not, I forgot the book at home all three trips. :cry: Some things it almost tells you where you are. Depending on which section of the book you're in. Ihave the second edition not the third so there is a possibility mine is incorrect. But it says that the website is www.HiddenMickeysGuide.com

KAJUNKING
06-04-2009, 11:43 AM
All the previous posts are spot on, but let me suggest exploring and discovering your HM's on your own. My family does this and nothing feels better than pointing out a new HM and getting kudos from your fellow loved ones.

i agree finding them on your own is fun, thats the great thing about the hidden mickeys book is that the main section of the book is set up as a scavenger hunt so it doesnt tell you exactly where the are (there is also a hint section that tells you exactly where they are)

Mickeydream
06-05-2009, 06:14 PM
I received the Hidden Mickey book for Christmas last year. It is so informative and gives a lot of detail where to look all around WDW including the parks and resorts. :mickey:We look forward to using it on our trip in November. Now the trick is to remember to pack it!

EeyoresBestFriend
06-06-2009, 12:40 PM
My other favorite is on the mural at the Great Movie Ride - it is actually a Hidden MINNIE - ask a CM to show you with his/her flashlight

That is so cool! I'm going to check itout next time we go there!! :D

Stitchdude33
06-12-2009, 09:58 AM
I think that one of the coolest hidden mickeys that I have found in MK is on the french horn in Mickey's Philhar Magic.
Another one that I find interesting is the padlock on POTC while you wait in line. (It isn't in the perfect :mickey: shape but it is neat)