PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Tails

Magic Smiles
02-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Now that President Obama while in Ottawa today has stopped by our local market and tasted a Beaver Tail for himself, I wonder if they will start to sell them again at the Canadian Pavillion in Epcot?

Polynesian Dweller
02-19-2009, 08:30 PM
It would be nice because they are great. Glad we travel over your way fairly regularly to be able to get them. Pretty much limited to that part of Eastern Ontario and Quebec.

It will depend if they can make a deal with Disney. They couldn't make a deal to re-sign a couple of years ago that let them be profitable. Let's hope this changes things.

MickeyMousse
02-20-2009, 09:11 AM
We stopped at one of the kiosks in Canada and struck up a nice conversation with the CM and mentioned Beaver Tails and how much we miss them. She said she usually gets about a dozen inquiries a day about them and that when they changed the original, the replacement was complained about and then they took them off the menu period.
Unfortunately, she said she doubts Beaver Tails will be making a comeback anytime soon.....:(

Brownie54
02-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance but, are you talking abut a real beavers tail? Or is this something like a bear claw?

Magic Smiles
02-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance but, are you talking abut a real beavers tail? Or is this something like a bear claw?
No and No.
A Beaver Tail to me is more like a VERY LARGE Beignets, but not as puffy, with many different toppings available. The original (I think) was brushed with melted butter then sprinkled with a sugar and cinnamon topping. Yummy. My personnal favourite is garlic butter topped with grated cheddar cheese. Super yummy!
Apparently they created a special Obama Beaver Tail in honour of his inauguration. I am told it was topped with a circle of whipped cream, chocolate and Maple syrup.

LarryBoy
02-20-2009, 02:33 PM
I wish I could get poutine in the Canadian pavilion. :eat: :tasty:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=Brownie54;1834868]Forgive me for my ignorance but, are you talking abut a real beavers tail?

:funny: I was wondering the same thing

Magic Smiles
02-20-2009, 05:09 PM
I wish I could get poutine in the Canadian pavilion. :eat: :tasty:

Poutine is SO EASY to make!
French Fries, white cheese curds and Poutine sauce or even just a yummy gravy.

I was going to say the you can get pretty good Poutine at New York Fries, but it turns out that New York Fries is yet another Canadian franchise.

Love of Disney
02-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Poutine and Beaver Tails.....what a great duo!!
:mickey: