PDA

View Full Version : Does CBR have full size cribs, or just pack-n-plays?

chrisie703
02-19-2009, 05:39 PM
I read on another site that I can rent a full size crib from an outside source for $79 a week. My travel agent (MJ) said that CBR has them, but they are not guaranted. But I'm not sure that they really do have them, I thought I read somewhere that only the deluxes have them. Does anyone know for sure? My daughter will be 18 mo old when we go and will not sleep in a pack-n-play. Thanks for any info!!

KylesMom
02-20-2009, 01:05 AM
First off, we've booked with MJ for several years, and they know their stuff - I'd trust them to know what the resort has available to you. However, they are letting you know up front that it's not guaranteed that you're going to get one.

If it's that much of an issue, I'd definitely go for the outside source. For the peace of mind (and good nights' sleep for DD and yourself) it will be worth the $79 to guarantee a full-size crib.

Septbride2002
02-20-2009, 10:09 AM
The Deluxes have pack in plays as well I believe - at least the Boardwalk does.

If your kiddo won't sleep in a pack and play I have 2 suggestions - one buy an inflatable mattress to bring on the trip for her to sleep on - it will be low enough to the ground should she roll off of it she shouldn't be hurt. Or (if staying in a room with a pullout couch) you can remove the mattress from the pull out couch and lay that on the floor for your little one to sleep in. And finally - what many parents have done is one parents sleeps with kiddo in one bed and the other parents sleeps by themselves in the other bed.

My daughter when she was a little older then 18 mos. was completly aware that she WAS NOT at home - so she wouldn't sleep by herself. She ended up falling asleep with us in the bed and then we would move her to the pack n play for the night. Our next trip she'll be 3 and we are going to bring an inflatable mattress.

~Amanda

Disney Doll
02-20-2009, 01:06 PM
You can also request bed rails from the resorts. My son always sleeps with us.

javamama
02-21-2009, 01:01 AM
What I was told last year by Disney reservations was that if you need a crib specifically they will note it, not guaranteed like you said. They also reassured me that they do everything physically possible to get you the crib--whether it means getting it from another one of their resorts. I did not have a problem last year at all. It's not a full size crib though, it's smaller but it's a crib. It's the metal white type, that's probably 3ft/3 1/2ft off the ground and on wheels obviously. My dd was 2 3/4 last year and had no problem sleeping in hers at the Poly. I wouldn't worry about it too much.