PDA

View Full Version : Best Breakfast??

chick20679
02-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Wondering what everyone's votes are for the best breakfast?

Two adults, prefer non-buffet (unless it's really good) and it can be character or non-character.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

brownie
02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Our favorite is Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club Resort. We really enjoy the atmosphere and have always enjoyed the food.

BluegrassDaisy
02-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Our favorites are O'Hana's, it's been a few years since we ate there, but we loved it. And Whispering Canyon both are great:mickey:

apequet
02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Chef Mickey! It's a buffet, but it's YUMMY! Food was hot and fresh and the characters where great! Have fun!

Aggie97
02-19-2009, 04:46 PM
We always have loved the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. (And you can get a just-as-tasty smaller portion of Tonga Toast at the CS location, Captain Cook's, if you don't have time for a TS breakfast.)

We also have enjoyed breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. :mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
02-19-2009, 05:11 PM
My favorite breakfast in WDW does not exist any longer.
It was at Tony's in MK.
Nowadays,we either have a CS breakfast at the hotel,or splurge and do one of the buffets.I used do CS breakfast in the parks too,but as a diabetic there are no choice for me.
PASTRY AIN'T BREAKFAST!
We have no complaints at any of the buffets we have done on past trips.

Maleficent_vf
02-19-2009, 06:40 PM
We love Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin. It is a buffet, but main dishes are cooked to each person's taste and include eggs & omelettes, any style, pancakes, and waffles. They offer an interesting selection of fresh blended juices including an antioxidant drink and a detox blend as well as more traditional ones. There's a big "display" of pastries, muffins, danish, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. Also available are a variety of breakfast meats - ham, bacon, sausage. Hot and cold cereals are available too. I don't recall exactly, but I think it costs between $15-20/person.

Since we usually stay in the Boardwalk area, this is always a must do breakfast for our all-adult crew! :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
02-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Boma's in AKL is the best. It is a buffet, but you can order omelets and cooked to order eggs. Their frunch juice is the best.

elmjimmlm
02-19-2009, 07:19 PM
I love breakfast at Boatwrights at POR...They have the best sweet potato pancakes and the Chip and Dale toast is great...:thumbsup:

Figment78
02-20-2009, 02:05 PM
My mouth is watering just reading this post! Mmmmmm! I need to bookmark this post for our future itineraries as we were never sit-down breakfast people but will be when we go next time with our toddler.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Kona Cafe gets my vote-

The tonga toast is good but the big Kahuna breakfast is better, you get your choice of eggs, potatoes, three meats, french toast and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes

LuvsTigger80
02-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Our favorites are O'Hana's, it's been a few years since we ate there, but we loved it. And Whispering Canyon both are great:mickey:

:ditto:
about Ohana's. It was the BEST that we ate on our vacation. We will be back a couple times on our next trip. I've never tried Whispering canyon but it is on our to do list.:mickey:

Luv Eeyore
02-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Our favs are buffets: Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare. For a non-buffet, I would have to say Kona Cafe.

Mousemates
02-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Another vote for kona cafe...its really good for any meal...tonga toast for breakfast, sticky wings for lunch, etc.

dixielandings
02-21-2009, 10:37 AM
O'hana, pretty much hands down. It's all-you-care-to-eat, but served family-style at your table so you can stay seated. Everything is yummy (ask for a carafe of Kona coffee from next door - it costs extra but is worth it if you're a sipper) plus you get the added bonus of the Florida sunshine streaming in through the 2nd story windows!

moe513
02-21-2009, 10:41 AM
crystal palace in mk

angel2931
02-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Ohana's is great!! :thumbsup: We had the breakfast there on our last trip and loved it!!! This time around we are going to try breakfast at Crystal Palace (we have eaten lunch there before, and thats the character meal my DSS chose), and Cape May Cafe (we have never been here before, but have heard great things!!). Less than 2 months to go... I can't wait!!!:mickey:

Hull-onian
02-22-2009, 02:40 PM
We love to go to the Rainforest Cafe outside of Animal Kingdom Park. The coffee :mcoffee: is superb. Anything on the menu is cooked to order. It is so good, it is a must do everytime we go to Disney. We can't wait.:tasty:

Natazu
02-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Jym’s Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants for Breakfasts:
7. Sanaa*
6. The Wave
5. Spoodle’s
4. Kona Café
3. Boma
2. Olivia’s
1. Grand Floridian Café (lobster eggs benedict, mmm)

*this spot in the list used to be Boatwrights; it is now closed for breakfast. Knowing Chef Robert Getchell's ability, I predict Sanaa will be high on this list.

SBETigg
02-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Jym’s Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants for Breakfasts:
7. Sanaa*
6. The Wave
5. Spoodle’s
4. Kona Café
3. Boma
2. Olivia’s
1. Grand Floridian Café (lobster eggs benedict, mmm)

*this spot in the list used to be Boatwrights; it is now closed for breakfast. Knowing Chef Robert Getchell's ability, I predict Sanaa will be high on this list.

Definitely Grand Floridian Cafe, number one with a bullet. I can't wait to try Sanaa. They're going to have breakfast? I didn't even think of it. I can't wait to try it for dinner. I'm pretty excited about Sanaa. I'm sure Jym will get there first, so I will be waiting for Jym's review. :D

Donald A
02-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Spoodle's on the Boardwalk had a decent breakfast.

chick20679
03-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the responses!!
Lots of great ideas that I hadn't thought of and will need to check out the menus.

Thanks so much everyone!! :mickey: