PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Experience

RBrooksC
02-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Is there anybody like me who has no desire to see this show nor even care about the people who participate in it?

I can't stand the TV show, never liked the performers who have won, and there is a part of me that hopes this is gone August 2011 when I go back to Disney.

dmosher
02-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes, I second that. The only reason I don't want it to fail is because Disney will lose $$, otherwise I am secretly hoping the fad will fade away quickly and we can put in a new show or dark ride.
I can not stand the show and am annoyed at all of the ides that were lost so that AI can be in DHS. Just sad. On the other hand it will probably be very popular and that means that you and I won't have to wait in lines as long for TSM!
SO I guess that's the positive.
Either way, I could not agree more with you.
:pipes:
D

Itchy
02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
We were at Disney when they had the Kick off on Thursday. We had originally planned on DHS for Thursday until I heard that that was the day of the kick off. WOW! I am glad we changed out minds. We went to the Mk and I would have to guess that everyone else that had planned going to the HS changed their minds as well and ended up at the MK. I have never seen it so crowded other than a trip we make in mid June.

Oh! I decided not to audition as I felt that I should give someone else the chance at fame and if I started singing it would not have been long until we would have had the park all to ourselves.:blush:

WeLuvBuzz
02-19-2009, 03:43 PM
I also to do not like the show and have no desire to spend even a second of my vacation on this attraction. I also hope that everyone else at DHS any day I am there loves the attraction and leaves the good rides for me. I do hope it fails and they put a real attraction in there though (after they change Sounds Dangerous into something better such as bringing back the Hunchback show).

dream6
02-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I've been involved in music since I was very young, but I just don't have any interest in the show. I think that the contestants (for the most part) are talented and entertaining, but it's just not something I've ever felt the need to watch. I'll still check it out when I go, just so I can decide from experience whether I like the attraction - but I highly doubt it will be a repeat stop for me.

grwoolf
02-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm not a big fan of the show, but we did go see this when we were at DHS first week of Feb.

Not great, but not terrible. What is interesting is that it's real people and the audience is voting to determine the outcome. From that standpoint, I think it has decent repeat value since it will always be different. However, seeing people publicly 'shot down' seemed a little out of place at the happiest place on earth, especially when the Simon-like judge would verbally bash each performer. The talent was very average, but we didn't go to the final show with the winners of each day show (which would obviously have the best performace of the day). This is something I would do again, but would not plan my day around. If you happen to be walking by and the show is about to start, it's not a bad way to rest your feet and burn a half hour.

PirateLover
02-19-2009, 10:51 PM
I can not stand the show and am annoyed at all of the ides that were lost so that AI can be in DHS. Just sad.
My memory could be failing me, but what rides were lost due to American Idol? I thought they built the set in a currently unused space. (assuming ides was a typo and you are not referring to the 15th of the month ;) )

I for one am looking forward to it. I'm a huge fan of the show and I love singing and I'm actually thinking about auditioning when we go in June just for the heck of it. I have read many reviews of people had no interest in Idol enjoying the show. I am one to give everything a chance before I completely diss it.

goofy78
02-19-2009, 11:31 PM
I have been involved with music for most of my life, playing multiple instruments and being in a band for a couple years. But I, for one, cannot stand American Idol :ack: (except the hilarious weeding out process in the beginning- Go Simon, tell them how it is! :number1:). I have not been to WDW when they had the American Idol show and when I go back next year I am certain that it won't be a stop for us.

Greenlawler
02-20-2009, 12:07 AM
We will go to check it out, but simply becuase we like seeing new things. I am not a big fan. I find the show entertaining but it is not something I Tivo. Its something I may watch on the rare occasion that we are at home and nothing else is on. Needless to say we were dissapointed that Fantasmic our #1 can't miss we scailed back based on this. I actaully hope I am wrong and the show is great.

CaptSmee
02-20-2009, 01:07 AM
I was thinking it would be lame, but was able to catch a preview of a closing show and I thought it was great! The performers we saw that night were very good, the show was very well done. The only thing kinda corny were the imitation judges.