PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Whisperer??

murphy1
02-19-2009, 11:29 AM
I watched a few episodes earlier in it's seasons but I recently watched again. What happened to her husband? Did he die and now he is a ghost who came back as someone else? I really like trying to figure out the plot before it ends.

ozmom
02-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Basically her husband was killed but did not cross over, there was a car accident and he then took over the body of the person that was saved in the accident. The person in the accident has amnesia, because he is no longer the same person. In fact some memories are coming back from Jim.

So the body is one person and the soul is her husband. Sometimes when they show a reflection of the new character you will see what he looks like, but she sees him as her husband.

Hope that doesn't sound too confusing.

Stitchahula
02-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I just want to clear up one thing. The person in the accident did die. Sam's soul did cross over and Jim's soul took over Sam's body. Jim has no idea he's Jim living in Sam's body. I have no idea why they went with this story line because it can be confusing.

MNNHFLTX
02-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I guess they did this in an attempt to make things more interesting, but I don't like it. I wish they had left one of the few happy couples on TV alone.

NotaGeek
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I guess they did this in an attempt to make things more interesting, but I don't like it. I wish they had left one of the few happy couples on TV alone.
Amen. The whole pining away for the spirit of her dead husband thing is really creepy.

pixiesmimi
02-19-2009, 11:11 PM

I agree. There was enough drama without them messing with this couple. It isn't like one of the character's wanted to leave the program, because they are both still there. It makes me mad because you know Jim can never come back and I don't really think the other guy and Melinda fit together.