PDA

View Full Version : Are There???????

Magic Smiles
02-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Dole Whips in Disneyland?

NotaGeek
02-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Dole Whips originated at Disneyland. You can get them at a cart right in front of the Original Enchanted Tiki Room. :papple:

Magic Smiles
02-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Yyyyyeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!!

CanadianWDWFan
02-18-2009, 09:29 PM
When we were there, last summer, the line was longer than any line I have seen at WDW!!

NotaGeek
02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Dole Whip Cart hint ... they often serve from both sides of the cart.. one line inside Tiki Room pre-show and the one in the walkway outside. The one inside is usually shorter.

delphinidae308
02-19-2009, 01:15 AM
I didn't know that was meant to be a line. I'd only seen one person helped there and figured the cm was just being nice.

They only serve the pineapple flavor in DL though, no chocolate or vanilla, but it's good enough.

Tinkerbellaella
02-19-2009, 01:18 AM
There is more flavors at wdw? I thought the only flavor was pineapple. As you can see from my signature DLR is our primary home. Are the other flavors any good? My son loves the Dole Whip Float.

Melanie
02-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Yes, that certainly is a line on the 'inside', and the only place I've ever gotten a Dole Whip at Disneyland.

Chocolate and vanilla 'Dole Whips'? Dole = Pineapple. It's been awhile since I've been to WDW, but I don't remember any flavor but pineapple. If that's the case, I'd think it would be simply known as soft serve chocolate or vanilla.

Magic Smiles
02-19-2009, 07:26 AM
I know that there is vanilla soft serve ice cream available at the Dole Whip counter in WDW, but to me a Dole Whip IS pineapple, not vanilla ice cream.

jrkcr
02-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Also, at DL you can take the dole whip into the tiki room show and enjoy it while watching the birdies sing.
9 days and 20 hours....dole whip time!!

Magic Smiles
02-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Also, at DL you can take the dole whip into the tiki room show and enjoy it while watching the birdies sing.

Between the facts that we will be there is August and I am guessing hot and that we can eat dole whips inside the tiki room, I might manage to get DH and DS inside to see the tiki show. I thought is was so cute in WDW, but DH and DS would not go to see it again. Once was plenty for them.

Hopefully the Dole Whip will win this battle for me.

tinkwest
02-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Between the facts that we will be there is August and I am guessing hot and that we can eat dole whips inside the tiki room, I might manage to get DH and DS inside to see the tiki show. I thought is was so cute in WDW, but DH and DS would not go to see it again. Once was plenty for them.

Hopefully the Dole Whip will win this battle for me.

The Disneyland Tiki Room presents the original show. Get there early enough to enjoy the preshow in the courtyard.

jrkcr
02-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Just my personal opinion, but DL tiki room is soooo much nicer. No annoying Iago for one thing.

BrerGnat
02-21-2009, 01:12 AM
FYI, this year marks the 45th Anniversary of the Original Tiki Room.

There is some pretty cool merchandise to mark this occasion at the Art Gallery on Main Street. :thumbsup: T-shirts, mugs, cups, shot glasses, tote bags, art, etc.

But, you should DEFINITELY at least get a Dole Whip! Don't let the line scare you, and DRAG your family in there to see that show with you. It's really worth seeing, just because it's "The ORIGINAL", as Walt himself designed it. AND, it's celebrating a birthday this year, so you should go honor its legacy. Plus, in the summer it feels SOOOOOO good in there with the AC on. And, didn't you know...it rains in there during the show. ;)

delphinidae308
02-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I didn't specify the vanilla is soft serve ice cream. I too consider Dole Whip to be pineapple only. Isn't one of options at WDW to not only get the soft serve by itself, but also to mix it with the Dole Whip to make what some call a "different flavor" even though it has dairy in it that way? I do agree that sometimes the line may look bad in DL, but it moves quickly.

Tiggerlovr9000
02-26-2009, 04:54 PM
This past Sunday we were at DL and I went to the Tiki room. There was what I thought was a big line to get in and stood there. My dh asked if we were in the right line and when I asked someone it was really the line for dolewhips.:blush::blush: