PDA

View Full Version : Kidcot Fun Stops

GoofyMom09
02-18-2009, 06:31 PM
I'd appreciate any info on the KIDCOT fun stops in Epcot. What kinds of activities are they? Are they appropriate for a 3 year old? Any that I should be sure to hit/miss?

bob6572
02-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Kids will get a white mask on a stick that they can color at any of the stops. As they go to each one they will stamp the stick with a stamp from that country and they will add a paper tassle that is in a theme of the country. And the CM at each stop will usually write the kids names in their language or alphabet and interact a bit. DD did it at 2 and at 4 and loved it both times.

Plus they get to keep a free souvinier they made themselves!

Iluvpooh
02-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes, our kids really enjoyed this last trip, but they liked the Seas/Land lanyard better than the mask. We wound up adding a few of the world showcase items to it instead of the mask.
Be forewarned that these stops are sponsored by Sharpie so all of the markers are permanent!!

tannermansmom
02-18-2009, 11:01 PM
My then 2 year old loved this on out last trip. We were there during the Flower & Garden Festival so some of the stations tied into the festival. He got to color rocks (which he really enjoyed), decorate a box that contained wildflower seeds, make a paper butterfly. Remember, the KIDCOT stops are spread all around the park.

TheVBs
02-19-2009, 07:11 AM
I think a 3 year old would definitely enjoy the Kidcot stops, and they do get to bring home a fun, free souvenir.

It's great that they have some different things for the Flower and Garden show. We have a few masks already. Not that I wouldn't let them do another if they're interested. The Seas lanyard is very cool too.

LarryBoy
02-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Test Track used to have a lanyard station as well, but the station was not always maned. Not sure if it's still there or not.

Mousefan29
02-19-2009, 08:35 AM
The Kidcot stops are always a must for us. Kids are 6 and 2, and both enjoy. I agree with other posters, since Sharpie sponsors them, we have to be a little on guard when the kids are using the markers! Every time we go to Epcot, they want to make a mask, and they like to enhance their design at each station.

We'll be there for Flower and Garden, and I'm sure be checking out the new stuff!

kathiep
02-19-2009, 11:24 AM
When mine were 3, they loved the kidcot stops. It became an adventure to find the stop in each pavilion.

disguy
02-19-2009, 11:52 AM
You know... I always want to stop what I'm doing and join the kids in a little crafting whenever I see those!

:silly:

Ian
02-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Our kids (6 & 2) both love the Kidcot stops. In fact, DD6 pretty much only cares about making a mask on our trips to Epcot. ;)

She also enjoyed getting the passport stamps from all the countries last year, too.

g8rgirl29
02-19-2009, 02:25 PM
We did this last year with our 4yo DD. She liked it but didn't color there, she got her stamps and then colored back in the room(with washable markers we had brought along for the flight). She really enjoyed talking to the CM's around the world asking what the stamps meant and many other questions that they seemed more than happy to answer. Don't forget to get their name written in China. I found a website that has a guide to Kidcot funstops it tells you where to find the stops and shows the masks and stamps etc, I will pm you. If anybody else is interested just pm me.

bob6572
02-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Same here. We broght some crayons home adfter one of the dinners and let them color while we took a 20 minute nap!

WDWFRK
02-19-2009, 06:17 PM
They are definitely worth the time! I enjoyed finding them all just because it forced us to explore each of the pavilions a little more deeply than we ever had before. We discovered lots of interesting shops, nooks, and crannies that we otherwise wouldn't have.:mickey:

JSparrow
02-20-2009, 08:12 AM
What is the lanyard kidcot thing? My little brother did the mask Kidcot stops but I didn't know you could get a lanyard too. Where is it located? Thanks!

TheVBs
02-20-2009, 09:40 AM
What is the lanyard kidcot thing? My little brother did the mask Kidcot stops but I didn't know you could get a lanyard too. Where is it located? Thanks!

That's at The Seas. They're really fun!

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Be forewarned that these stops are sponsored by Sharpie so all of the markers are permanent!!

Thanks, Sharpie, for sponsoring this . . . but who the heck thought it would be a good idea to give these kids permanent markers?!? We figured this out 10 seconds too late.

TheVBs
02-20-2009, 09:54 AM
That's at The Seas. They're really fun!

Sorry, also at The Land and Test Track.

Septbride2002
02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
We haven't done this yet with Chloe but we are planning on taking advantage of it on the next trip. I'm hoping it will make the World Showcase a little more interesting for her. And let mommy do some shopping!

~Amanda

TheVBs
02-20-2009, 04:23 PM
We did this last year with our 4yo DD. She liked it but didn't color there, she got her stamps and then colored back in the room(with washable markers we had brought along for the flight). She really enjoyed talking to the CM's around the world asking what the stamps meant and many other questions that they seemed more than happy to answer. Don't forget to get their name written in China. I found a website that has a guide to Kidcot funstops it tells you where to find the stops and shows the masks and stamps etc, I will pm you. If anybody else is interested just pm me.

Thank you so much for the link! :D There is so much more available at these stops than I ever realized. Cool!

Buttercup
02-20-2009, 04:59 PM
We spent an entire evening in World Showcase going around to each Kidcot stop. My son also got each CM at the different countries to stamp his autograph book and write something in there. The Norway girl wrote in Norweigan "Did you know that Norway invented the paper clip". :D Other countries like Japan and China would write our son's name in their own letters. The best was the guy in Morocco - he wrote a ton of things in Arabic and French for our son, and taught him some new words! He really spent a lot of time with our son who was 3 and we will always remember him in particular. :mickey: