PDA

View Full Version : Dining Cancellations?

bertmmur
02-18-2009, 12:53 PM
We planned a last minute trip so it was difficult to get dining reservations. We arrive late tonight. I was told to keep calling because of cancellations but so far have not had alot of luck. Is it worth continuing to call once there from the parks? I hate the thought of taking time out to call. Have you ever had luck getting in on a cancellation?

SBETigg
02-18-2009, 01:36 PM
We have had luck calling on the day of, from the resort. There's no guarantee and only you know it's worth taking the time. How much do you want to eat at that particular spot? If you have a cell phone with you, you can do it while standing in line and not take time out of your day. If time was an issue and calling was a hassle, I would take something that wasn't perhaps my first or even second choice and be happy with it. Sometimes you discover new dining treasures that way. Best wishes with it!

LandFan
02-18-2009, 01:39 PM
I would definitely try while standing in line for rides each day! There are always cancellations and changes last minute. People get too tired to make their ADR or their kids need a nap or they ended up at a different park that day and don't want to travel back or it rains and they'd rather stay in that night... The best laid plans can change when you actually get there so there are always options!

Figment!
02-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Is it worth continuing to call once there from the parks? We've gotten several that way on past trips.

Once you are there, you can call the Dining Reservation line by pressing *88 at any Disney payphone or *55 from your Disney hotel room phone.

Aggie97
02-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Is it worth continuing to call once there from the parks?

Yes, it is worth it. We have had very good luck with this, even at popular spots like 'Ohana.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

bertmmur
02-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. You all convinced me to keep trying. Tomorrow is actually my birthday so I am bring a little picky and wanting the more popular places....Ohana, Chef Mickey, Garden Grill. So I will try through the day! Thanks!

Natazu
02-18-2009, 06:06 PM
As someone who doesn't go to the mailbox without an ADR, we've had really good luck changing things around onsite.