PDA

View Full Version : Ride based on the movie Tron

dntccc
02-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Does anyone think that Disney will every make a ride based on the move Tron? With the sequel in the works (TR2N - 2011 release?), if the movie is a success and generates new interest in Tron, then maybe this could be a possibility. If I remember correctly, there used to be a ride at WDW (World of Motion maybe?) that had a section where you would go through a room and the entire room was a projection of the Tron sequence where Flynn was being taken into the computer world. If done right, I think there could be a lot of potential in a full-blown Tron ride/attraction. What do you think would be some good ides for a ride like this?

afowl1017
02-18-2009, 12:35 PM
All my DH would say, "Honey pack our bags we are leaving now!" He is a huge tron fan and has made my DS 8 a fan to. He actually has his light cycle toys still and the kids play with them. We can't wait to see the new movie, but a ride would be awesome over at the Studios. Hummm...what type of ride? I am always up for rollercoasters, but I am sure there are much more imaginative people out there who could come up with a really cool ride.

ayeckley
02-18-2009, 12:39 PM
I'd sure like that, and I think the current corporate leadership of Disney "gets" TRON/TR2N to the point that it would get serious consideration if the sequel does well enough.

Since we're making requests, I'd still like to see a tie-in attraction between Lost (ABC) and Discovery Island.

Ian
02-18-2009, 12:57 PM
If the sequel did well and found a broad appeal then there might be a small chance, but really I don't think the original has a large enough audience for Disney to try and exploit it in a theme park environment.

JPL
02-18-2009, 02:43 PM
They actually had a small area of Disneyland themed to Tron on the Peoplemover in one of the tunnels :thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
02-18-2009, 05:52 PM
I agree with Ian, I don't think Tron has a big enough following.

Groundswell
02-18-2009, 10:21 PM
If the sequel did well and found a broad appeal then there might be a small chance, but really I don't think the original has a large enough audience for Disney to try and exploit it in a theme park environment.

I would think that the sequel will do well or why make it. The only thing that should be in question is when will there be more Tron 2011 information for all the fans that are excited about it?

I'm a little skeptical about it being 3D since anyone with two HD cameras and a $100 can make a 3D movie, I'd really like to see something more like Walle, something that has amazing dimensionality and can awe audiences with a great story at the same time. Give it to Pixar. Hopefully they won't screw it up. Or buy ILM if you don't think Disney can handle the thing. But please don't remake this movie unless it's going to be the absolute best Disney can do.

Greenlawler
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
I am also a little skeptical. I mean is it a true sequal? The movie Tron was a mild hit at best. The video game did more business. I would imagine a remake would make more sense.
Don't get me wrong I loved Tron although it made little sense to me as I was like 10 at the time.

As for the original question I would thinkit would have to get in line behind the dozens of other Disney flicks that need a ride. :)

BedknobsandBroomsticks
02-19-2009, 08:59 AM
I was young too, maybe 11 at the time. This was a down time for Disney movies in general. Not by my standards, mind you, but the publics and critics. Some of my favorite "dark horse" disney movies were made in the late 70's early 80's and they are grossly under appreciated and represented. I don't see it happening but I would love it if it did!:number1:

IamBelle
02-19-2009, 09:20 AM
I have never seen Tron, but my dad has told me about it. Not a lot of my friends have heard about it either, therefore, a ride based on it wouldn't do anything for young adults and children, unless they have seen the movie.
But, with the movie in 2011, that might change. It might gain intrest in kids, making it more popular, so maybe a ride in the future based on it would be possible.

dntccc
02-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I am also a little skeptical. I mean is it a true sequal? The movie Tron was a mild hit at best. The video game did more business. I would imagine a remake would make more sense.
Don't get me wrong I loved Tron although it made little sense to me as I was like 10 at the time.

As for the original question I would thinkit would have to get in line behind the dozens of other Disney flicks that need a ride. :)

It is definitely supposed to be a sequel and not a remake. Disney shot some test footage that was shown at some type of convention (it was a surprise) and the footage leaked out onto the internet. During the scene, you see an aged Flynn and things are said that let you know it is a sequel.