PDA

View Full Version : Lunch menu at dinner?

Briansmom
02-18-2009, 12:00 AM
We have a DS10 who has autism with dev delays and sensory integration issues (as most kids with autism have). He has a very limited group of food that he will eat and I am trying to get our adr's worked out. I have been looking at the menus for the TS restaurants and see that there is something that he would eat that is on the lunch menu, but we will be dining there at supper. Will the restaurants allow you to order off the lunch menu at dinner time? I didn't know if this would be something that would fall under 'special diet' that we could speak to the chef about??

beksy
02-18-2009, 09:02 AM
It looks to me like they would make that accomodation for you but I'm sure someone will be along soon that knows for sure!

Mickey'sGirl
02-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Have you considered just going at lunchtime? We have found that lunch is a better time for us (both of our boys are autistic as well). We have found that taking a break for a good meal during the day works for them, and that sometimes waiting until 7 at night (after a long day doing things that aren't part of their regular routine) isn't such a good thing.

Lunch is also less expensive.

Just some food for thought (sorry for the awful pun).

DisneyBabies
02-18-2009, 09:15 AM
I have heard from others on this board that Disney will accomodate anyone's eating preference, but especially children. If you really want to double check, call Disney dining and ask to speak with someone at the restaurant you are lookg to eat at. I don't think any restaurant will turn down your request, especially if they serve what you are looking for at another time during the day.

Natazu
02-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Special diets are very well accommodated. They are very good about offering lunch items for dinner in any case.