PDA

View Full Version : Rides with infants?

angel2931
02-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know... we are traveling with an 8yo, 4yo and an 8 month old. Will my 8 month old be able to come with us on rides like POTC, IASW, WTP, etc...? Obviously I know for the big rides we will use Rider Swap, but I didn't know about those rides. TIA!! :mickey:

bob6572
02-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Yes, an 8 m/o should be fine on any ride in Fantasyland as well as POTC, TTA, Buzz Lightyear, as long as you hold them in your lap.

wire0monkey
02-17-2009, 07:26 PM
I took a one year old on POTC, TTA, Buzz Lightyear, Dumbo, Cinderella's Carousel, Haunted Mansion, the Flying Carpets, Small World, and to the Tiki Room.

He hated the Tiki Room. Everything else was great.

dfamasb
02-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Babies can generally ride anything without a height-restriction. I took my twins for the first time at 9 months and my youngest at 6 months and they rode everything and loved most of them! Have fun!!

javamama
02-18-2009, 01:21 AM
The only thing I didn't take my 8 mo on when we took her was Buzz, I thought it was too much for her w/the spinning, and some jerking. We took her on everything we could, she loved it all!

goofy78
02-18-2009, 03:09 AM
This is great information. We will be having a son in two months :joy: and plan on taking him next year when he is about a year old. :mickey:

emmatink
02-18-2009, 12:19 PM
My daughter's first trip was at 8 months old too and we took her on everything that did not have a height requirement. She loved the Safari at AK and IASW because there is lots to look at. "Eye candy" as my DH calls it :)

disneyboy98
02-19-2009, 01:26 AM
We took my neice last year and she was 11 months. Again, like people have said, anything without a height restiction would be fair game. These are the ones Chloe seemed to enjoy:

MK
TTA - all smiles because there was a breeze in her face and she liked that
IASW - sights, color, movement, she loved it
HM - didn't react much
Snow White - No reaction
Peter pan - Fell asleep
POTC - looked around with little reaction
Country Bears - reacted to the music and the big teddy bears ;)
Buzz Space Ranger's Spin - sat in the middle and had no reaction
Winnie The Pooh - Really liked the sights and visuals
Mickey's Philharmagic - Not a sniff what was going on
Monster's Inc. - reacted with smiles and laughter when the audience laughed but that was it
Jungle Cruise - Pointed at the animals
Tiki Birds - Really liked it alot and kept pointing to the birds
COP - fell asleep
Carousel - Loved it and laughed the whole time

Studios
GMR - No reaction and just looked around. Not even a reaction during the Alien scene or anything with the loud noises
Muppets 3D - Not a sniff what was going on
Lights Motors Action - Did not go on
Little Mermaid - Did not go on
Playhouse Disney - Could not get her eyes off of the characters for the entire show. Totally engaged.
Fantasmic - Did not go to
Beauty and Beast - Did not go to

Epcot
The Seas with Nemo - Loved the fish exhibits but could not get engaged in Turtle Talk with Crush. She did like pointing to the fish duirng the ride.
American Adventure - Got fussy half way through and took her outside
Figment - pointed at Figment and smiled all the time he was around
Living with the Land - not engaged at anything
UOE - Got fussy closer to the end
Mexico Boat Ride - Loved pointing at Donald Duck (one of her favorites)

Animal Kingdom
FOTLK - Like it at first but then became disinterested closer to the end
ITTBAB - Did not go on
Nemo: The Musical - Got fussy in the middle and got taken outside
Kilimanjaro Safaris - Like the bouncing around of the jeep and pointing at all the animals
The "Trails" - Loved the gorillas and the tigers. She was wide awake for these attractions and was engaged in all of the animals
Conservation Sation - did not get to
Flights of Wonder - did not get to

MistressGracey999
02-19-2009, 10:46 PM
I wanted to share that while I myself have never traveled to WDW with an infant, some friends of ours have. More than one mom said that she found Peter Pan to be a bit dangerous with an infant, because of the odd angles the ship achieves at certain points in the ride.

Just wanted to pass it along!:thumbsup:

disneynarula
02-24-2009, 02:19 PM
We went with a nine month old and took him on all the rides that did not have height restrictions.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-24-2009, 07:50 PM
We took my nephew at 7.5 week and he could go on anything without a height restriction. Just block their ears if it's too loud.

Woozle
02-25-2009, 11:24 AM
We took my daughter at 3 months onto HM and POTC. She was fine. 8 months should be no problem with holding them still. You can even ride TSM with the baby.

disneymama09
03-01-2009, 12:20 AM
The only ride I know of that has an Age Restriction is Indy Speedway, to go on that an Infant/Toddler must be 12 months of age or older, But the other rides with no height restriction they can go on with you , and on your lap. They just ask you to sit in the middle on some of the rides like Pirates and Its a Small World. My daughter was 16 months when we first took her to the World, She feel asleep the first time through pirates.