PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Adventure ride - will this ever be at WDW?

dntccc
02-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know if WDW will ever put a Indiana Jones Adventure ride there like the one that is in DL? From what I have read and seen, it seems to be a great ride. I doubt that my family and I will ever get the chance to go to DL (too far). I would really like to see it come to WDW.

SBETigg
02-17-2009, 03:13 PM
I would love that, too. There's talk of it every now and then, but nothing substantiated as far as I know, just rumors.

JPL
02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
At this point I highly doubt it since it's 14 year old technology and we already the same ride system over at Dinosaur at AK. Had the most recent movie been more successful I think the chances would have been much higher.

DizneyRox
02-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Economics would say sure. From what I understand, it's the exact same ride path, etc as Dinosaur. So, from a maintenance perspective, it makes perfect sense. However, it's so similar, I think people would quickly realize this and question it. Chances are slim to nil for that reason.

Strmchsr
02-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I would agree with everything stated above. The ONLY thing that would make me think there's ever a glimmer of hope for some Indy type ride is that now Disney is working with both George Lucas and Spielberg (Dreamworks) via the new deal signed last week. Having both on board could seriously open up some future possibilities, but I would think it would more likely be something new rather than a transplant of the DLR version.

cgriff
02-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Because WDW has Countdown to Extinction/Dinosaur i doubt that they would build Indiana Jones Adventure there.

brownie
02-17-2009, 05:42 PM
It's a great ride, and it would be nice if it were somewhere at Disney World. I don't see it happening at this point, though.

Mousemates
02-17-2009, 05:48 PM
:ditto:

pink
02-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally I thought why would they put an Indiana Jones ride in if they already have the stunt show. Then I realized, they have two rides with the same theme (shooting targets) dedicated to Toy Story. They also have two attractions and a stage show dedicated to Finding Nemo. So, why wouldn't they add in the Indiana Jones Adventure attraction? :mickey:

jrkcr
02-17-2009, 08:34 PM
I'd like to see something else with Indy at WDW, but maybe not the ride like at DL.(since it's the same as dinosaur)
But something with a queue area as great as the one at DL!

JPL
02-17-2009, 09:11 PM
(since it's the same as dinosaur)

They may use the same ride system but Indy blows Dinosaur out of the water in every other aspect of an attraction starting with the queue right down to the details and special effects. The use and execution of the ride system at DL makes Dinosaur look like a cheap Carnival ride in comparison.

Greenlawler
02-17-2009, 11:47 PM
I would not be suprised if they don't change Dinosaur somehow, but that could be said about most attractions.

Disney just updated their animated classics to include Dinosaur

Luv Eeyore
02-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I agre that hands down, the DL Indy ride blows away Dinosaur, and that it is very unlikely that they will bring it to WDW. However, I wouldn't mind Disney bringing over a version of the DLP ride, with a little update to the theme and a little longer ride time.

Tinkerbellaella
02-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Dinosaur may be the same ride but the the Disney touch they did for the que of Indy really makes it a complete Indy feel. To me it is the most impressive que of all Disney rides!

Imagineer1981
02-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Disneyland Paris has an Indy minetrain ride...very cool and should be brought to DHS

sillyolbear
02-19-2009, 08:50 AM
They may use the same ride system but Indy blows Dinosaur out of the water in every other aspect of an attraction starting with the queue right down to the details and special effects. The use and execution of the ride system at DL makes Dinosaur look like a cheap Carnival ride in comparison.

Amen!

grwoolf
02-19-2009, 10:44 PM
I'd agree with what the others have posted. While Indy at DL has the same technology base as Dino at AK, they are night and day. Indy is much, much better in every way in my opinion (and I really like Dinosaur). I would go one step further and say this ride might be my favorite ride in all of DL and WDW, and that pains me to say that as much as I love HM, Tot, and others. The main chamber of Indy with the fire everywhere, rope bridge, skull facade, etc. is the most impressive single piece of visual imagineering I can think of in all of Disney (only counting DL and WDW).

I would love to see Indy come to WDW and there is still room for improvement in a couple of the ride elements to make it even better. This ride a DHS near the existing Indy stunt show would really balance out that park.

CaptSmee
02-20-2009, 01:09 AM
While I would love to see the attraction added to WDW, I just can't see it happening if it hasn't yet.