PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Question

moe513
02-17-2009, 01:51 PM
I believe the rooms have been recently renovated. I was wondering if the new couch/day bed lays flat to make a bigger sleep area. The picture I found looks like a couch only.

thanks

Johnno52
02-17-2009, 02:21 PM
We were there 2 weeks ago on the 4th floor and the couch pulled out to a traditional bed. The mattress is not that thick however.

moe513
02-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for your reply but I am interested in the daybed in a standard room with 2 queens not a pull out sleep sofa ina couch.

Disneyfamilyof3
02-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi:mickey:

I just asked the same thing a week ago; some kind person looked it up and told me that the day beds at the BWI are *junior* day beds,... Meant for relatively small people or kids 10 and under. However, a few people who responded to my post told me they slept comfortably on the daybeds and were in the5'1" 115 lb. range.

HTH;

Sim:marg:

moe513
02-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Disneyfamily of 3, Hi, My teen daughter does fine on the YC day bed but the picture I found of the BW daybed looked like a couch. It looked much smaller than the YC.
Im thinking of trying the BW but need to put a teenager on the day bed. I guess Im tring to compare the day beds at the 2 resorts.

Disneyfamilyof3
02-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey Moe;:mickey:

I had the same exact dilemma; that's why I opted to switch to Y/BC instead of staying with the BWI ressies. Also, the clown pool at BWI scares me , LOL :blush:

tikiman
02-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Anyone larger than a small kid will not fit on the Boardwalk daybed to sleep.

BrerGnat
02-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Okay, just out of curiosity, why are the daybeds at the BWI any different from the daybeds at all the other WDW resorts?

I know BEFORE the room renovations, the daybeds were different, but didn't they change them when they redid the rooms? Aren't they all the same size now property wide?

Septbride2002
02-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey Moe;:mickey:

I had the same exact dilemma; that's why I opted to switch to Y/BC instead of staying with the BWI ressies. Also, the clown pool at BWI scares me , LOL :blush:

Us boardwalk fans keep the pool that way to scare away the newbies ;)

Disneyfamilyof3
02-18-2009, 08:08 PM
LOL! Good Job!:thumbsup::marg:

moe513
02-19-2009, 09:39 AM
My DH is afrais of clowns too.
Its hard to keep up with the day beds because they have renovated the resorts.
Some of them the back used to go down like a futon.
The YC one is pretty deep on the seat part and doesnt have bulky arms. My teen did fine.
The BW has just been redone and Im unsure if the picture I found was a couch or day bed.

tikiman
02-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Okay, just out of curiosity, why are the daybeds at the BWI any different from the daybeds at all the other WDW resorts?

I know BEFORE the room renovations, the daybeds were different, but didn't they change them when they redid the rooms? Aren't they all the same size now property wide?

Not all Deluxe standard rooms are the same size. Polynesian and COntemporary have very large day beds but their rooms can be 100 sqft larger.

moe513
02-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I know the Contemporary has large day beds. I think the Poly does too but we like the Epcot locaion.
You know location, location, location.

tikiman
02-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes Polynesian and Contemporary always had large daybeds and since their redesign a few years ago they are even bigger because they fold down.

I was not suggesting you change to those resorts, I was just explaining that they are different and why they have the room for larger daybeds.

I like the Epcot resorts and Epcot is my favorite park but I find it much easier to get to the park from the Polynesian than from the Boardwalk.

tikiman
02-20-2009, 10:14 AM
I just saw photos of the new Boardwalk rooms and it looks like the rooms with two queens do have a large daybed that looks like a couch and the back folds down to be large enough to sleep an adult.