PDA

View Full Version : Current crowd levels?

Crow
02-17-2009, 12:28 PM
with my upcoming firsttime holiday Easter wk visit, Im trying to gauge how the crowds might be.
anyone there recently? Presidents Day or just before?
Any thoughts on how Easter wk 12-19 might be this year?

Iluvpooh
02-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Just got back yesterday. All I can say is the 4 & 3 deal is working!! It was super busy all week. We thought we would avoid crowds and go the AK and MGM on Sat. & Sun. Boy if they were that busy, I would have hated to see what MK and EPCOT looked like on V-day!!

Tink276
02-17-2009, 05:03 PM
We just got back Sunday & I agree the parks were packed all week!! When we got there on Feb. 6th the cheerleaders were still there, but leaving out on the 8th or 9th, so we thought it was going to lighten up. Boy was I wrong!! Another big problem, the parks did not have all of their Fastpass Machines going! My advice, checkout the extended hour days, check out the days of Fantasmic and steer clear of those days! Disney has used their slower days for this, which apparently went against everything we planned for!! When I talked to people, it seemed many people did the 4 night/3 night free pkg. & did not have hoppers, therefore they went to the parks that had longer hours or a big show going on! Fantasmic was originally scheduled for Mon. at 7, but when the schedule came out that Sun. they added an 8:30 show as well! The 1st show was standing room only by 6:30 & they started the 1st show at 6:45! When we came out you should have seen the people waiting for the next show! Unbelievable!! Definitely not what we were expecting during a slow or "value" time of year! Either our economy is not as bad as we hear or people or just going to vacation hell or high water!! I would definitely expect large crowds and long lines during Easter. I know at least 4 families in my children's school going then as well! Having said all of that, we found that if we were at the parks at opening we accomplished a lot before noon! Most people are still getting ready or eating breakfast at opening so you can pull fastpasses 1st thing & get to the next. Me & my kids stood in one line while my husband ran & got fastpasses for another! It worked for us!! We were able to do everything we wanted to do! Good Luck & Enjoy!

NicksNitro
02-17-2009, 05:10 PM
We got back last Thursday:(. We usually go this time of year every year and it was busier for sure!!! Cheerleader competitions are every weekend through March according to CM's. There is no economic downfall at Disney!!!!:mickey:

Crow
02-17-2009, 08:24 PM
now Im starting to worry:(

Buttercup
02-17-2009, 09:15 PM
I won't lie to you - we went the week leading up to Easter back in 2007 and it was harsh. I've never seen it so packed. During the fireworks at night, half our group was stranded on the bridge from the castle to Tomorrowland without an inch to move on either side. We didn't even want to watch the fireworks but you absolutely couldn't move because everyone was shoulder-to-shoulder. :crowd:
It also took us about 15 minutes to walk down Main Street when we arrived that day, trying to weave in and out of all the people.

Just pack your patience in your suitcase and make the best of it! Disney World is still Disney World after all! :mickey:

magicofdisney
02-17-2009, 09:43 PM
We were at MK on Valentine's Day and it was very crowded. This is my second Saturday at the MK in a couple of weeks (I usually avoid the weekends) and it's been crazy. If you can believe it, the TTA has had a line that extended almost to Space Mountain both times. You know it's bad when the TTA is backed up.

Iluvpooh
02-17-2009, 09:52 PM
We were at MK on Valentine's Day and it was very crowded. This is my second Saturday at the MK in a couple of weeks (I usually avoid the weekends) and it's been crazy. If you can believe it, the TTA has had a line that extended almost to Space Mountain both times. You know it's bad when the TTA is backed up.
So true-for the first time EVER-I was asked by a CM to exit the TTA! I always ride several times in a row.

KevMcNJ
02-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Last Mon, Tues, &Wed we pretty much owned the place. Short lines everywhere

Went to AK for the first time ever and saw everything we wanted to see and rode everything we wanted to ride by 1:30

Even rode Everest twice.

Firday, MK was PACKED we didnt hurry to get there and had to Fast pass Jungle cruise

Rode a couple other rides and got out fast
All the best rides were 50+ minute wait
Im spoiled anything over 25 minutes and we dont stop so we left and went back to the hotel

The wife took a nap, I took beer and a book to the pool. A pretty good afternoon for both of us!

Im sure it got worse form Thursday onward because of the long wknd