PDA

View Full Version : Help with Pepper Market question

Tinkerbellaella
02-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Does anyone know if the Pepper Market is a quick service or a table service. I was looking at the menu and I find it hard to believe with the prices and menu options it would be a quick service. Like the steak for $17.95... a quick service??

goofy78
02-17-2009, 05:32 AM
I believe it is a quick service. But someone should be along to correct me if I am wrong.

IamBelle
02-17-2009, 06:49 AM
I am sorry, I have never heard of it. Where is it?

DisneyWFan
02-17-2009, 07:17 AM
I have been to the Pepper Market and it is a Quick Service. The only difference is you have a "waiter" to get your drinks and keep your table clear so they add a 10% tip onto your check automatically. We love this place because it is unlike the usual burger, pizza, and chicken Quick Service

Disney Doll
02-17-2009, 09:46 AM
It is quick service, but it's a higher quality quick service than most. They have a large variety of food. You can take your meals to go and avoid the gratuity if you want. We kind of prefer that anyway because we can eat out on the patio or back in our room. I've never tried their steak, but I would probably avoid eating steak at a place that wasn't a steak house, know what I mean? I had breakfast at Pepper Market (eggs, bacon, biscuits) and I had quesadillas both of which were

vicster
02-17-2009, 09:48 AM
It is definitely a counter service and the best food court I've seen. They have different stations set up with different types of food. Definitely go there!

Mousemates
02-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Pepper market is a restaurant that seems to create a love it or hate it reaction. We only ate there once (hence we are in the hate-it category...for our one experience was bad...
first there was the lazy wait staff ( they stood in a corner beverage room and talked without bothering to refill our drinks) excessive prices bland tasting food and some cleanliness issues (like the girl working the mexican food area who dropped her latex glove on the dirty floor behind the counter and then picked it up off the ground, put it backon and picked up food from a serving and put it on a plate with the nasty glove).

Now, from having grown up in a restaurant and worked in several in a resort area as a teenager, I know that these kinds of things happen from time ot time at many restaurants, especially if a shift manager is not on duty for some reason. so, I certainly am not saying that our experience is the norm for the Pepper Market...however, once i have had that kind of experience at a restaurant I don't second chance them...I have no reason to...there are plenty of other options available to me.

ThanxForNoticin
02-17-2009, 12:18 PM
It is definitely a counter service and the best food court I've seen. They have different stations set up with different types of food. Definitely go there!

We're also on the positive side of the ledger for Pepper Market. Good food relatively fast, with lots of options. We've eaten there many times and recommend it whenever asked.

stitchaholic
02-17-2009, 02:33 PM
i am in the hate it category too,it's too much trpouble to be a quick service,but is classified as one,it is somewhere in between.
i much preffered cafe rix next door for something quick to eat,the quiche was awesome and so was the gelato!

Tinkerbellaella
02-17-2009, 02:46 PM
I was looking at is as a nice alternative to the typical quick service menus. We have added on the quick service dining plan and when I saw this menu I was wondering if it qualified. If it does it will be a nice change to have a meal or two there.

PetefromRI
02-17-2009, 04:21 PM
We also love the Pepper Market and yes,the steak is considered a QS meal,one of the best bargains in Disney World.We learned on our last trip that if your on the DDP,you didn't have to tip,maybe I should rephrase this,they don't add the 10% to the reciept.We still liked to leave something on the table though.

jrkcr
02-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Love it!! It is the best quick service place anywhere!! Especially a great deal if you're on the dining plan. The only thing not great is their desserts.(pasteries)

comicguy
02-18-2009, 10:32 AM
We ate here for the first time this past Aug.

Foe a QS it was pretty darn good. (Rib eye as a QS meal:cool:)

It is a bit confusing as to what was on the plan and not(as far as deserts) but CM's were willing to help out without any problem.

I look forward to eating here again, this Aug. when we go back.

ilovemyjj31
03-07-2009, 10:55 PM
yes, it is quick service type, it is more expensive than any other place I have been too...but the food was good!! I had breakfast there in the morning, and it was sooooo good, then the last day we ate at the maya grill, bleck!!! Now that was horrible!! The one night i got this burito, i swear it had to weight 8 lbs..it was soooo big...it was sooo good!! Like 10 bucks for the darn thig, but it coulda fed 3 people!! Anyway..I think restrants in Disney are a hit or miss thing, some days there good, other days just stink..so I hope that helped in some way!!:cool:

Crow
03-08-2009, 01:14 AM
as stated above, its a counter service w employees who bring you drinks & clear the table.
very good from what i had. Steak was on the DDP as a CS credit, not sure if it still is.
i also ordered a calzone for take out once, which avoided the 10% charge.

kathiep
03-08-2009, 09:15 AM
It is definately better than the CS option at the other moderate resorts. More variety of choices and better quality food.