PDA

View Full Version : Capt. Jack show by POTC

TheVBs
02-16-2009, 07:06 PM
I was just looking at the schedule on the WDW site and noticed that it does not list times for this show. I noticed they do list the Storytime with Belle times, which is awesome! But, is this something they ever put on the calendar, or the Times Guide? Or, is it one of those things that you just have to be there at the right time for? Thanks! :mickey:

Altair
02-16-2009, 07:37 PM
10:15, 11:20, 12:25, 2:15, 3:20, and 4:25. Between Jungle Cruise and Pirates.:mickey:
It's been these times for three years.
You can get all show times by doing a search for Walt Disney World Live Entertainment. The times rarely change from week to week.

TheVBs
02-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh wow! Thank you so much! I will definitely search that section on the site. I don't always do well navigating there. I really appreciate the info! :mickey:

Figment!
02-16-2009, 10:36 PM
The most accurate source for all published entertainment is the Times & Events Guide at the park, the day-of.

You can view a the Walt Disney World Shows & Entertainment Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/entertainment.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central for a general guide to published entertainment and the Hidden Treasures & Surprises (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central for a general guide to non-published entertainment.

The times rarely change from week to week.Although typically true for this show, it is not true for all shows as exact times more than rarely vary from week to week.

Altair
02-17-2009, 08:45 AM
The most accurate source for all published entertainment is the Times & Events Guide at the park, the day-of.

The times for the Pirate Tutorial are not listed in the daily guide for some reason. You need the times before hand or ask a CM.:mickey:

Figment!
02-17-2009, 09:27 AM
The times for the Pirate Tutorial are not listed in the daily guide for some reason. You are correct. :thumbsup:

At the time the INTERCOT Guide was created, the tutorial was listed in the daily Time & Events guide, but that is evidently no longer the case. The Staff will rectify that error as part of our rolling-updates over the next several weeks.

Guest Services would also be another place to check the day of to see if any typical showtimes have been canceled or moved.

GothMickey
02-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Is this show even still offered? I thought Disney was taking the Captain Jack walk around character out of the parks.

Figment!
02-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I thought Disney was taking the Captain Jack walk around character out of the parks.I believe this only happened at Disneyland.

The Pirate Tutorial was still running strong at the Magic Kingdom when we were there in December 2008.

TheVBs
02-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Thank you everyone! And thank you for the links Figment! I had totally misunderstood and thought the info was on the WDW site. The info here is so helpful. :mickey: I have to learn my way around a little more.

Is this an event we should plan to show up early for? I know the girls would love to be a part of it. Are there any tips for getting chosen for the show?

GothMickey
02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
I believe this only happened at Disneyland.

The Pirate Tutorial was still running strong at the Magic Kingdom when we were there in December 2008.

Disneyland only? Thank you. I wasn't sure.

Altair
02-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Is this an event we should plan to show up early for? I know the girls would love to be a part of it. Are there any tips for getting chosen for the show?

Since the showtimes are not published, crowds do not usually build up early. A few minutes before the show Mac comes out and lays a rope on the ground. Try to be next to the rope. When they ask for volunteers have the kids be very enthusiastic about getting picked. Disney loves enthusiasm. Later in the show most kids can come up and be sworn in to be prirates by Jack.
These observations are from the off-season.:mickey:

TheVBs
02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks again! We'll do that. I know Thing 2 will be very enthusiastic. Thing 1 is a little more shy. We'll take the schedule from here. I assume even if it's not on the TG most CMs know when it will be going on?

joelkfla
02-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I assume even if it's not on the TG most CMs know when it will be going on?
Not necessarily.

The best source would be City Hall, or the hostess at the Tip Board in front of Casey's at the head of Main Street.

bob6572
02-19-2009, 06:05 PM
In Jan 24-31, Capt Jack was not around. They only had Capt Hook andMr Smee. The area where the show was was empty.

dream6
02-19-2009, 08:26 PM
I hope this is still there when I go! I'll be there in a week and a half, and this was something I really wanted to see the last time I was there. Unfortunately we never seemed to time it right. Fingers crossed!