PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gatherings

conwayjohn71
02-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I heard that with a GG, you can book a safari meal package with a private safari and a buffet dinner

Is this covered with the dinning plan?

What is the food offered?
What is on the kids menu?

Do you eat then go on the safari or is it the other way around?

Figment!
02-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Is this covered with the dinning plan? The Safari Celebration Dinner is redeemable for 2 Table Service Credits per person. As with other Grand Gathering Experiences, this experience is only available for groups of 8 or more.
What is the food offered?

Do you eat then go on the safari or is it the other way around? See the official description below:
In this Grand Gathering Experience, guests gather in the exotic city of Harambe at Disney's Animal KingdomŪ Theme Park for high adventure on the Kilimanjaro Safari.

During the Safari Celebration Dinner you and your party will take a journey on Disney Kilimanjaro Safari Parties journey through the park's authentic African plains and across the sweeping, baobab-studded savanna, spotting giraffes, elephants and other wild African creatures with their own private guide.

Following this special safari, guests move to the Tusker House Restaurant where they meet their host who welcomes them to a delicious dinner served family style consisting of chicken, vegetables, assorted Artesian breads and more.

During dinner, guests have the opportunity to get an up close animal experience with one of the Animal Programs Keepers, who arrive with a live animal and answer any questions that guests may have about the Kilimanjaro Safari or Disney's Animal KingdomŪ Theme Park.

As a special part of the celebration, the host introduces two very special residents of Disney's Animal KingdomŪ who wanted to stop by, Terk and Timon! Guests have the opportunity to enjoy a meet-and-greet with these lovable Disney characters.

What is on the kids menu?I have not been able to determine that there is one, but hopefully an INTERCOTee who has done this experience can answer for sure one way or the other.

yjgirl32
02-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Cool! I can't wait. We are hoping to experience this on our next visit. I am a huge animal lover and so is my DS5. With an extra added bonus of meeting Timon.