PDA

View Full Version : EMH & Getting Back to Your Car

WeLuvBuzz
02-16-2009, 07:30 AM
For our December trip we will probably drive to AK in the am for EMH at 7am so we can sleep as long as possible and still be there by 7. We are planning on ending the day at EMH at DHS that goes until 11 (I am using historical EMH info to plan this trip for a party of 12 and do realize this may change when actual hours and EMH info is published). If we use Disney transportation for the rest of the day will it be an issue getting back to our car at AK as that park will definitely close earlier than any part that has EMH that evening. We are staying at Ft. Wilderness and is is much easier to drive to the park in the morning and back at night then taking internal buses and external buses from the campground.

BMan62
02-16-2009, 07:53 AM
If the park is closed and everyone is out, there will be no more visitor buses running to it that night.

Plan on driving either back to your resort, or to the park you intend to finish the day at.

alilprincessmom99
02-16-2009, 09:19 AM
with Bman62. When you are done with your day at AK, you will probably need to drive your car to the park you plan on finishing off the day at. That to me seems like the easiest thing to do.

TheRustyScupper
02-16-2009, 09:54 AM
1) Busses run to AK for about 1½ hrs after closing.
2) The AK parking lot closes 2-hrs after park closing.
3) After that, you cannot get your car, even taking a taxi to AK.

Example:
. . . AK closes at 6:00pm
. . . buses stop going to AK about 7:30pm
. . . lot is open until 8:00pm
. . . DHS closes at 9:00pm
. . . you can't get into AK lot

joelkfla
02-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Sorry, but the previous replies are wrong.

Park-to-Park buses run until both parks are clear of guests.

Specifically, from DHS the bus to AKL will drop guests at DAK if the dedicated park-to-park bus has stopped running.

BMan62
02-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks, joelk, I sit corrected.

That's why it's nice to have actual CMs in here to straighten us out!!!

joelkfla
02-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks.

I hope I didn't sound too harsh. I was trying to be firm but not rude. Maybe I should have said "misinformed" rather than "wrong".

CaptSmee
02-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Sorry, but the previous replies are wrong.

Park-to-Park buses run until both parks are clear of guests.

Specifically, from DHS the bus to AKL will drop guests at DAK if the dedicated park-to-park bus has stopped running.

I can account for this 1st hand. You will be able to get back to your vehicle.