PDA

View Full Version : do gift cards expire?

teamblackwell
02-16-2009, 01:08 AM
I'm thinking of using Disney Visa dollars to buy disney gift cards from the Disney website. Do these gift cards expire or loss there value if unused?
Thanks

DizneyRox
02-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Good question... I think it can depend on the state. Where I live, they can't, but I thought I remember when Disney first started their gift card program they were thinking of an inactivity type fee. Maybe they ditched that...

csdavis
02-16-2009, 08:53 AM
When I called a couple of months ago, there was no expiration and no fees. You may want to check again because of everything going on. We had some from Christmas 2007 that we used this Jan. and still have some left because we had to leave unexpectantly. I guess I should call too!

Magic Smiles
02-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Speaking of gift cards.......can Disney gift cards purchased in WDW be used in Disneyland?
We have one that we bought and loaded at Typhoon Lagoon and still have over $150.00 on.

teamblackwell
02-18-2009, 04:45 PM
This is from the wdw website.

The Disney Gift Card can only be used at select participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disney Store locations in the US, and DisneyShopping.com. See participating locations for details or visit DisneyGiftCard.com for more information about the Disney Gift Card program. Other restrictions may apply. Subject to change without notice. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards will not be replaced without required proof of purchase.

• At the Walt Disney World® Resort, the Disney Gift Card can be redeemed at select merchandise, food, ticketing, Guest Service locations, as well as Resort Hotel room nights. Not accepted or valid at all locations. Reload in any amount between $5 and $1500 at select locations throughout the Disney World® Resort. Ability to reload is not available online.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-18-2009, 07:21 PM
So is it true that you can take Visa Reward Dollars that do expire, purchase Disney Gift Cards that do not expire, and effectively preserve your Visa Reward Dollars forever?

teamblackwell
02-18-2009, 11:47 PM
I have a rewards card coming in the mail next week. I'm gonna try to buy a gift card with it. I'll let you know if it works, or not.