PDA

View Full Version : Coronado or Carribean?

roryjulie
02-15-2009, 12:01 PM
We're thinking of adding one night at WDW after a cruise and we've narrowed it to Carrib or Coronado since we've not been there together (we've done the POR & POFQ-- wanted a moderate though). Which do you recommend?

wdwnutz
02-15-2009, 12:54 PM
We love CS, very relaxing! It is very big, but I think they had 4 bus stops. Their pool and hot tub is the nicest we have seen. Just make sure to request a room close to the main building. They do have golf carts that will pick you up along the way (unless you have a stroller). Also they have a great CS foodcourt!

GoofyforFun
02-15-2009, 01:38 PM
We stayed there and loved it . It also is a larger resort, so depending on what your needs are?? A house just across the bridge is a just perfect for a small walk to the food court and the bus pu is just over the parking lot behind the resort so we had no complaints there as well.:thumbsup:
They all have there special things that make them different for everyones needs and likes.

Beast_fanatic
02-15-2009, 07:45 PM
I would vote for Coronado Springs as they have 2 queen beds in a standard room rather than 2 double beds, and I'd much rather have a queen than a double.

RAIDER
02-16-2009, 05:27 AM
I have never stayed at the CS but the CBR 3 times and i love it there . The private pools are lovely and the atmosphere is soo relaxing. Ive heard at the food hall at the CS you have to leave tips at the pepper market ?? ...

But either way as we looked at staying at the CS i dont think you can go wrong either way ...Have a pleasent stay whichever you choose :thumbsup:

Mousemates
02-16-2009, 10:32 AM
I would choose CSR for the larger bed and resort theming (CBR to us just felt like anyplace else in Florida, which isn't necessarily bad because florida is good...but it just didn't have an exotic feel to us). Our only real knock on the place was the Pepper Market (we had our all time worst WDW dining experience there in December-so we'd suggest you eat elsewhwere if this is your choice.)

Disney Doll
02-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I have stayed at both and definitely prefer CS. We haven't stayed at CBR since the rehab, but I just think CS has a better theme and is so pretty. The pool is beautiful and we ate several of our meals on the patio by the lake. It's just a very calm and relaxing environment. The queen beds were nice too.

ThanxForNoticin
02-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Another vote for Coronado. It's a really nice place with an awesome pool. And with due respect to another posting here, we love Pepper Market. We find the variety, selection, and freshness of the food to be very good. We've eaten at PM more than a dozen times - a few times even when we're not staying at CS - the only food court type of place we would seek out at Disney.

kathiep
02-17-2009, 03:34 PM
CSR. Better pool and better food.

King Triton
02-17-2009, 07:38 PM
To be honest with you, for one night, I don't think it makes much difference. I've stayed at CBR and enjoyed it and I've heard lots of good things about Coronado and hope to stay there sometime soon.

jrkcr
02-17-2009, 08:39 PM
We have been to both, and now always stay at CSR. Better pool and hot tub, bigger beds, and we like the food court. In the evenings, get :marg: and sit out by the water. So pretty!!

Iluvpooh
02-17-2009, 09:51 PM
CSR hands down. Unless you can be assured of getting a refurbed room at CBR.

javamama
02-18-2009, 12:43 AM
I've only stayed at CS, so it gets my vote. It was beautiful, great room, pool, like one of the pp the buses and walks are a little bit of a pita but not terrible.

MNNHFLTX
02-18-2009, 10:18 AM
I have to throw in another recommendation for Coronado Springs. I prefer the theming, and the main pool is huge (as well as the hot tub). There's more of a variety of food choices also, in my opinion.

spoonful of sugar
02-18-2009, 12:18 PM
my mom absolutely loves coronado springs and mom always knows best right? my husband and i are staying there for our first time this april and are really looking forward to it from what my mom has told me and the current rehab. to the rooms and the pics. i have seen of them. i think it would be a great choice. they also offer rooms with a king bed guaranteed!

buzz2001
02-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Csr!!