PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania MANIA!!!

MickeyMousse
02-15-2009, 11:44 AM
We just got back and were only able to ride Toy Story Mania once and that was after a 45 minute wait on line! It was the shortest line wait we saw during our entire trip, and fastpass was always sold out. It was worth the 45 minute wait one time only for us. It was fun and different and we're glad we were able to experience it.
Oh, and for those of us who have back/knee issues, there are 2 sets of stairs you need to climb on line, 6 at a time.

SBETigg
02-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm thinking that will be the case for us during our April trip, too. We'll be lucky to ride it once. We don't really spend a lot of time in DHS and we're only doing a short trip this time anyway. Thanks for the report.

SubNET3
02-15-2009, 11:54 AM
great addition to DS, alot better than Buzz Light Year!

DizneyFreak2002
02-15-2009, 11:57 AM
TSM is a fun ride... I wouldn't classify it as great, but, it is fun.... A more than welcomed addition to a park that needs some help....

MickeyMousse
02-15-2009, 11:59 AM
TSM is a fun ride... I wouldn't classify it as great, but, it is fun.... A more than welcomed addition to a park that needs some help....

:ditto:
DHS is in need of alot of help....we can be in and out of the park in less than 2 hours! It is the one park we can skip and not feel like we've missed out on anything.:(

disneyholic2
02-15-2009, 12:29 PM
:mickey:OK Here's the secret to TSM. Go to the ride right at park opening. Skip the Fasspass, straight to line. Now this is something I noticed back last September, that the people in line didn't take the time to look at the que. I mean the attention to detail with the board games, viewmaster etc, it was amazing. when you are done the ride return immediately and ride it again. at the end of that ride, the fastpasses should still be available for later that day.

:mickey:Now in response to DHS needing help? You only need to look, First off there is the animation studio where you can learn do draw one of you favaourite disney characters, there is the great movie ride, Star Tours, etc. I may be a crazy Canadian, and we do not have anything close to being equivalent in Canada, but our last trip we spend a good 35% of our visit at DHS.

:thumbsup::cloud9:

Mfarquar
02-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Need help? I must agree with disneyholic2. Disneyholic2's plan works like a charm EVERY time!

I think the queue for TSM is Disney Imagineering at its best. The details are phenomenal (especially the fact that all of the crayons are worn down to different degrees). Mr. Potato head is a hoot! I don't know if anyone else has found this, but MANY times our wait was only about 1/2 of the actual line time. When it said 65, we waited 30-35. One time it said 45 and we only waited 15. This was back in September 2008, but sometimes I think Disney ups the wait time to discourage the line from getting too long.

As for the park itself needing help, ToT is my favorite ride of all time. We always ride it a million times (again, great attention to detail, and just a lot of fun). Rockin' Rollercoaster is a blast, the Great Movie Ride is classic, and Lights Motor Action! is the best stunt show I've ever seen (runs circles - literally and figuratively - around Universal stunt shows). Plus, to get a REAL Disney experience, One Man's Dream puts it all in perspective.

It's all worth the wait and the mania!

playdead88
02-15-2009, 01:13 PM
im glad that dhs added a new cool ride like TSM but i agree that dhs is one of my faves! we love it there :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
02-15-2009, 01:30 PM
We got to the park at opening, got our fast passes first and then got right in line. We rode it twice in a row with a minimal wait. We got in the regular line again for the third time but the line was very slow then so we used the fast passes. :mickey:

javamama
02-15-2009, 02:56 PM
oooohhh, I can't wait until April 27th:D It sounds like my kiddos will love it, since they love the movies(and dh and I do too)

jetsdc
02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
take babies on this ride on your lap? I have heard both sides - and since there is no height restriction I assume that you can take a baby. Anyone able to confirm?

Disney Doll
02-16-2009, 11:25 AM
I've heard conflicting info as well. All I can say is that I was allowed to take my 12 month old in Oct of '08 and again at 15 month in Jan '09.

LudwigVonDrake
02-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I think TSM is a great ride but you gotta get there early for your fastpasses because they run out quickly.

mom2morgan
02-16-2009, 01:46 PM
DHS is in need of alot of help....we can be in and out of the park in less than 2 hours! It is the one park we can skip and not feel like we've missed out on anything.:(

hmm....it's my second favourite park (after MK). We went in December and what with one thing and another decided to only go to DHS for 2-3 hours and then do Downtown Disney. We never made it to DD! We were at DHS for 7 hours and still didn't feel like we'd done all we wanted to, or as often as we wanted to.

#1donaldfan
02-16-2009, 02:03 PM
DHS is a great park, far from our fav, but great ..... TSM was a 2.5 hour wait over NYE so to see a 45 min wait would be GREAT !! We usually open the park, ride standby, FP it after, then head over to TOT, RRC riding standby, head over to Star Tours, maybe even a Indiana show, slip over to Muppets 3D, then back to TSM......that pretty much sums up our day at the studio's....:cool:

Suz36
02-16-2009, 10:55 PM
We were lucky enough to ride it 3 times at the beginning of the month, and absolutely loved it! My DH beat us every time, and I can't figure out why.:confused:

CleveRocks
02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
take babies on this ride on your lap? I have heard both sides - and since there is no height restriction I assume that you can take a baby. Anyone able to confirm?

Are you talking about a small baby, like a baby that you have to hold because he/she can't sit up? I'd skip it.

The fun of the ride is the shooting game. I can't imagine it would be any fun at all if you aren't playing the game (if you've been on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin then you kind of know what I mean). In order to play, you need two hands one to aim the shooter and one to repeatedly pull back on the string to actually shoot.

AXOAlum
02-17-2009, 12:13 PM

Yep - we took DD (then 6mos old - Sept 08) and she sat on my lap every time (oh, once on Grandma's lap) with no problem. Just make sure that you keep your arm all the way around them (so in other words, if he/she is sitting on your left leg, wrap your left arm all the way around, as if to touch your stomach). This helps with the sudden jerks and turns that will catch you off guard. I was able to ride/play and have a good time (and pretty good score) with no trouble... of course being a mommy, you learn to do a lot with just one hand :)

AdventurerKim
02-17-2009, 01:29 PM
This is the coolest new ride ever! I can't wait to ride again! :number1:

CaptSmee
02-17-2009, 06:27 PM

Wow. I'm suprised with this comment. There are some high quality attractions at DHS. TOT, RNR, TSM, Great Movie RIde, Star Tours, Muppetvision, Beauty & the Beast, Fantasmic. 2 hrs? No way, not for us.

MickeyMousse
02-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Wow. I'm suprised with this comment. There are some high quality attractions at DHS. TOT, RNR, TSM, Great Movie RIde, Star Tours, Muppetvision, Beauty & the Beast, Fantasmic. 2 hrs? No way, not for us.

My DH can not ride any of the thrill rides, so TOT and RNR are out. My DSx2 feel too old for Muppetvision, not into Little Mermaid or Beast...really, the only rides we can go on as a family without a fight are Star Tours and Toy Story Mania these days!!!

RedSoxFan
02-17-2009, 08:16 PM
We loved TSM. We got fast passes the first day and waited an hour the second day. The que was amazing --- just loved it (although not the 1 hour wait). Mr. Potato Head was fun to listen to. As for DHS, it's one of my favorite parks.