PDA

View Full Version : Need another dinner!

mouseketeer mom
02-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Ohana's is our traditional first night dinner! Well, we just added a day, and moved our Ohana's night to our new first day. Now we need a dinner for our second day!!
Here's what I'm thinking:
T-Rex -only because its new, never been, we like to build DDD into our trip. Worried it will be annoying and overpriced..:blush:
Raglan Road- Think the menu sounds yummy. We've never been
LTT- Have only been once, and we really liked it. I know there are no characters, but that doesn't matter to us. We will be at MK during the day, it might be nice to stay close to the MK and our resort this first full day.
WCC- Haven't been in years, have loved it, its a hop, skip and a jump from the Poly.
I'm open to ANY suggestions too. Tell me where to book!

SBETigg
02-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Lisa, we had a great meal and a good time at Raglan Road. If you'll be in the Downtown Disney area, I would give it a shot. I just read a review of T Rex that made it sound, yes, annoying and overpriced. If you like Rainforest Cafe or the kids are of an age to be impressed, you might try it. Otherwise, I would pass.

MickeyMousse
02-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Teppan Edo in Epcot!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

KatMark
02-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Truthfully, we didn't care for WCC when we were there in September. Had terrible service and the food made my DH ill. If you want to stay close to MK where you plan on being that day, may I suggest the Plaza Restaurant. We love going here as a change of pace from all the heavy meals we eat the rest of the trip. They have great sandwiches, salads, shakes and wonderful desserts.

ElenitaB
02-15-2009, 05:46 PM
How about LTT... but for lunch? The menu is quite varied and good. We really enjoyed our mid-day break there. For dinner, what about Cali Grill?

iheartdisney
02-15-2009, 05:52 PM
How about LTT... but for lunch? The menu is quite varied and good. We really enjoyed our mid-day break there.

My suggestion, exactly! We like to have our sit down meal in the middle of the day a few times during our trip. And since you'll already be at MK I think LTT is a great choice. We love the food selection.

VWL Mom
02-15-2009, 07:26 PM
If you want to stay close to MK where you plan on being that day, may I suggest the Plaza Restaurant. We love going here as a change of pace from all the heavy meals we eat the rest of the trip. They have great sandwiches, salads, shakes and wonderful desserts.
:ditto:
We tried this on our last trip and were pleasantly surprised. Reasonably priced, good food, great shakes! I must have passed it hundreds of times over the years but never even took notice of it until I read about it here. It was a welcome change.

mouseketeer mom
02-16-2009, 03:11 PM
:ditto:
We tried this on our last trip and were pleasantly surprised. Reasonably priced, good food, great shakes! I must have passed it hundreds of times over the years but never even took notice of it until I read about it here. It was a welcome change.

We booked the Plaza for lunch and Tokyo dining for dinner on this day. Thanks for all the suggestions about the Plaza. Someplace new to try!

KatMark
02-16-2009, 09:25 PM
We booked the Plaza for lunch and Tokyo dining for dinner on this day. Thanks for all the suggestions about the Plaza. Someplace new to try!

Enjoy! Be sure to save room for the hot fudge sundae or one of the other yummy desserts.

ThanxForNoticin
02-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Here's what I'm thinking:
T-Rex -only because its new, never been, we like to build DDD into our trip. Worried it will be annoying and overpriced..

I know you have already made your decision, and you have some very good choices. But I can tell you that there have been many more good reviews of T-Rex than bad. We ate there in January, had a great time and really enjoyed the food - they actually have a pretty wide variety. Overpriced? No more than most other Disney restaurants.

Maybe something to consider again on a future trip. Enjoy your meals!

Love of Disney
02-20-2009, 11:20 PM
It may be a bit out of your way, but we REALLY like the Mayan Grill at the Coronado Springs. We found it to have a great selections and a really nice atmosphere.

disneynarula
02-28-2009, 02:40 PM
We all really enjoyed the Wolfgang Puck Cafe in DTD.