PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated Attraction

gresh00
02-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Not sure if this has ever been posted before, but I'm looking for everyone's most underrated attraction. This would be an attraction you don't really hear much about (whether good or bad), but one that you really do enjoy and look forward to going on before your trip. Here's a few of mine:

Magic Kingom - Country Bears, COP
Epcot - Ellen's Universe of Energy
Studios: MuppetVision

Also, I think in terms of most underrated parks I have to go with California Adventure - if you've never been, it really is a great park - something for everyone.

Thanks

crazygoalie39
02-15-2009, 12:07 AM
MK-CoP definitely
Epcot-Ellen and SE isn't very busy after everybody rides it in the morning since it's the first thing they see and it's my FAVORITE ride in all of WDW.
DHS-Not really one but if I had to choose I would say Muppet Vision also.
AK-Flights of Wonder! and I know a lot of people don't like Finding Nemo: The musical but I love it!

DisneyGlutton
02-15-2009, 12:11 AM
MK--Tom Sawyer's Island is good for a romp
Epcot--Spaceship Earth b/c I love it and people tend to flame it
HS--the new Narnia attraction b/c its cool if short
AK--Primeval Whirl is the best mouse type rollercoaster

I picked the more obscure ones (except SE) that I enjoy and are my must-dos.

goofy78
02-15-2009, 02:57 AM
outside of the awesome intercotee's here :rocks: no one i know really know's of maelstrom. i love this ride and to my benefit don't think i have ever really waited for this attraction. i also love the movie at the end. :number1:

as for muppet vision 3D, i absolutely do not think they should ever get rid of this attraction. it is one of my absolute favorites at mgm and i crack up every time i see it. especially the intro with sam eagle and A Net Full of Jello!!! :rotfl:

DixieBelle
02-15-2009, 09:59 AM
no one i know really know's of maelstrom. i love this ride and to my benefit don't think i have ever really waited for this attraction. i also love the movie at the end. :number1: :rotfl:

You are sooo lucky!
It seems like we wait forever to ride Maelstrom. (It is worth it though!)...:thumbsup:

emmatink
02-15-2009, 10:08 AM
MK--carousel of progress
Epcot--Norway Experience
DHS--Definitely Muppet 3D Vision :pepe:
AK--Flights of wonder

Mousemates
02-15-2009, 10:10 AM
MK- COP
Epcot - Journey into Imagination

WDW_Obsessed
02-15-2009, 10:19 AM
MK-CoP and TTA
Epcot-Spaceship Earth and Maelstrom
DHS-Muppet vision
AK-Flight of Wonder

BugeyedMuggy
02-15-2009, 10:44 AM
MK- Treehouse
HS- Memorabilia Shop near entrance.
AK- FOW & Maharaja Jungle trek
EP- Mexico & Friendship Boats

SubNET3
02-15-2009, 11:40 AM
MK - CoP
EPCOT - SSE/The Land/Maelstrom/Mexi Boats
DS-Star Tours
AK - Primeval Whirl

CanadianWDWFan
02-15-2009, 12:05 PM
DHS - One Man's Dream

Plus I do agree about California Adventure, we had a great time when we were there!

DizneyFreak2002
02-15-2009, 12:21 PM
MK - CoP
Epcot - Living With the Land
DHS - MuppetVision
AK - Primeval Whirl

Primeval Whirl is a fun mouse coaster.. May be out of place, but, fun none the less..

Greenlawler
02-16-2009, 01:07 AM
MK - CoP
DHS - MuppetVision
AK - Primeval Whirl

Primeval Whirl is a fun mouse coaster.. May be out of place, but, fun none the less..

Agree with everything except CoP. I think the most underated at MK is Country Bears. I hate how it seems to always get trashed on boards like this. I know it has a lot to do with my love for nostalgia.
Primeval Whirl is a great mouse ride.

Baloofan
02-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Don't laugh--- The Monorail

RAIDER
02-16-2009, 04:51 AM
For me its

Epcot ...The Land & "TheTransporter" in Future Land

AK ...Primevel Whirl

MK ... Speedway

DHS ..One Mans Dream

gueli
02-16-2009, 06:49 AM

Dont Laugh ?
But you made me chuckle out loud.
Because I enjoy it also. And I love to get up front with the driver !

MK- The Walt Disney Rail Road
Epcot- The Living Sea
DH- Muppetvision - Never gets old
AK- The Safari

jaredkari
02-16-2009, 07:42 AM
MK: CoP, TTA, and Hall of Presidents
Epcot: American Adventure
DS: Muppetvision
AK: ???

DakandZakMom
02-16-2009, 09:07 AM
MK: WDW Railroad
DHS: The Great Movie Ride
Epcot: Living With the Land
AK: It's Tough To Be A Bug

:mickey:

alilprincessmom99
02-16-2009, 09:16 AM
MK - CoP
Epcot - SE
DHS - MuppetVision
AK - Flights of Wonder

Those are ones that I really enjoy that you don't hear much about. When you do hear something it isn't that great!

indytraveler
02-16-2009, 11:49 AM
MK - Country Bears, WDW Railroad
Epcot - Elllen's Energy Adventure
HS - Muppets
AK - Maharajah Jungle Trek

CU Tiger
02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
There are not too many posts for or against Mickey’s Philharmagic , but this is my favorite show in the MK!:number1::mickey:

TheVBs
02-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Right now, I'd have to vote for TTA. And, I just found out it's going to be closed while we're there. :(

goofy78
02-16-2009, 04:42 PM

:funny:

ok you had to make me laugh on this one because it is such an awesome ride! i even enjoy waiting for the monorail and especially enjoy riding in the front.

and :welcome: to intercot baloofan!

King Triton
02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
I'd go with:

MK - TTA (while it is very popular here on Intercot, it definitely flies under the radar in the outside world)
Epcot - I'd go with the Imagination Labs
DHS - Backlot Tour
AK - Kali River Rapids (at least when its warm out)

IloveDisney71
02-16-2009, 07:58 PM
One of my family's favorite rides in the MK is the CoP. We would be devastated if it ever closed.
We also enjoy the Primevil Whirl in the AK. It reminds me of the old fashioned carnival rides.

WDWNut02
02-17-2009, 03:29 PM
I do hear many people say the Country Bears should be done away with, but this is one of my "must dos" on every trip. I do believe that they could use a little spruceing up though.

I have much love for the Maelstrom as well.:mickey:

joonyer
02-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Here's another vote for Primeval Whirl in AK as the most underrated attraction. It doesn't get much "press" but it is tons of fun :woohoo: and usually has very little wait time. Our family loves it.

Imagineer1981
02-18-2009, 05:47 PM
My old answer for this would have been Cranium Command, man that was great and so many people skipped it.

My new answer would be

MK - CoP
EPCoT - HISTA
DHS - One Mans Dream
AK - caricature artist...he he

sportsguy2315
02-18-2009, 06:08 PM
as for muppet vision 3D, i absolutely do not think they should ever get rid of this attraction. especially the intro with sam eagle

To paraphrase Sam, "Getting rid of this show is simply unpatriotic!" :)

dream6
02-18-2009, 08:14 PM
One Man's Dream in DHS. I can't leave without visiting this at least once! But I'm also a history fan, so this is the perfect combination :mickey:

kemps@wdw
02-18-2009, 09:15 PM
AK - Jungle Trek
DHS - One Man's Dream
Epcot -Maelstrom
MK - Liberty Belle river boat
All very underated and all very enjoyable!:thumbsup:

Poohluv85
02-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Hmmm most under rated attraction at each park?....
MK: though i love cop and the people mover :) id have to go with philharmagic.... it has so much disney magic yet it never seems full
epcot: maelstrom definently, i love this ride
mgm: one mans dream, another attraction that is never busy. Its such a tribute to Walt im really surprised its not busier.... I always spend about an hour in there. Of course im totally fasinated with the many facets of walt and his company.
and finally i think AK is under rated as a whole, I know there are decent crowds there but still the general opinion doesnt seem to prefer this park, when compared to the others. It isnt my favorite either although it is a very beautiful park.

handmaidenofprincesses
02-19-2009, 08:32 AM
This is a hard question...

MK: CoP (although it seems to have been getting more and more crowded the last few years, which is good, b/c then they can't close it!! :thumbsup:). I'd like to say CBJ, but thats chuck full every time I go.. the only time I hear bad things about it is online :blush: Also, Philharmagic... best 3D movie Disney ever did and I all too often hear people say "Oh its just a movie, lets skip it."

Epcot: The American Adventure! I cannot miss this, we usually see it twice (though I must admit its more for the Voices of Liberty beforehand that we see it a second time!) Also JITIWF- I know a lot of you are always trashing this ride because you want the Dreamfinder back but to be honest, I'm too young to remember him, so I like this ride the way it is just fine! :figment:

DHS: One Man's Dream (although WHY they don't stay open all day is beyond me.. we didnt get to see it last trip, I was bummed)

DAK: PIPA- If you can find PUSH's cousin, he's absolutely hysterical!!

RBrooksC
02-19-2009, 09:16 AM
MK: I would say the TTA. The ride is so simple but it is very relaxing, it gives a good view of the park and gives some downtime without feeling like downtime.

EC: Living with the Land. This is such a great attraction. Again it is relaxing and interesting. It is also the rare attraction that is actually a working attraction.

Darbylew
02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
MK - COP
Ak - Flights of Wonder
DHS - GMR
Epcot - Maelstron
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
31 DAYS! IS IT TIME YET? :confused:

Minniefan68
02-19-2009, 03:04 PM
MK - Philharmagic - never filled to capacity - and we always have such a good time

EPCOT- SE- My kids love it!

DHS- Voyage of the Little Mermaid -My dd's love this one for sure.

elmjimmlm
02-19-2009, 03:29 PM
For me its Mickeys Philharmagic in MK...I could stay in there all day and watch it over and over...

christy78
02-19-2009, 03:52 PM
MK - CoP
DHS - MuppetVision
AK - Primeval Whirl

I agree with all of those. I love them all. :mickey:

PetefromRI
02-19-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm glad to see that someone else likes One Mans Dream at the Studios.I guess it could be tough with little ones but my wife and I absolutly love it,after all,it's the story of the guy who started all this.The models of the parks and castle are cool and the movie at the end is awesome.We also really enjoy Rafiki's Planet Watch,it's very relaxing and informative and the rainforest sound rooms are pretty cool.

MistressGracey999
02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
In the Magic Kingdom, I LOVE Philharmagic. I have seen folks standing outside, then saying, "Oh, it's a show..." and walk off! I am such a Dis nerd that this show actually has moved me to tears. :secret:

In Epcot, I love Living With The Land.

Disney Studios has to be the Sci-Fi, not an attraction per-se, but it is to me. So what if the food's not great! What a cool place to be!

Animal Kingdom, The Flights of Wonder bird show is a hoot (no pun intended)!:D

pittsburgh12
02-20-2009, 12:30 AM
MK- Peter Pans Flight
EPCOT- SE & boat ride in Mexico & Maelestrom
AK- Festival of the Lion King
DS- Great Movie Ride

Dickson Thunder
02-21-2009, 04:31 PM
MK - TTA
Epcot - Figment
DHS - Muppets
AK - Primeval

;)

biodtl
02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
It's funny, because most of us here appreciate TTA, but when I mention it to non-addicts, they say, "What ride?" They either don't know what I am talking about, missed it completely, or don't "get it".

Pat Ryan
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
MK - Mickey's Philharmagic, when we went on it a few days ago we were centered to the screen and about 8 rows back. I forgot how awesome the 3d effects are from those seats... as did my 10 year old son that jumped back when Simba's head popped out.

Epcot - Maelstrom

DHS - Animation Academy where you learn to draw a character. Went there 10x or more before ever seeing this. I can't draw well at all and they actually come out not sucking.

AK - nothing jumps out at me...

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Right now, I'd have to vote for TTA. And, I just found out it's going to be closed while we're there. :(

Don't remind me...we are SOOOO bummed!!:drama:

GoofyforFun
02-28-2009, 09:14 PM
MK - Mickey's Philharmagic so many people don't even know its back there. Getting to much of Dumbo ??

Simba's Mom
03-03-2009, 06:20 PM
One Man's Dream in DHS. I can't leave without visiting this at least once! But I'm also a history fan, so this is the perfect combination :mickey:

:thumbsup:ITA! I'm not a history buff, but I think it should be a "must see" for anyone who goes to WDW. It's got so much information on the history of the man behind the parks that you leave with a greater appreciation. I think it's so sad that it's closing early sometimes.