PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know??

Disneyfamilyof3
02-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone;

Would anyone here know what I can expect , crowd wise, the week starting 8 days after Easter (2 Nd Monday after Easter) ? Just curious,... I've heard the crowds are really bad the week before and the week after Easter Sunday, but can't find info on second week after .

Thx in advance!:D:beer:

TiggeRia
02-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Not too sure about the crowds, but I'll be there that week! :mickey:

javamama
02-15-2009, 02:52 PM
What's the date exactly?

pwdebbie
02-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I believe that would be 4/20. Easter is on the 12th, so the Monday after Easter would be the 13th, and the following Monday is the 20th. That's when I'll be there, so I'm going to watch to see the answers to this question as I've been wondering also.

javamama
02-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I was very leary of this week so I pushed my trip back a week, and switched to 4/27. Last year with Easter being super early(I think I'm remembering right) we went mid-April around the 13th if I remember right---it was super crowded. Everyone in our group of 10 got cranky, plus we had a cold snap, honestly if we weren't in one of the nicest rooms in the Poly I think it really would have been a bust--no joke! Towards the end of the trip it did get slightly better, the P&P was great, and we got a few warm days for the pool/beach. We had some big crowds even though most of the spring breaks were "supposedly" over. We had part of NY's, GA, AL, MA, and another states spring break when we were there--I thought I planned well, but I was wrong.

pwdebbie
02-15-2009, 09:22 PM
I checked the spring break dates and it looks like there are few during the week of 4/19. I'm hoping for low crowd levels.

alilprincessmom99
02-16-2009, 10:06 AM
It has been quite a while since we went during Spring Break time, but as I recall, the crowds are pretty heavy through most of April.

pwdebbie
02-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I just double-checked a half dozen websites that list spring breaks and the last date listed is April 6 - 10. Sounds like the week of April 19 should be spring-break free.

SBETigg
02-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Northeastern schools have break that week. That's when I'm going, too. Because of the break, in fact. I wouldn't count on low crowds, but I don't think it will be super crowded, either. Moderate, perhaps. April is hard to predict because of the staggered school breaks across the country.

javamama
02-17-2009, 01:30 AM
That's what we were stuck in last year, it was busy. I'm from Chicago, so we're all done w/our breaks in the midwest by Easter, so I thought we were safe last year......nope. I hope it's not as bad as last year, and I hope you all get better weather too this year:mickey:

pwdebbie
02-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Easter was much earlier last year. This year it is almost as late as it can be, I think. If you went after Easter last year, you went in March, the height of spring break season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the week of 4/19 to be a good one. Hey, maybe if they have to take a lot more snow days in whatever New England state it is that has spring break that week (Connecticut maybe?), then they won't have any days left for spring break! Aww, sorry, guys -- I really don't wish any bad snow storms on you!

Tinkerfreak
02-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Our break here in Maine is that week.
We do get snow days but once they are over the limit they just add days on to the end of the year. They don't take days away from vacation. Makes it nice for vacation but not so nice when they are going to school until the end of June:(.

Disneyfamilyof3
02-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Last year, we took our fifth wheel down to western NC on Easter. A call to WDW resulted in a miracle: an opening at Fort Wilderness Campground right after Easter! We drove all night and reached WDW the next am. It was right in the middle of spring break, right after Easter ( I think we were there March 30-April 2).

My observations were that the theme parks were crowded compared to what we were used to , but we usually go in the fall to get free dining overlapping the Epcot Food And Wine Festival. It was crowded enough where we didn't have the patience to wait online for most of the main attractions; but we have been to WDW enough times that we've seen everything anyway. That said and done, those extra magic hours will come in handy: it was the only way we could stand any chance of seeing things like Soarin.

WDW is always great, but if it was my first time there, I wouldn't go during spring break, nor would my itinerary be overly ambitious: I'd look toward spending some extra time at my resort.

WDWFanatic
02-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Mass' school break is the 3rd week of April, just like ME, and NH is the 4th week. And us New Englanders will do just about anything to get away from winter that time of year, so even if they did take away some of our vacation time we'll still be there with you ;).

Actually some of the town around us have taken a couple days off of our February break which we are having right now.

We'll be there also, so while I would like to say it will be lighter crowds I think SBETigg is correct when she guesses moderate crowds.

SBETigg
02-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Our break here in Maine is that week.
We do get snow days but once they are over the limit they just add days on to the end of the year. They don't take days away from vacation. Makes it nice for vacation but not so nice when they are going to school until the end of June:(.

Same here. Wishing us more snow just keeps us in school longer through June. So thanks for thinking of us! ;)

TheVBs
02-17-2009, 02:02 PM
We always prefer going in Sept., lower attendance and usually free dining plan. However, now that Thing 1 is in school, Sept. isn't really an option. :( This year we opted for the first week of May because according to the Disney info we had it was just outside of peak season, which was all of April. We'll still be dealing with larger crowds than we're used to, but I'm just really grateful we're getting to go!

Don't stress about crowd levels! Just enjoy your time there, pace yourself, take breaks away from the crowds and definitely take advantage of EMHs when you can. You'll have a fantastic time! :mickey:

MMFreak
02-24-2009, 12:41 PM
most of our trips have been the week after Easter (when it is in April) and we have alwasys enjoyed ourselves and never felt too overly crowded. The only exception to this was at the end of a parade, however I would imagine that it doesn't matter what time of year you go at the end of a parade it is always a mad house.

Ian
02-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Typically the entire month of April is very busy. I'd expect significant crowds and fairly long wait times. 60 minutes + for most things, I would think.