PDA

View Full Version : P.O.T.C. ruined by other guests

KevMcNJ
02-14-2009, 04:01 PM
seems like we were the only ones on the ride who followed the "No Flash Phtography Inside "

rule.

Ignorant people are everywhere. As soon as we left the loading area, there were 5 or 6 people on our boat taking flash photos at every scene in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Some airhead in the row ahead of us turned around and took a picture over her shoulder and the flash went off not two feet away from my wifes face. Stupid twit.

Seems like people get very myopic at WDW. Very selfish and just dont even think about other vactioners around them. Bad upbringing Id guess. Dont know what mgmt can do about it, but they gotta do something about this.

A few minor bumps aside, (We met our first Grumpy CM) it was a blessed week, and we are already counting down til our next trip. <12months to go!

bob6572
02-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Same thing happened to us. Plus, someone took a video camera with a light on it and lit up the ride as well.

mouseketeer mom
02-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh thats annoying. How rude.

Mousefever
02-14-2009, 04:49 PM
I once admitted to being a very remorseful perpetrator of flash photography in POTC, and unfortunately, my honesty was met with hostility. I will admit to being ignorant, and not using my brain. The only thing that can be said in my defense is that we walked straight onto the ride, and didn't hear the announcement about flash photography.

I should have realized that I could be bothering other people, but it didn't dawn on me. I will say that if someone had nicely, or even not so nicely, pointed out the rule, I would have stopped immediately. I'm not a rule breaker by nature, and I'd much rather be helpful than to be a nuisance.

I completely understand your irritation.

Amy

Speedy1998
02-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Were they Americans?

I have run into situations where people from other countries did not understand enough english, (or spanish seeing as they usually have the rules in spanish too) to know what was meant by flash photograpy.

Daisy'sMom
02-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Most of the people that do not follow the Disney rules are Americans. Every single one of the smokers in lines are americans and usually have a few comments to make when we ask them to put their cigarettes out. It is sad that people do not follow the rules.:mad:

Dopey's Girl
02-14-2009, 05:41 PM
That was the story of my entire October trip...any dark ride seemed to be plagued but people who didn't seem to understand the no flash pictures rule! I flat out told one woman on POTC that if she didn't stop taking pictures, I was going to ask a CM to call security (she was not only taking pictures, but standing up while we were moving.)

So annoying!!!

KevMcNJ
02-14-2009, 05:49 PM
The lady who shot a flash off in my wifes face was in fact American. 30-something with her husband and kids. No doubt raisng her children to be self centered jerks too

not really sure about the others on the ride.

Yes the modern cameras with the small monitor instead of a viewfinder also are distracting

Seems like there were many Brazilians in WDW this week. Lots of teen age groups all dressed in the same uniforms. Soccer tournement in town perhaps?

garthbarth1
02-14-2009, 05:50 PM
This happened to us on our last trip, only in the Haunted Mansion. SO IRRITATING!

cheshirecollector
02-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Yes the modern cameras with the small monitor instead of a viewfinder also are distracting

Thanks for the reminder. I now have one of those cameras for my next trip, and while I wouldn't do any flash photography on a ride, I probably wouldn't have remembered that those monitors are also annoying.

KevMcNJ
02-14-2009, 06:19 PM
This happened to us on our last trip, only in the Haunted Mansion. SO IRRITATING!

Of course anyhting they take in HM will not show up on film since its all optical illusions or behind glass. All they will get is a picture of the flash reflected off glass or a picture of other guests in Doom buggies across the room

Theyre too stupid to follow simple rules so theyre probably also too stupid to know photography 101 I guess

Speedy1998
02-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Seems like there were many Brazilians in WDW this week. Lots of teen age groups all dressed in the same uniforms. Soccer tournement in town perhaps?

More likely tour groups. They all wear the same shirt, to help stay together.

Over the years while I have had problems with other Americans, most my problems have been with foreigners either because of languange barriers, or because of cultural differences. Either way, they did not understand that the Americans around them considered what they were doing to be rude.

handmaidenofprincesses
02-14-2009, 06:31 PM
This seems to have become a much bigger problem on POTC since they installed the Captain Jack AAs. Every time I have ridden since, we have been plagued my flash-photographers. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do beyond asking them to stop. I just try to remember that I'd rather be bothered in Disney World than relaxed anywhere else :mickey:

DisneyLandMomma
02-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Funny, I just made a post like this on the DL board. It was like I was with a boatload of paparrazzi. Ridiculous!!

PetefromRI
02-14-2009, 07:11 PM
It doesn't matter to me if they're Americans or foreigners,rude is rude in any language.I really think that the whole world has lost it's common sense.They seem to think that they paid alot for this vacation so anything goes.Well you know what?The rest of us paid alot also.Why don't these people just buy the pre made DVD of all the parks,the filming is better and they wouldn't be bothering the rest of us.

BMan62
02-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Last time I was in POTC I had turned off the flash, but the new camera I have has a light that flashes on autofocus. Once I realized what it was doing, I turned the camera off and put it away. I may end up going back to my old camera because of this.

JPL
02-14-2009, 07:19 PM
This has been a long standing problem although it has definately escalated since they added Jack Sparrow to the mix. The ride is definately more enjoyable without all the Flashes going off since it ruins the setting of the show. I have to admit to taking a few flash pictures on the ride myself but only when I have become frustrated at all the flashes going off around me. I know 2 wrongs don't make it right but at least it stops me from yelling out in anger and I have something to take away from the experience. This is something that Disney needs to address and make an announcement on the ride like they use to do when people were using a flash. Since most CMs no longer take that intiative it has gotten much worse.

Altair
02-14-2009, 07:32 PM
but the new camera I have has a light that flashes on autofocus.

Can you turn auto-focus off?

Sunshine1010
02-14-2009, 07:51 PM
It's happened to me lots....but I honestly don't get really upset about it.

ThanxForNoticin
02-14-2009, 08:04 PM
It doesn't matter to me if they're Americans or foreigners,rude is rude in any language.I really think that the whole world has lost it's common sense.

This really is so true. Usually any of the negative comments coming through these boards really get down to people being rude - and often not caring about it. And I'm sure it's not just at Disney. From flash photography when it's prohibited to line jumping to running into people with strollers and wheel chairs - it's about respect.

I truly think 98% of the people we encounter at Disney do offer each other that respect. Others just have never learned or don't care.

cgriff
02-14-2009, 10:25 PM
This seems to have become a much bigger problem on POTC since they installed the Captain Jack AAs.

That's right, the new AA technology produces such realistic results that these people think it's actually Johnny Depp right there leaning back in the pirate throne!

Mickey91
02-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I just think guests in general have become more rude and apt to holler out and be obnoxious. The last several times we have been to Disney we have had more experiences with rude people on rides than not. People even yelled on The Great Movie Ride.

When it was only one ride here and there and we could get back on a ride later and enjoy it, it didn't bother us too bad. But, now that it is becoming harder to go on a ride and enjoy it without outbursts all the time, it is really annoying! We have too much money and too many expectations invested in a Disney trip to overlook people being inconsiderate during our entire trip.

BMan62
02-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Can you turn auto-focus off?

Since it is a fixed-lens camera, that would not be wise. I wish I had the $$$ to get a DSLR, but right now, there are more pressing uses for the $$$.

I'm still learning this camera, so maybe by next trip (2010??) I'll have it down to a science.

TheRustyScupper
02-15-2009, 10:32 AM
1) Yes, there are rude folks.
2) On POTC, I usually speak up.
3) If they don't stop, I splash their camera.
4) It doesn't hurt the unit, but spots the lens.

WDW_Obsessed
02-15-2009, 10:32 AM
I agree that this seems to be a huge problem in POTC. I am floored by how rude some people can be. It's so irritating, but I try not to let it ruin my day at Disney :mickey:

Meteora
02-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Honestly, I think one of the main problems is that Disney really doesn't have any way to effectively enforce these rules. So the rules become sort of optional--the mentality of "sure, they're requesting that we don't use flash photography, but nothing's going to happen if we do." People can kind of choose to follow the rules or not, and people who have spent a lot of money for their vacation and maybe are not too concerned with the enjoyment of others feel there's no issue with doing what they please.

For instance, when we were at Fantasmic and it was SRO, there were a few empty benches that were reserved for people with handicaps right in front of the SRO section. People asked the CM about it, and he said that it had to remain clear throughout the entire show. But as soon as the show started and the lights went off, people ran from the SRO section, knocking into other people, shoving their way down to those benches. The CM standing right there did absolutely nothing to stop them and let them stay. Beyond being unfair, the situation was dangerous, what with the pushing and shoving on stairs in the dark. But the fact is, when people disobey rules like this one and flash photography, not only do they not get punished, they in fact get rewarded because they get what they want. So why would they stop?

AmandaChan
02-15-2009, 03:07 PM
The talk about whether people are or not Americans is kind of offensive. People from other countries speak English, too. How does one base their assumption on whether someone is or isn't American? The color of their skin?? Did you hear them speaking another language? Again, how do you know they don't also speak English and live in America???

Perhaps they were just swept up in their excitement of finally riding the ride (it might be their first time) and not even THINKING about whether or not they're bothering someone while taking pictures. It isn't that hard to politely say 'Hey, the flash from your camera is bothering us. Please hold your flash throughout the ride.' I bet the person would be very apologetic and considerate. Of course I am only referring to a certain person/case. I have never been on a ride where EVERYONE was taking photos. Perhaps I have just been lucky.

Honestly not everyone thinks about that sort of thing and need a reminder (I had to remind my DH once or twice not to take pictures). He just got a little ahead of himself.

Let's also not forget that the speaker says 'do not take photos' en espanol, tambien.

acetate
02-15-2009, 04:01 PM
The problem we had when we were there in last Sept wasn't so much flash related, but a rather overprotective dad loudly explaining to his kids that the entire ride was fake. "Those pirates are not real honey, they're all plastic, just like the dummies at Sears...you in the clothing dept where we got you bathing suit, remeber?" That's not real fire. It's just a bunch of colored lights see. That dog's not real. It's sort of like a toy or a robot. See how fake it looks"
This went on the entire lenght of the ride. It was getting to me. By contrast, when my parents took me and my brother there for the first time in the 70's all they said to us is, "Hey look a pirate ride, that should be fun" and we went on unawares. Way more fun I would think.

beksy
02-15-2009, 06:04 PM
We were behind an annoying family on our last trip. Unfortunately it was also our first ride on the refurbished POTC so the flash really hurt our first impression. Of course this was after they tried to butt in line, pushed people out of the way to see into the dungeon area, etc. It worked out, though, when the guy's battery died half-way through the ride! Talk about justice! :thumbsup:

johnO
02-15-2009, 06:39 PM

The Cheerleading and Dance competitions are held in the first two weeks of February. Teams are from all over with many from South America.

dtootsie42
02-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Last time I was in POTC I had turned off the flash, but the new camera I have has a light that flashes on autofocus. Once I realized what it was doing, I turned the camera off and put it away. I may end up going back to my old camera because of this.

This happened to my husband. His old camera he could turn off the flash and still get some great pictures..he got some terrific ones at both POTC and HM. On our last trip to Disneyland his camera kept flashing when on autofocus so he had to put it away. He is taking his old camera on our next trip so he does not have the same problem again.

At least he realized how upsetting it was to other riders and put the camera away to avoid hard feelings among other riders.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly

disneyboy98
02-15-2009, 11:02 PM
I will be another one to admit to using flash photography on POTC, also on IASW :oops:.

As I die hard POTC fan I just had to have the pics of Jack, which frankly, do not even do it justice unless you have seen him moving around.

My goal for my next trip will be to put the camera in the bag and leave it there while we are on the dark rides.

My apologies if you have ever been in line next to a 28 year old Canadian singing "A Pirate's Life for Me" over and over :blush:.

Resolution: Do not take pics on the dark rides! :thumbsup:.

Aurora
02-16-2009, 12:47 AM
I have a camera that can turn off the automatic flash but you have to push the same little button four times for it to finally land on "no flash."

A couple of times I've forgotten to push it before getting on a dark ride, then tried to do it in the dark, only to find that I pushed the button three or five times, and when I went to take the "no flash" photo, the flash went off. Embarrassed, I exclaimed loudly, "oh shoot, I forgot to turn off the flash!" Don't want anyone to think I did it on purpose!

jaredkari
02-16-2009, 07:49 AM
We have never had a problem on POTC. But have noticed this problem in other places.

The best one was at Muppetvision where they were announcing no flash photography and as soon as they said that someone took a picture. We thought it was funny.

The worst was on Small World where the guy in front of us took pictures non-stop through the ride and of course the whole time held the camera above his head and this was one of the 95 degree 100% humidity days. It made the ride so much more magical. :mickey:

DixieBelle
02-16-2009, 09:16 AM
This happened to us on POTC, and for the record, the large group of revelers in our boat were not American. They talked and joked throughout the ride, with the flash of their cameras going off every few feet... When I asked them to please stop taking photos they just laughed and pretended that they did not understand English. We waited a long time to ride that day and it really ruined the experience for us....:(

alilprincessmom99
02-16-2009, 09:32 AM
This has happened to us numerous times on many different rides, but I have to say PoTC and IASW are the most annoying because everyone is in the same boat.

I will personally ask the people who are taking pictures very nicely if they would mind turning off their flash as the rules state "no flash photography". If they don't, they don't, but 9 out of 10 times they will stop.

I guess to me it just makes sense to ask them to stop rather than not saying anything and complaining about it for the rest of my trip. Now, if I ask and they don't stop, then I can complain!!!!

dumbo_buddy
02-16-2009, 09:56 AM
4) It doesn't hurt the unit, but spots the lens.

LOL that is SO wrong...but SO awesome!:thumbsup:

i yelled at some guy taking a flash pic LITERALLY every 15 secondson POTC. i got so steamed that "WHAT PART OF NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??"

totally didn't help things getting angry. and he still kept flashing away!:thedolls:

LudwigVonDrake
02-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Some people think only of themselves. I've had people with the video light shining all over and it's just plain rude.

Disney Doll
02-16-2009, 11:39 AM
We had a similar experience on POTC. In our case we were behind a rowdy group of young adults in line. When the CM directed us into the back of their boat I almost spoke up and asked to get on the next boat, but didn't. They were loud and obnoxious the whole ride. Of course they took about 50 (seriously) flash photos during the ride some of which they took while turning around and flashing in our faces. I don't get mad when someone takes one or two pics, but for the life of me I cannot imagine what these people were going to do with that many POTC photos. Literally the entire ride was filled with flashes. While I bet they were foreign (heard them speaking Bulgarian) they could also speak English so it was a case of not caring rather than not understanding.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-16-2009, 01:42 PM
My apologies if you have ever been in line next to a 28 year old Canadian singing "A Pirate's Life for Me" over and over :blush:.

Love it!! :thumbsup:There's a trio of us Canadians that do the same thing and I too will apologize if it bothers any one. It's always meant in good natured fun and it's one of our goals to actually learn all the verses. We sing along with the pirates in the ride, but not overly loudly. Kinda like singing in your car:blush:

On the other side, I have heard quite a few people with the philosophy that they paid alot of money to be here and the rules do not apply to them. Doesn't seem to occur that I (and everyone else) paid the same amount and would like to enjoy it too!!:mad:

disneymom2000
02-16-2009, 06:14 PM
I have accidently taken flash photos when I wasn't suppose to but mainly it was when I first entered the ride with my digital camera and with the first flash I always am embarrassed and have to figure out in the dark how to get that flash off. It happens to me at the aquarium too until I see the flash off the glass. I wish they made cameras where you had to knowingly turn ON the flash instead of remembering to turn it off. I usually apologize when that first flash appears. And I don't mind if people around me remind me - they are just helping me remember the rules.:blush:

DDuck66
02-17-2009, 03:13 PM
It drives us insane as well. Most of the better cameras will allow you to adjust for taking pics in the dark. My DW has settings so that she can take pics in the dark without using the flash. Some of the pics turn out blurry, because of the movement but it is better than annoying everyone else with the flash going off everywhere.

Granny Jill A
02-17-2009, 04:05 PM
It's irritating when folks don't follow the rules, but I do have a quiet chuckle when someone tries to take pictures indoors. The results usually aren't what they are expecting. A waste of film in most cases.

pink
02-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Funny, I just made a post like this on the DL board. It was like I was with a boatload of paparrazzi. Ridiculous!!

Haha, that is great.

I had the same problem this September on the Haunted Mansion. A mother was in front of us in her "doombuggy" with her two children and took flash pictures the whole ride.

She even did it during the new Madam Leota scene and ruined the entire effect.

We spoke very loudly about how rude it is to take flash photos when they ask you not to and not just one, but at least 10. She got the picture. (No pun intended):mickey:

brownie
02-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience. Did you mention something to the cast members? They might have helped you ride again. It's too bad people aren't more considerate of others. I think we tend not to think about how our actions affect others.

KevMcNJ
02-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience. Did you mention something to the cast members? They might have helped you ride again.

No we didnt bring it up to a CM
No need to ride it again, we rode it earlier in the week and Ive been riding it for 30 years

I know how it ends;)

goofy78
02-17-2009, 11:58 PM
It's one thing when people do it on accident and then try to fix the problem and a completely different story when someone is blatantly disobeying the rules. I have no respect for the latter.

AdventurerKim
02-18-2009, 12:19 PM
We rode POTC twice in a row in November, the second time because of people in our boat taking flash pics constantly throughout the ride, and the second time we were in another boat with people taking flash pictures. It is annoying, but we didn't tell a CM either time. I guess we should have said something to a CM. I find that at WDW, some people don't think about whether they are interfering or ruining other people's experiences in rides and attractions with flash pictures, talking, etc...

BIGDOG
02-18-2009, 04:43 PM
I have had this problem with the other riders on various rides doing flash photos. I find that a polite smack to the back of the heads will shut the flash off real fast.

NicksNitro
02-18-2009, 05:28 PM
A smack to the head?!? WOW. That's called assault in most states. Even more dangerous in a state like Florida that has the Castle Doctrine.

Imagineer1981
02-18-2009, 05:45 PM
I once admitted to being a very remorseful perpetrator of flash photography in POTC, and unfortunately, my honesty was met with hostility. I will admit to being ignorant, and not using my brain. The only thing that can be said in my defense is that we walked straight onto the ride, and didn't hear the announcement about flash photography.

I should have realized that I could be bothering other people, but it didn't dawn on me. I will say that if someone had nicely, or even not so nicely, pointed out the rule, I would have stopped immediately. I'm not a rule breaker by nature, and I'd much rather be helpful than to be a nuisance.

I completely understand your irritation.

Amy

We also were guilty of it, but it was only 1 time, my wife had to have a pic of Jack Sparrow and we rode 3 times without the flash and the pic wasn't turning out

BIGDOG
02-18-2009, 08:26 PM
I did say a polite smack ,,,,,if thats too harsh how about if I just use my "angry eyes" ???

SuzieBell
02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Same thing happend to us at DHS on the Star Wars Tours. Couple of punk kids. They were laughing. CM had to interup the ride at least 3 times to say stop with the flash photography or they were going to stop the ride.:mad:

threeh
02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Too funny. We had the people in front of us on pirates last trip take flash phtos of everything. I couldn't understand why, but whatever floats your boat (get it). We were able to go back another night and ride again but it was annoying!! Mickey was smiling upon us beacause we went back to MK during a rain storm and got our very own boat for pirates. Here's my tip for the day-go in the rain- no one else will be there !!
We had a tour group with us on the safari ride at DAK and same thing they took like 100 pictures. I don't know why??

threeh
02-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I did say a polite smack ,,,,,if thats too harsh how about if I just use my "angry eyes" ???
Did you really use your angry eyes or did you by mistake use your extra pair of legs?? Thanks for the laugh!! :o)

tjstrike
02-19-2009, 03:47 AM
I had some foreign dude in front of me at little mermaid using a video camera with the view screen, I finally tapped him on the shoulder and motioned for him to put it away (since he didn't understand me). I think he knew I was alittle more than irratated !!

disguy
02-19-2009, 11:18 AM
It's always been a challenge for me to see what I can get without the flash. It isn't so hard to set it. Once or twice I had the flash go off by accident and boy was I embarassed. I guess it just depends on the crowd at the time.:confused:

biodtl
02-26-2009, 12:46 PM
It drives me crazy, too. I know sometimes people forget about their flash, etc, but many just don't care.

I always get a little satisfaction out of knowing that most of those photos will be terrible anyway - people just don't seem to get that taking flash photos of something behind glass or projected on a screen (like in Nemo) is not going to turn out.

disneymama09
02-28-2009, 04:47 PM
I am sorry to hear that, just don't let it ruin your vacation. Having worked in a theme park before, you can yell at people until your blue in the face, it won't matter, when people are on vacation they just seem to be in their own little bubbles! Have fun on your next trip. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
02-28-2009, 06:34 PM
We had a tour group with us on the safari ride at DAK and same thing they took like 100 pictures. I don't know why??

I got great pics on the safari. They encourage picture taking.:mickey:

kwhitt3202
03-01-2009, 10:05 AM
We were on Tower in H.S and one guy ruined the whole ride for every one with his video camera with the light going the whole ride. We had to laugh when security was waiting for him and the end of the ride and made him give him the whole film. Last year we were on that same ride and someone was going to do the same thing and just about half of the car told him stop and we told him what had happened in a previous trip he put it way and was greatful that some one told him.

battle beast
03-01-2009, 10:31 AM
I can't stand when people take pictures on Pirate's. I must admit that I did it, but ONLY ONCE, to get a pic of Johnny Dep. :secret:

One time, there were several people taking pictures and the ominous voice stopped our boat and told people to stop taking pics or the boat wouldn't move. :thedolls: They complied, but soon after we started moving, one person took another photo, and the boat stopped again! they got the message THAT time.

WishingStar2006
03-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I just got back from a FABULOUS trip (even though it was FREEZING (not really but cold and windy!!) for three of my seven days. Not only did people ruin POTC the several times I rode it....but I had a new experience with people ruining The Haunted Mansion either with picture taking and with screaming and howling throughout the ride....couldn't even hear the naration!!! Really disappointing!!! And these were adults...not kids.

Belster
03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Mousefever I feel your pain. As I was reading this I was thinking back on my early days at the world and when I did this very same thing, unknowingly of course.

TheAdventurer
03-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Seems like every time that I ride I have to ask somebody to stop taking flash pictures. Happily, they always have stopped when I said something, but I hate it because just before I board I always have a feeling of dread knowing that I'm probably going to have to deal with people taking flash pictures yet again. And of course, you can't say something to people taking flash pictures in another boat, even though that can be distracting too.

Disney doesn't really emphasize this, just part of the spiel as you're boarding--and it's not very loud--that says "And please, no flash pictures." I think most people aren't rude, it's just that they don't hear that and don't know they're not supposed to take flash pictures.I wish they'd put up a big sign and state that loudly.

SamG
03-09-2009, 05:32 PM
I can't stand when people take pictures on Pirate's. I must admit that I did it, but ONLY ONCE, to get a pic of Johnny Dep. :secret:If you didn't already have that picture now, would you still get it? The reason I ask is maybe everyone else is taking the picture "just ONCE".

disneymom2000
03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
I have to admit that once I wasn't too nice about the flash photos. :drama: We were in the Haunted Mansion ride and we had a flasher in the doom buggy right behind us. They just didn't get it. Now I have admitted earlier to accidently flashing but only because I forgot to turn off the flash, which I did immediately - but this person was flash, flash, flash so when we turned sideways - I think at the ballroom scene - i reached over and flahsed my flash right at them. :blush: I did say "OOPPS - was my flash on?" They definitely got the hint.

DawsonAR
03-13-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm not one to take pictures on rides so I'm not sure if I could tell you which rides it is OK on and which ones it isn't. I guess if I was taking pictures I would be paying more attention to the announcements. I do agree, POTC seems to have a lot of people taking pictures and it is a distraction.

mainemajor
03-14-2009, 05:25 PM

When this happened to us at HM I finally yelled at the 25-30 yr. old to stop taking flash. when i did two other people yelled their "thank you" to me and we all could enjoy the ride.
Same trip different person on the safari kept standing up. Finally the driver stopped and told the woman that if she got up again then security would be called to remove her from the ride. She got the message and did not stir again. It was great to see a cast member not be afraid of the reaction she would get from this one person and stick to her guns.

spoonful of sugar
03-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Of course anyhting they take in HM will not show up on film since its all optical illusions or behind glass. All they will get is a picture of the flash reflected off glass or a picture of other guests in Doom buggies across the room

Theyre too stupid to follow simple rules so theyre probably also too stupid to know photography 101 I guess

that is not true at all. i have a bunch of pictures from the hm and did not use a flash to take them and they did come out very nice to be honest. i only took them for the sole purpose of seeing if i could. it was just a challenge that i needed to complete for myself.

Tinkgirl28
03-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Hey i know what you mean about rude people taking flash photography on dark rides. When i was at Disneyworld in 2007 my hubby and i went on splash moutain but when we got on the ride we didnt leave the boarding station for like 10mins because some idiot had got out of their boat to take pictures with the characters inside the mountain. And then some other idiot was standing up in their boat taking pictures of his friends!! It was really annoying and by the time we did get to ride, when we got off the line was so far backed up almost to up to the bridge where you can watch. That was not fun!!:mad:

WDWRox
03-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Most of the people that do not follow the Disney rules are Americans. Every single one of the smokers in lines are americans and usually have a few comments to make when we ask them to put their cigarettes out. It is sad that people do not follow the rules.:mad:

I disagree. It's a fifty/fifty problem between Americans as well as foreign visitors as well. I've seen more than my fair share of ignorant foreign visitors busting out the video camera and turning on the light to record an entire ride, or standing around smoking when and where they shouldn't.

yourmagicalguide
03-17-2009, 10:20 AM
seems like we were the only ones on the ride who followed the "No Flash Phtography Inside " rule.

Ignorant people are everywhere. As soon as we left the loading area, there were 5 or 6 people on our boat taking flash photos at every scene in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

I had this happen to my family and me on our 2007 trip - when PotC was incredibly popular. It really made the ride unenjoyable and even made us not want to ride it again for the remainder of our stay.

I had worries when DH and I visited last week that we would run into the same problem, but, thankfully, no one in our boat took pictures :D It made me so relieved that I could enjoy the ride again.

:mickey:

ILuvPiglet
03-22-2009, 03:05 AM
DH and I went to DL for the first time a a couple yrs ago and we were on a boat behind a boat filled with a Japanese tour group. They might as well have just turned the lights on for the whole ride, the amount of flashes going off was unbelievable. :mad: I made Dh ride again right after so I could try and enjoy the ride sans camera flashes and the second time around was great thankfully.