PDA

View Full Version : strollers

kreme28pa
02-14-2009, 03:55 PM
we r taking our lil man to wdw for his 1st bday in july.how are the strollers u rent for a 1 yr old.also have heard stories or personal strollers being stolen.be easier to travel if we can leave ours at home .

disneydad153
02-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Since Disney jacked the stoller prices up ridiculously high, I would take your own or by a cheap umbrella stroller down there and just throw it away when done. We took our own each year but we always drove down so it wasnt a problem. I wouldn't rent one now if I needed it because of the price. I would rather use the money towards a nice meal or souveniers.:mickey:

bob6572
02-14-2009, 04:36 PM
We have never had a problem with our own stroller. Plus it's nice to be able to roll through the airport. But I've never heard of ones being stolen.

Speedy1998
02-14-2009, 05:27 PM
We never brought a personnel stroller because we had heard about them being stolen.

We use to rent every year (back then it was only $7 per day) I found it to be much easier than messing with a personnel stroller on Disney transportation.

VWL Mom
02-14-2009, 07:29 PM
I bought an umbrella stroller to use when we travelled. It was nice to have for the airport in case of delays.

JPL
02-14-2009, 11:10 PM
A good idea is to purchase a cheap stroller and have it shipped to your resort I know this seems to be the new trend and then just leave it behind.

Mickey91
02-15-2009, 12:05 AM
We never brought a personnel stroller because we had heard about them being stolen.

We use to rent every year (back then it was only $7 per day) I found it to be much easier than messing with a personnel stroller on Disney transportation.

Now a single stroller is more than twice that amount. If you are going to be there for any length of time, You are better off buying one from a local Walmart or even the Disney one at the resorts. When you are done, find a nice family to pass it on to.

tannermansmom
02-15-2009, 09:40 AM
We bought a cheap umbrella stroller for our last trip. I didn't want to pay the money to rent one at the parks. We had no trouble when it came time to load/unload the bus. Plus on those late night walks to the hotel room, the stroller was a life saver. Nor did we have any trouble in the parks with them. I even left my camera in it a few times. An extra piece of advice, put something on your stroller that will make it easy to see. We had a piece of ribbon on our handle and that helped us find ours right away. In a sea of stollers it can be hard to find the right one when there are some just like yours.

DisneyBabies
02-15-2009, 10:36 AM
My Ds LOVES the type of strollers Disney has and asked if we could just use the ones there for our trip, so I looked into it. For our 8 day stay, we would have paid almost $100 for a stroller. There is NO way I am paying that much for something I can't bring home with me! If the prices were lower on the rented disney strollers, we would rent one, but that is not the case anymore. We found andEvenflo X Sport Plus stroller (umbrella stroller with adjustable handles) for $35.99. Even if we only use it at the parks, it's still worth the money we are saving by bringing our own no matter how much of a hassle it might be. Like some of the pp's said, it may come in handy at the airport as well as around your resort, so you may want to consider getting a cheap umbrella stroller and bring it with you.

javamama
02-15-2009, 02:51 PM
I have never seen or heard of anyone getting there stroller stolen, the CM's do move them alot though. We take ours every year, I want my kids to be comfy in their own stroller. Plus the Disney ones are hard plastic that gets hot, and doesn't have padding at all, or a tray for a one year old to snack on. Bring your own, you'll need in the airport too--we all know how MCO gets hit with afternoon thunderstorms(in the summer) that shut down the airport for awhile so you'll need it there. Plus it's great you leave it in the jetway, and they bring it up to you. Make sure you get some stroller clips for your diaper bag--best invention every--IMO!

Disney Doll
02-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Like others have mentioned the stroller rental prices have gone way up. I know some people like the Disney strollers, but I don't think they are that nice- hard plastic, minimal sunshade, too big to maneuver through tight spots like shops, and do not recline. We always bring our own stroller and honestly I can't imagine not having a stroller outside the parks. We use ours at the airport, at the resort, and at Downtown Disney. We have never heard of anyone getting a stroller stolen at WDW so I wouldn't worry about that. Our stroller is red so it's easy to spot which is a bonus at WDW. Enjoy the birthday trip! We took our son for his first birthday last October and it was awesome.