PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill at Epcot

Catzle
02-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Looking for one new place to try this year. How is the garden Grill?

kreme28pa
02-14-2009, 03:46 PM
i havent eatten thee in a few years but garden grill was one restaurant i enjoyed

sleepingbooty
02-14-2009, 03:58 PM
I can't say how it is since we haven't eaten there yet (although I've heard good things). But I wanted to mention that I heard they no longer have the characters there - if that makes a difference to you.

DawsonAR
02-14-2009, 04:41 PM
We love the Garden Grill. I was aware they stopped serving lunch, however I didn't know they discontinued the characters.

We will continue to visit either way.

the other micki
02-14-2009, 05:29 PM
I believe the characters are still there for dinner.

sassy2000
02-14-2009, 05:33 PM
The characters are there for dinner and the food is wonderful. We ate there in April and enjoyed it. Even my DS4 and DD2 ate all of their food.

Kenny1113
02-14-2009, 05:40 PM
I have had two different experiences in regard to food at Garden Grill. The first time it was really good, the second time not so good and very salty.Only a two month window between visits, so it might have been a bad day. The character interaction is really good! I would recommend it. If they didn't get rid of lunch I would probably go back.

Maleficent_vf
02-14-2009, 06:18 PM
We've gone there three times and enjoyed it each time. :thumbsup: If you go, look for the hidden mickeys in the mural.

Crow
02-14-2009, 06:34 PM
only once so far, lunchtime last yr. it was pretty good.
no more lunch...and when i go in APril its holiday pricing, meanings its $4 more tacked on to the cost of the meal.....so I dont think Im going.

beksy
02-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Wonderful. It's our favorite character meal by far! We love the atmosphere and the food and the service was great. The character interaction was the best we had too with all of them coming by multiple times. Its on our must-do list!

goofy78
02-15-2009, 03:17 AM
i remember eating there as a kid and i still go back even on my last trip. if things haven't changed since my last visit then you should find a restaurant with a great theme, good food, and fun character involvement. :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
02-15-2009, 11:07 AM
We love it! The food is good and the catfish is to die for! :mickey: The character interaction has always been great for us!

Charlee
02-15-2009, 12:11 PM
We really enjoyed the Garden Grill last year, the character interaction was great (Mickey came and sat next to me - and started to "eat" my food!), the food was very good and it was very accomodating. We told the server that my dad had an allergy to fish and so we would not want any catfish and the chef came out to check if there were any problems!

We found the service very good and our server was frequently refilling our drinks and bringing more food quickly when we asked for it.

yjgirl32
02-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Great to hear! Can't wait to try it in Sept.

IamBelle
02-17-2009, 07:10 AM
As for the rotating, do all of the tables rotate?

KylesMom
02-17-2009, 10:47 AM
The restaurant as a whole rotates, so in essence all of the tables rotate. We prefer sitting in the bottom tier versus the upper tier.

Although it's been for lunch which they are no longer serving, we've never had a bad meal at Garden Grill - and the menus from lunch to dinner were almost identical.

While our last server was a little "green", we've always enjoyed our dining experience here. The only reason it's not on our list this year is because we won't give up our LeCellier dining in favor of GG.

We're quite disappointed that they've discontinued lunch, as this was the ideal place for a noontime break at Epcot. However, the characters are still in place for dinner. I recommend you give it a try! :mickey:

Luv Eeyore
02-17-2009, 11:53 AM
This is one of our all time favorites. We've always had the best character interaction at this restaurant, and the whole family loves the food. It is also nice seeing the change of scenery during the meal. DS particularly loves the diarama part.

Catzle
02-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks everyone we booked! It's always nice to try a new place!

brownie
02-17-2009, 05:39 PM
We like eating there. It's interesting because it revolves, and you do catch glimpses of Living with the Land. We've always had good meals there, but it has been a while since we've eaten there.

dfamasb
02-17-2009, 05:43 PM
We ate there just last week and I thought the food was just average compared with the rest of our food for the week. The character interaction was very good however. I don't know if I would go back though...nothing special in my opinion.

Bethis26fan
02-17-2009, 05:52 PM
I loved it and I'm a picky eater. So I didn't eat the salad or catfish. Our serve kept trying to bring me other stuff to make up for it. Even though i told him there was plenty there. So service was good and food was as well. (well i can't say about the fish or salad. ;))

goofy78
02-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone we booked! It's always nice to try a new place!

Glad to hear it. Hope you enjoy it! :mickey:

garthbarth1
02-19-2009, 09:30 PM
We too have wanted to try this! I did not realize it rotated...can someone pls tell me more about it? thanks :) Melissa

goofy78
02-19-2009, 09:55 PM
We too have wanted to try this! I did not realize it rotated...can someone pls tell me more about it? thanks :) Melissa

It is a revolving restaurant but it moves very slowly. As you rotate you see scenery changes along the walls. It makes for a fun atmosphere especially when the characters come out to join you. Unless the food has changed in the last 4 years, it is good. I have enjoyed every one of my meals there, even going back to when it was called the Land Grille Room. IMHO you should make an effort to experience this restaurant. :mickey:

Kenny1113
02-20-2009, 08:38 AM
It is a revolving restaurant but it moves very slowly. As you rotate you see scenery changes along the walls.

Just to add...You also look over The Living with the land ride, if you sit on the outer circle. The kids really enjoyed that! :thumbsup:

garthbarth1
02-20-2009, 09:32 AM
That sounds great...I will have to try it. Thanks!